DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

Oh it's 100% Dump Matsumoto!

I don't watch Dump for workmrate. I watch her to see her terrorize the pure babyfaces. There is so much to unpack with Dump. She represents hedonism through violence, the representation of the future for those in attendance if Chigusa, Lioness and the other teams aren't there to represent that which is "Good".

Dump Matsumoto isn't here to make wrestling pretty. Dump Matsumoto is there to remind you wrestling can be ugly. Dump Matsumoto is there to corrupt and corruption never plays fair!

I f*ckin' love Duump Matsumoto!

James

I just want to say posts like this are why I love this place and have loved it since high school. I'm not even a joshi fan but "hedonism through violence" makes me want to know more. Thank you. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

My friends we are forgetting one VERY big one (especially for here)...

Hide contents

Antichristo butchers his promo - YouTube

DE NOMER WON, AN DE BESS~!!!

Anyway, that Vordell Walker footage is gone now, so what exactly happened? Never heard of this.

https://x.com/erickoenreich/status/1642214332153974785?lang=en

Erick Stevens addressing it on Twitter (he was also in the match)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.H. said:

Oh it's 100% Dump Matsumoto!

I don't watch Dump for workmrate. I watch her to see her terrorize the pure babyfaces. There is so much to unpack with Dump. She represents hedonism through violence, the representation of the future for those in attendance if Chigusa, Lioness and the other teams aren't there to represent that which is "Good".

Dump Matsumoto isn't here to make wrestling pretty. Dump Matsumoto is there to remind you wrestling can be ugly. Dump Matsumoto is there to corrupt and corruption never plays fair!

I f*ckin' love Duump Matsumoto!

James

I have watched around the edges of '80s AJ women's stuff over the past few years, but I have avoided diving into it for too long. I need to get to it in the next year or two. 

I sense that Akira Hokuto and Bull Nakano would be top twenty wrestlers on my personal list if only I dug into their work more deeply. Maybe Lioness Asuka would be somewhere around there, too. I just need to immerse myself in that stuff on YouTube. 

16 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

I have watched around the edges of '80s AJ women's stuff over the past few years, but I have avoided diving into it for too long. I need to get to it in the next year or two. 

I sense that Akira Hokuto and Bull Nakano would be top twenty wrestlers on my personal list if only I dug into their work more deeply. Maybe Lioness Asuka would be somewhere around there, too. I just need to immerse myself in that stuff on YouTube. 

Accept Chigusa Nagayo into your heart. (Also, you can get a good amount of 1980s Zenjo by watching AJW Classics and be just fine.)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I wish I had the date of the insane JBA v. Dump/Bull encounter that 10%  match 95% postmatch brawl and 5% the JBA on the mic saying the result of the match is bullshit. It might be my favorite non-Chigusa Dump/Bull encounter

James

Edited by J.H.

Brandi Rhodes revealed today she's undergone successful surgery to correct Stage 3 endometriosis that's been dogging her health since 2021. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Brandi Rhodes revealed today she's undergone successful surgery to correct Stage 3 endometriosis that's been dogging her health since 2021. 

Any word on whether the operating doctor thought it was open mic night?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know what's missing to go with the Zubaz?

A Ribera satin jacket

Not shown: His pair of Roos.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

My friends we are forgetting one VERY big one (especially for here)...

Hide contents

Antichristo butchers his promo - YouTube

DE NOMER WON, AN DE BESS~!!!

Anyway, that Vordell Walker footage is gone now, so what exactly happened? Never heard of this.

OK if you mean the Rick Steiner shoot footage.

It popped back up on youtube weeks ago. I linked it on FB and hours later it was made private.

Gonna ask Vordell about that if he knows why. Rumor I heard was Rick asked for the footage to not be online. Who knows.

If asked about it Vordell always says the same thing . Rick thought he coudl rough up a rookie and learned he couldn't.

Watched The 30 for 30 on Ric Flair (its up on netflix), sad hearing about how Reid's death contributed to his all ready problematic drinking which continues to this day. Overall a very well made documentary 

I like the idea of Summerslam being 2 nights and being treated as a Wrestlemania Summer version.    It does make me think that the rumor of WM being only in Vegas seem truer

32 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I like the idea of Summerslam being 2 nights and being treated as a Wrestlemania Summer version.    It does make me think that the rumor of WM being only in Vegas seem truer

They also could be doing this if they are giving Mania to the Saudis in 2026.

20 minutes ago, Infinit said:

They also could be doing this if they are giving Mania to the Saudis in 2026.

Or also HHH's fantasy of running Wembley for Mania may be happening. 

• Like 1

WWE's back down to a Big Three, huh?

WM, SummerSlam, and the Royal Rumble.

It almost feels like, from what I gather hanging out at this board, that unless you're a huge fan of the company, you can pop in for WrestleMania season starting in early January with the Rumble build, watch to WM, and then come back in late July and watch through SummerSlam and basically get all the WWE you need in one year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Re: the Vordell Walker thing, I meant because I can't watch the footage, what specifically happened. Like what did Rick pull and what did Vordell respond with. Also, this was in a tag match, right, with Dustin and some other guy? How did they respond?

Edited by Curt McGirt