DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXIII

HumanChessgame

12 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the CW, IC, and Raw tag titles are all pre-show.

I'd say IC has a better chance of making the main show than something like the SmackDown tag titles. At the very least, they should be able to find seven or so minutes for a guy at Ambrose's level. 

2 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

We know there will be a 2 hour pre show and if it's like last year the main show will run over 4 hours hopefully nowhere near as long as last year.

Blessedly, there's no way Goldberg vs Lesnar runs anywhere near as long as Hunter vs Roman. 

If I had to make a wild guess I'd say that some sort of multi-man cruiser tag, the Smackdown Tags, the Raw tags and Maybe the Andre Battle Royal will be pre-show. I'd almost want the Andre battle Royal on the pre-show maybe on the top of the 2nd hour so there's more people in the stands. But the best Andre Battle Royal was the one at 31 that was on the pre show and went almost 20 minutes. Put it on a half hour before the main show starts have it go 20 minutes and give us like a 5 minute Big Show- Braun mini match at the end there with Braun tossing Big Show out and I think it'd be a ton of fun. Shit if it was up to me I'd have Braun toss Balor out at like the 18 minute mark but Balor goes through the second rope. At the 20 minute mark it's just Big Show and Braun left they do their mini match. Big Show goes over Braun is leaning on the ropes taunting him, Balor runs back uin the ring and tosses Braun over winning. Give the Andre Battle Royal time an dlet guys like Joe, Balor, Zayn do some cool shit. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'd say IC has a better chance of making the main show than something like the SmackDown tag titles. At the very least, they should be able to find seven or so minutes for a guy at Ambrose's level.

If they do Usos/AA, then you're probably right. That would be a pre-show match in the youtube days. I think they can only put one SD match on the pre-show since the majority of the card is filled with Raw matches. The Andre Battle Royal has been on the main card 2 out of 3 years, and since it'll be both brands, I could see the SD announcers getting the call since the Raw announcers will need a break at some point.

My guesses for kickoff show matches are Random cruiserweight 10-man tag to open.  Then the SDL tag titles.  Then the RAW tag titles.  Then the Andre battle royal (unless Braun is involved). 

So then the question becomes who is the opening match.  I'm leaning towards the SDL women's championship multi-woman match opening the show. It's a match that will have a lot of action and maybe a surprise return or two.  It's also a match that does not have a lot of build so no real need for a huge video package. 

After the SDL women I'm thinking they go United States title with Jericho and Owens. Huge video package, give them lots of time.

This is where it gets tricky.  AJ/Shane, Undertaker/Reigns and Rollins/Triple H are all matches that would probably have the 30+ minute video/entrances/match deal but I don't see how that's possible unless they just trim the RAW women and Aries/Neville down to nothing which would suck because those could be the best two matches on the show.. 

We know Lensar/Goldberg isn't going more than 10.   We know Corbin/Ambrose is going between 7-10 minutes at most. 

Ambrose vs Corbin opening is what I have right now. Ambrose is a big enough name to carry that spot, but his match isn't a huge deal. Go with a crazy street fight. Let them have a wild, hurty sprint like JBL vs Finlay from the last Orlando Mania. 

And now for my new insane fantasy: If Ohno has nothing to do on the NXT show, have him win the Andre BR and then call him up to feud with Sheamus over custody of Cesaro. 

If were doing American Alpha v. Usos, can't we do American Alpha and Kurt Angle vs Usos and Rikishi instead? Angle taking s stink face for old times sake? Triple ankle lock finish? Usos and Rikishi dancing afterwards?

I can't believe this isn't already happening.

• Like 1

Just announced that Axxess will feature the usual NXT matches but will also include 205 Live, UK Championship, Progress and ICW

https://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33/article/wrestlemania-axxess-live-match-schedule

There is a full schedule of matches in the link

I am amused by the Vaudevillians and Ascension working Axxess

• Like 1

Just when I thought we couldn't get a 2016-level "Holy shit is this really happening?!" moment we get this.  I shouldn't be surprised given the working relationship they have, but them letting Progress and ICW represent on their turf is pretty mind-blowing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Just when I thought we couldn't get a 2016-level "Holy shit is this really happening?!" moment we get this.  I shouldn't be surprised given the working relationship they have, but them letting Progress and ICW represent on their turf is pretty mind-blowing.

Guarantees the announcement about the network deal is imminent. No way they do this unless the deal is signed.

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

Wow, a match at 8 am. Is that the earliest a show has ever gone on?

I would presume there have been 24 hour shows where matches start at all hours.

Or maybe those crazy AJW shows that went on forever? 

17 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

Guarantees the announcement about the network deal is imminent. No way they do this unless the deal is signed.

Yeah, that's what seems to be happening.  But whether it's them on the Network or at Axxess this is never not going to be weird and surreal.

19 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Here's some food for thought, will Mania ever morph into an all-day wrestling festival? Something akin to Coachella, Lollapalooza, Woodstock, etc?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I want Brock to win the title and then to have Kurt Angle interrupt his celebration so part-timer mania can be all year long. And you can't even lie to yourself...the stupid, stupid crowd would eat it up so much.

I like this. Real Wrestlemania isn't a single yearly show, it's the brittle middle aged millionaires you watch fake fight along the way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Here's some food for thought, will Mania ever morph into an all-day wrestling festival? Something akin to Coachella, Lollapalooza, Woodstock, etc?

Jimi Hendrix's set at Woodstock was at like 9 in the morning (Sha Na Na went on at 7:30). If the matches were good I'd be interested in watching an all day thing especially if they start doing more stuff like bringing in outside guys like this. I think Triple H really is going to turn the WWE into the NWA. At some point Wrestlemania will become Starrcade 83 and we'll have a match with top guys from every territory for the hell of it.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Kaiju Big Battel and Beyond Wrestling have shows starting just after midnight on Mania weekend. I think a couple promotions, possibly the ones I just named, also did that last year.

48 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Jimi Hendrix's set at Woodstock was at like 9 in the morning (Sha Na Na went on at 7:30).

Bring back Adam Jones to play the Star Spangled Banner again. 

Dunno why this wasn't on the WWE YouTube page. 

47 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Bring back Adam Jones to play the Star Spangled Banner again. 

Dunno why this wasn't on the WWE YouTube page. 

Adam Jones from Tool? How did I miss that? Maynard James Keenan singing the Star Spangled Banner would be interesting as hell.

I saw Tool in Trenton in 2001, but sadly don't remember much of it because I was baked out of my mind and most of my attention went to their video screen that started with a giant eye on it and morphed into other shapes. The opener was Mike Patton's Tomahawk.

Trying to figure out which match should close the show/which match is going to close. 

I really don't think you can close with Goldberg/Brock unless you have a hot angle/or those guys are saving the most savage fucking sprint in history. If they can get 5 minutes of these guys just laying in bombs at each other until one man is dead you probably get the crowd going nuts, but I dunno. Does a cold Brock closing 'Mania really give you the ending you want?

I think you can close with Bray and Randy. Randy and Bray are both more over than they've been in a while and you can trust them to have a quality main event match but Randy has also bombed in that main event spot after following hotter matches. 

The Big Dog vs Undertaker. This will have the most heat by far. UT may be shot, so quality is iffy. I think I'd end with this, though. Not sure anyone can follow, especially if Roman wins. 

If you throw a big enough stip/angle on AJ/Shane or Hunter/Seth you could probably do them. Hell, Cena proposing to Nikki is gonna be the most mainstream thing coming out of this, so that could honestly be a fine ending image.

I think it's gonna be Undertaker and Roman, though. If Roman is the guy, don't go half-measure. Have him win and then end with a hot angle to propel you into the next step.  

Just now, PetrolCB said:

Undertaker and Brock/Goldberg CANNOT end this show. 

A lot of danger, there. But does Bray and Orton get the crowd going 9 hours in? 

I mean, there's a reasonable chance they actually let AJ Styles and Shane McMahon close the show by falling off very high things, or we play the Game for 30 minutes because it's "unsanctioned."

It's actually a fascinating card. All these matches have been built up well, much better than past years, but they're combinations that people aren't really chomping at the bit to see and guys in key spots are either/or hobbled/old/McMahon.

You know, of all the years, if they had actually not played hot potato with the women's belt and built up Bayley or Sasha dethroning an undefeated Charlotte...