DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

I just put all the finishing touches on my trip home for the show. Nothing left to do but be in vacation mind for the next week at work. One last thing, theres an Italian place 7 minutes away from the arena that looks awesome and they take reservations. 
https://www.palermopizza.online/

Let's pre show with pizza and calamari. If you're going and are down for a get together, I'll take care of making the reservation. As long as that doesn't cost anything. Ya never know...

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, twiztor said:

i would love to support this some more. Is there any t-shirts/merch being made? will this see a DVD release?

If you want a copy of the show you have to do it the way god intended: send a money order for $27 to the sketchiest person you've ever met on the internet then wait 6-8 weeks for the VHS tape that also contains the last half of Desperado taped off of Showtime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

If you want a copy of the show you have to do it the way god intended: send a money order for $27 to the sketchiest person you've ever met on the internet then wait 6-8 weeks for the VHS tape that also contains the last half of Desperado taped off of Showtime.

It's also gotta be like a 4th generation transfer so the tracking is iffy

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DJ Hero Morganti said:

It's also gotta be like a 4th generation transfer so the tracking is iffy

When I was a teen, my dad used to let me use his credit card to buy stuff online as long as I gave him the cash. It never dawned on me that he probably thought I was buying drug paraphernalia, until he *hopefully* looked into just what the hell Highspots.com sold...

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Zimbra said:

i have done this plenty of times. i even sent CASH through the mail a few times. always a crapshoot on when/if you get the correct items, or for that matter anything at all. 

• Like 3

Was a near thing at times in the last two months, but ultimately made the call not to head up. We had some family stuff in February that I didn't know how it'd fall and it fell just bad enough that we made the decision to treat the kids on Spring Break with a trip. Just got back from that (and they had a blast) but the time off work and expense and some lingering stuff pushed the needle far enough that it doesn't make sense for me to take off two more days from work and miss a couple of extra days with the kids and burden the wife. I hope everyone has a great time though and I'll catch the show on IWTV and hopefully write it up on SC as Phil and Eric will be busy creating history as the modern day Toots Mondt and Jack Pfefer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Was a near thing at times in the last two months, but ultimately made the call not to head up. We had some family stuff in February that I didn't know how it'd fall and it fell just bad enough that we made the decision to treat the kids on Spring Break with a trip. Just got back from that (and they had a blast) but the time off work and expense and some lingering stuff pushed the needle far enough that it doesn't make sense for me to take off two more days from work and miss a couple of extra days with the kids and burden the wife. I hope everyone has a great time though and I'll catch the show on IWTV and hopefully write it up on SC as Phil and Eric will be busy creating history as the modern day Toots Mondt and Jack Pfefer.

So you are expecting Somalia Joe and Wayne "the Cock" Johnston to be on the card?

• Haha 1

My wife:  "So, who are you gonna see at the Dean show?"

Me:  "Oh, a bunch of cool shit including 3 Flippy Guys against 3 Strong Motherfuckers"

My wife:  "Oh, cool!  But really, what's their names?"

Me:  "Those ARE their team names!"

From here she'll gives me that look I know all too well and I have to convince her I'm not trolling her for once.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/22/2024 at 10:45 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I just put all the finishing touches on my trip home for the show. Nothing left to do but be in vacation mind for the next week at work. One last thing, theres an Italian place 7 minutes away from the arena that looks awesome and they take reservations. 
https://www.palermopizza.online/

Let's pre show with pizza and calamari. If you're going and are down for a get together, I'll take care of making the reservation. As long as that doesn't cost anything. Ya never know...

I don't know about reservations and such, but if anyone wants to meet me at the California Tortilla in nearby Sicklerville for California Screamin' burritos before the show they're welcome...

Looking forward to this show more than anything else I’m going to Mania weekend. Going to meet a lot of people in real life for the first time. Can’t wait even though I have to work that day and then drive back to Baltimore to work Friday because this time of year is blacked out at work. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1