DVDVR Message Board

May 2023 Wrestling Talk

I thought of some more good shit I used to do with my action figure Fed;

One year I got a bunch of duplicate figures from friends and family who were in the dark as to the lengths of my obsession. Most of them ended up either cannon fodder or parts for customs, but I decided to have some fun with my Johnny Cage duplicate. I gave Johnny a stunt double named Stu. Stu had to do all the bullshit Johnny didn't want to do; fight low level opponents, take Baroness to the farmer's market (I made that one up, but Johnny did make Stu take Baroness on dates and listen to her talk and stuff. I watched a LOT of sitcoms when I had mono and a lot of my story ideas came from things I saw on tv). Johnny treated Stu like Archer treated Woodhouse, other than Stu not being a butler. Anyway, Kano and Destro hatched a plot to take Johnny Cage hostage and get the president (Han Solo in his Cloud City gear) to pay billions to get "America's hero" back. The only problem was they sent Blanka and Croc Master to actually kidnap JC, and they ended up with Stu instead. Sonya had to force Johnny to go rescue Stu, since "that's what friends do for friends." JC was just upset that E. Honda wasn't a good replacement for Stu. Y'all see now why my mom thought I was on the spectrum until I was 12 or so?

Scarlett, Sonya, Chun Li, Flint, and Cover Girl went on a rescue mission to get Stu. My 12 year old, "Married with Children" addled brain thought it would be hilarious if a rescue squad of strong confident women needed a man to drive them in the Battle Bunker so they didn't get lost/have a wreck. They get to Stu and Stu decided to stay because as evil as the Cobra/Axis of Menace coalition is, they're still nicer to him than Johnny. I forgot what happened after that but I do remember Stu and Johnny having a showdown at some point. I was kind of an asshole when I was a kid (hard to imagine, I know), so Johnny won and took Stu's head off with a sword (I needed the body for a custom I was making and thought it would be fun to have a decapitation). I spent a LOT of time on Saturday afternoons during that part of my life in the basement with my stuff. My folks had meant well when they moved us out to a country house far away from civilization, but I think they saw the error of their ways after my mom started teaching again and she saw how much I was missing out on socially. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I too used GI Joes as wrestlers, along with a few of the Toy Biz X-Men and Spider-Man figures because every fed needs some giants. There was a Carnage figure in particular that had good articulation and a wide open hand that was great for choke slams. I used the Hasbro WWF ring for my matches.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Log said:

Hold up now, @just drew! How the hell are you going to come around here talking about Adam Cole and the Bucks not looking credible when you ran a whole fed where your top talent was 4 inches tall?!?!

Those figs didn't have stick arms. 😉

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Log said:

Hold up now, @just drew! How the hell are you going to come around here talking about Adam Cole and the Bucks not looking credible when you ran a whole fed where your top talent was 4 inches tall?!?!

To be fair even in my GiJoe Fed Interrogator always went over because he was the tallest at like 4.2 inches. He had Undertaker's moveset.

https://www.yojoe.com/images/resize/w/MAX/action/91/allgearedup/interrogator.jpg pic for the nostalgia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Log said:

Ok. That's fucking funny. I'm trying to hold it together in front of a classroom full of special needs kids...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I used GI Joes for my wrestling league prior to the release of the WWF LGN figures. Some of them got to keep their Joe gimmick like Steeler who came with the tank, he got the big babyface push since he was from Pittsburgh, Rock n Roll the machine gunner was Hogan, Gung Ho was Sgt. Slaughter, Snake Eyes went heel and was The Masked Superstar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I gotta say once 1997 rolled around, 99% of my figure shows ended with an RC monster truck 'destroying the set' because Austin and the NWO did so much of that kind of thing.

Vince Russo? Is that you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can anyone recommend me some good YouTube channels where they do deep dives into different wrestling promotions, wrestlers careers etc with clips etc. 

I have recently started watching  stuff from YouTube channel Kim Justice's Wrestling Road where he delves into the history of Japanese promotions like SWS, World Japan etc.

https://www.youtube.com/@thewrestlingroad

Just wondering if anyone else has any channels worth recommending for that type of stuff.

English speaking ones only please.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Log said:

Legit LOL, mate. Cheers.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's some compensation for Nick Khan

In addition, the SEC filing listed the estimated amount WWE executives would receive following the completion of the transaction. That includes:

Vince McMahon ($16,027,770),

Nick Khan ($72,023,451),

Paul Levesque ($25,625,995),

Chief Financial Officer Frank Riddick III ($20,117,225),

Kevin Dunn ($31,880,058),

and Chief Human Resources Officer Suzette Ramirez-Carr ($3,356,150).

11 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Tony Deppen finished his match with Zack Sabre Jr. last night for GCW with a BROKEN FRIGGIN ARM

On one hand, it's terrible Deppen's going to be out.

On the other hand, Tony Deppen with a steel plate will give honor to Iron Mike Sharpe as Deppen much like Iron Mike is an incredibly loud (see: yelling) wrestler.

Back to the first hand, awful he's going to be out.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

Vince Russo? Is that you? 

BRRROOOO! What tha fuck is Sailah Moon bro? Nobody's gonna want to watch her bro, she can't even speak american!

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Haha 5