DVDVR Message Board

October 2023 Wrestling Discussion

I once had a old lady yell at me in a Walmart because she really thought that the Crayola marker on my infant daughter's knucks was really in fact a tattoo reading "MILK" (right hand) & "EGGS" (left hand).

• Haha 14

18 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The wrestler who plays Michael Hayes in Iron Claw looks like Chippendales Michael Hayes in his pic:

Or maybe he’s alternate universe Seth Rollins. I don’t know.

Edit: just realized another nickname "Magic Mike Hayes"

He might be okay as Michael Hayes, but he would be great as Steve Keirn or Stan Lane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

I don't have any tattoos because my body is a temple and I shant desecrate it.

(Shoves second Hostess cupcake into my mouth)

My favourite scene from Hellboy II: The Golden Army when Hellboy and Abe get pissed. Before said scene:

Abe: I don't drink, my body's a temple.

Hellboy: Well now it's an amusement park.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have tuna nigiri on my thigh. It's covering up old self-harm scars. The artist made the scars into the marbling on the tuna. I figure I could turn something I didn't like about myself from my past into something I did like, and tuna nigiri is my favorite food.

I also have Princess Peach wearing a pink variant of Samus Aran's varia suit on my calf. My logic for that isn't nearly as dark; I just thought it was cute.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

I have tuna nigiri on my thigh. It's covering up old self-harm scars. The artist made the scars into the marbling on the tuna. I figure I could turn something I didn't like about myself from my past into something I did like, and tuna nigiri is my favorite food.

I also have Princess Peach wearing a pink variant of Samus Aran's varia suit on my calf. My logic for that isn't nearly as dark; I just thought it was cute.

I hope you're planning a tattoo of Samus wearing a version of Peach's dress and brooch, but in her fully-upgraded Fusion suit's colors on your other calf.

And if you weren't planning that, I hope this post causes you to plan that. 

Edited by SirSmUgly
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, SirSmUgly said:

I hope you're planning a tattoo of Samus wearing a version of Peach's dress and brooch, but in her fully-upgraded Fusion suit's colors on your other calf.

And if you weren't planning that, I hope this post causes you to plan that. 

At some point! Super Mario Bros. 2 and Metroid were my favorite games growing up (because they were the first games where I could play as a girl - I own complete in box copies of both!), so it just made sense to me.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Loved tattoos since a boy. Still need to get my first which will be a tribute to my late great Mum. I was thinking a portrait of her on my inside forearm.

That was neat. Didn't realize Villano IV was something of a godfather to Dom. Wonder who the other 4-5 are outside of most likely Eddie.

• Like 1

I've got my arms quite covered, chest piece, front of both thighs, and the shin + calf of my right leg decorated. Up next is tops of feet. 

Anybody who says tattoos don't hurt IS A LYING JERK LIAR!!! jk but most of mine, while tolerable, absolutely weren't painless and my chest (across both pecs and sternum) was basically torture despite how happy I am with the end result. 

Edited by Coletti
  • Like 2

I have tattoos on both arms and legs. Each arm has a theme but my legs are just whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. My worst one is the sort-of Tetris piece I attempted to stick and poke on myself one fine summer evening after drinking all day

• Like 4

I have 18, most are smallish silly floaters on my arms (7 were Friday the 13th specials when places were still doing them for $20). One large one on the outside of my left calf commemorating my rattlesnake bite. That one hurt a lot when it got into the knee ditch and right on top of the ankle. The one on the inside of my right bicep was the most painful in general, sensitive area and a heavy-hand artist. I need to have a slight cover-up on that one soon. Touch-ups also hurt a bunch. All are hidden when I wear long sleeves, although not on purpose.

• Like 5

I'm planning on some kind of more traditional sleeve for my left arm, except with a message written out in the Predator language on my left forearm. My right arm I'd like to do a sleeve consisting of my own artwork. I'm basically looking at doing an origami style animal for all of our favorite animals (sloth for me, otter for my wife, octopus for my older daughter, and my younger daughter is still up in the air). I've done them with line work only and I've done them with line work, but with color splashed in in a watercolor style. I've read and heard from some people though that the watercolor look can look muddy after a year and to not expect it to look like how it looks in the 6 months after you get it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm planning on some kind of more traditional sleeve for my left arm, except with a message written out in the Predator language on my left forearm. My right arm I'd like to do a sleeve consisting of my own artwork. I'm basically looking at doing an origami style animal for all of our favorite animals (sloth for me, otter for my wife, octopus for my older daughter, and my younger daughter is still up in the air). I've done them with line work only and I've done them with line work, but with color splashed in in a watercolor style. I've read and heard from some people though that the watercolor look can look muddy after a year and to not expect it to look like how it looks in the 6 months after you get it.

As long as the lines are solid, you should be okay even if colors fade a bit. The issue is when people get the entire tattoo in that style without well-done line work that the entire piece can end up looking blurry and shitty. 

• Like 2

I have a stick and poke on my left leg down by the ankle; it's the area code of where I live. A bunch of us got tats of it down there. Was pretty drunk so got through the pain easily enough, and made the design myself so I'm satisfied with it besides a blood drop coming down being a plain circle. It's silly, but it's a memory of better times. Sometimes that's all you can ask for. 

• Like 1

I have four tattoos, one on each shoulder, one inner bicep and one outer. The inner one hurt the most, but it was bearable, no worse than a routine dentist appointment. Didn't get my first one until I was into my thirties as I never thought of myself as a tattoo guy, but glad I have them now. I would have more, but I find the whole process prior to the tattooing itself kind of intimidating, I don't like explaining my weird ideas (even if the idea is 'please replicate the Watford FC club crest, I want this on me permanently) to strangers.

At some point I'll get round to it though, I still want to get one of a carton of semi-skimmed milk where its green cap is the only colour I have across any of my tattoos. Because I really fucking love semi skimmed milk, like a marginally less bald and much less athletic Kurt Angle. Also one with the phrase 'Confusion is not an obstacle, nor clarity a solution' from The Armed Live At The Masonic, because it's a genuinely wise and useful epithet that I've never heard anywhere else and The Armed are the best band in the world today. And they have about 86 members, so if any of them are outed as sex monsters it'll be easier to handwave it as a statistical inevitability than with my Daughters tat.

Don't have any wrestling tattoos and can't think of many I'd want, although the Dark Side Of The Ring on Herb Abrams' UWF did make me seriously consider a purple, green and yellow cowboy boot with 'Let's hear it for the Jews!' written on it.

• Like 3