DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Mine is getting here today so between Rampage, the unwatched Dynamite with the DRAMATIC ASSAULT, and this I got a big night of wrestling! (I also got that new Blu Ray player because hey, I might want to watch this, my 1000 other DVDs and single Blu Ray of Thief... someday)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Mine is getting here today so between Rampage, the unwatched Dynamite with the DRAMATIC ASSAULT, and this I got a big night of wrestling! (I also got that new Blu Ray player because hey, I might want to watch this, my 1000 other DVDs and single Blu Ray of Thief... someday)

No Rampage tonight (they’re doing another live post-Collision tomorrow) so you might be able to sneak in one of the other 1000 DVDs instead.

Posted (edited)

I STILL haven't finished watching the whole show, and even put it right next to the computer to visually shame myself last night, but no dice. I did watch an NJPW 10-man and a Mayumi Ozaki match from 2024 however. He would approve.

I have tomorrow off work so there are no more excuses. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Thanks 1

Got my Blu Ray in the mail. Just some beautiful DVDVR art, that cover. It will sit in a place of honor on my Shelf of Cool Shit with Primus albums, the old school Alien films, Breaking Bad, and the complete book series of Stephen King's The Dark Tower.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhT4yXtoWxg&t=83s

Hey guys I'm not actually on screen but just know that at 1:22 or so, that trash can may not have hit Demus, but it sure hit me...

(Hey actually you can see me clearly at ringside at the 2:03-2:04 mark watching the chair-assisted corner dropkick; I assume that's (BP) to my right)

Edited by The Comedian
upon further review
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I was shopping just now and I was checking out the magazine stand. Lo and behold, the latest issue of PWI was on the stand. It was covering Mania weekend and they have some pics from the DEAN show with a mention of who Dean was and how he influenced many including Tony Khan through DVDVR, and the results of the show.  I almost bought it but I just read it there in the store and put it back. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Was that the May issue? Because I skimmed it pretty hard at B&N and didn't see anything. 

Side note, PWI only being $7.99 now is something totally unexpected. They cram a lot of info into that glossy little thing (smaller than it used to be). I almost bought it straight out because of all the Japan stuff but flinched. 

• Like 1

The circulation goes down (because of the internet), the profits go down because of reduced circulation, the price goes up to offset the reduced profits, and that drives circulation down further because people see the high price and say "I'm not paying that".

Eventually all magazines will cost like $50 each and will only be bought by Magazine Collectors, who will regard them as investments that will increase in value.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

The circulation goes down (because of the internet), the profits go down because of reduced circulation, the price goes up to offset the reduced profits, and that drives circulation down further because people see the high price and say "I'm not paying that".

Eventually all magazines will cost like $50 each and will only be bought by Magazine Collectors, who will regard them as investments that will increase in value.

I learned this lesson the hard way when I grabbed some Tom Petty retrospective after he died.

I've thought about at least getting a Fangoria sub but all the news ends up online and I can read the rest at the store if I want. A lot of mags are still alive though, surprisingly. The Dark Side and Filmfax?! Still running.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'ZER01 PRO WRESTLING USA CELEBRATING AMPA வ்ா さ吉 東藤1號-創童・ 强生 PRO PRIDE MONTH! 創唱藍 装號 O WRESTLING DRO MADE ZER01 USA DEBUT IN MAY 2018 CURRENT ZER01 USA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION WON THE 2022 KINGS & QUEENS TOURNAMENT MAD DOG CONNELLY'

o celebrate #PrideMonth, we would like to proudly spotlight the LGBTQIA+ members of the Zero1 USA roster!

Zero1 USA Heavyweight Champion MAD DOG CONNELLY debuted in 2018 under the name “Handsome” Dan Liplock. For years, Liplock was a mainstay on the pre-show and undercard of Zero1 USA. However, in 2020, Liplock underwent a full-blown transformation that would change the landscape of his career for good. On September 26th, 2020, Zero1 USA bore witness to the birth of Mad Dog Connelly who, since then, has only evolved in terms of presence, charisma, and in-ring skill. Now in 2024, Connelly reigns at the top of the mountain in Zero1 USA as the Heavyweight Champion. With seven successful defenses under his belt and 176 days into his reign, the world watches to see what moves Connelly will make throughout the remainder of 2024.

Zero1 USA celebrates Heavyweight Champion Mad Dog Connelly during Pride Month 2024!

"Handsome" Dan Liplock. Well then. 😄

Happy Pride Month!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Gonna have to hit the one local store that carries PWI.

I still buy it when I find it. Cause 8 bucks for a copy. Read it ,then toss it on the table and sell it for 5. Pay 3 bucks to read almost drops it down to what they were costing when I stopped getting them in the mid 90s.