DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

Just now, Raziel said:

Cope is lucky if it was only the broken tibia and it might not be career ending, although at 50 it probably should be, or at least the completion of his bump card.

Meanwhile, Christian just laughs yet again at how he can work a perfect match without doing anything nearly as dangerous. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brandon-E said:

Now that CM Punk is back in WWE, what do you think will be the next thing to happen there that was previously thought to be impossible?

Given the Women's title match at Battleground, I'm either going with a non-WWE contracted wrestler holding a WWE title.

11 hours ago, Brandon-E said:

Now that CM Punk is back in WWE, what do you think will be the next thing to happen there that was previously thought to be impossible?

HHH doing one presser without being a snarky, petty bitch

• Haha 9

In all seriousness, as someone hearing of this for the very first time, I find it interesting they've got a Twitter show now with RAW on Netflix in the pipeline - makes me wonder which (if any) streamers might try to do business with AEW this summer when Turner's exclusivity window ends.

18 hours ago, Brandon-E said:

Fewer than six camera cuts on an Irish whip and back body drop spot?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

Fewer than six camera cuts on an Irish whip and back body drop spot?

One thing I will give, is that since Dunn was shown the door, Production has gone way the fuck up and cuts have gone way the fuck down.  Shit, that drone shot before Paul's Frog Splash from K/QotR was amazing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Brandon-E said:

Vince dies before ever stepping into another courtroom. I know that isn't exactly surprising with his age but it'll be the next huge news story because then WWE is going to have to acknowledge it SOMEHOW. A lot more stories would come out too, bet.

EDIT: Not just tawdry stories of sexual abuse either, I'm talking other ways money may have been used/misappropriated without reporting like a proper public company is supposed to do. The biggest can of worms has yet to be opened, I feel. I may be no expert in traded companies' inner workings but it always felt like Vince until the last couple of years acted far more as an autocrat than chairman of a corporation.

Edited by Sex Machine Gun

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

One thing I will give, is that since Dunn was shown the door, Production has gone way the fuck up and cuts have gone way the fuck down.  Shit, that drone shot before Paul's Frog Splash from K/QotR was amazing.

I chose that spot and those number of cuts because two months ago, my wife was flipping through channels and stopped for a second on a WWE show, and that spot, with those number of cuts happened while my wife made fun of the wrestling viking people on the screen before continuing on her way. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Raziel said:

that is good to hear, because i found late Dunn-era WWE literally unwatchable with all of the cuts. Many factors drove me away, but the few times i tried to dip my toes back in, the constant camera switching made me dizzy and nauseous. 

• Like 1

Outside the ring, the only real negative in the WWE right now except for an occasional shitty commentary moment for me is that the entrance music in the last six months has been terrible.   I really can't think of a new entrance song lately that appeal to me except WHOOP THAT TRICK and that isn't a song at all

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I really can't think of a new entrance song lately that appeal to me except WHOOP THAT TRICK and that isn't a song at all

I'm glad to see that Hustle and Flow is having another moment in the sun. 

Speaking of, why not just get Three 6 Mafia back in the studio to record another entrance theme or two? "Some Bodies Gonna Get It" is one of the greatest wrestling themes ever in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

I'm glad to see that Hustle and Flow is having another moment in the sun. 

Speaking of, why not just get Three 6 Mafia back in the studio to record another entrance theme or two? "Some Bodies Gonna Get It" is one of the greatest wrestling themes ever in my humble opinion. 

Half of the members being dead would probably be an impediment.

12 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Half of the members being dead would probably be an impediment.

Who'd we lose again? Gangsta Boo wasn't on the track, but who else? 

Hell, that's what Wikipedia is for, I'll check it myself.

Man, a lot of rappers dropped dead in their late forties and early fifties over the past decade. 

in the spirit of Jorge Lopez getting himself released and all the WWE contract drama.. which wrestler would be the best fit for "guy who just tosses his boots/pads into the crowd and walks off" which would be a "is he leaving or not" thing

if it's possible to not have too many on-screen "is he staying" dramas at the same time in one promotion

On 5/28/2024 at 10:07 PM, Brandon-E said:

Well, allegedly David has made peace with Tina and Chris and the positive hype over the Stop Making Sense anniversary re-release has them hinting at a Talking Heads reunion tour. Never thought I'd see that. Obviously Dean pulling big strings up in Heaven...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They turned down a bunch of money to do a reunion tour this year, I think them appearing together in Toronto is the best we're going to get.

On 5/28/2024 at 9:07 PM, Brandon-E said:

Martha Hart reconciling with the WWE (which, to be fair, was always more impossible than Punk returning to the WWE)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

in the spirit of Jorge Lopez getting himself released and all the WWE contract drama.. which wrestler would be the best fit for "guy who just tosses his boots/pads into the crowd and walks off" which would be a "is he leaving or not" thing

if it's possible to not have too many on-screen "is he staying" dramas at the same time in one promotion

Isn't that basically what Jeff Hardy did ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Martha Hart reconciling with the WWE (which, to be fair, was always more impossible than Punk returning to the WWE)

With Vince being gone I now could see Owen going into the HOF plus some sort of Network special being a non zero chance

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

With Vince being gone I now could see Owen going into the HOF plus some sort of Network special being a non zero chance

Given that Martha has been working with TK, it’s still put it closer to zero than not.