DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

RIPPA

Browsing this thread again, and there's some bad info out there: Bryan's last WWE match wasn't against Sheamus on Smackdown. It was a tag team match, with John Cena, against Tyson Kidd and Cesaro. And it's pretty fantastic.

Brie's still working and they both have Total Divas. He can still make good money for years off of appearances and merch. And I'm sorry but if WWE can't find a way to use the wrestling brain Bryan Danielson possesses, then they aren't trying. I don't see any reason to think they're going to have money troubles going forward.

He rejected the non-wrestling positions they offered him before. Hopefully the retirement changes his mind on other potential roles in the company.

Browsing this thread again, and there's some bad info out there: Bryan's last WWE match wasn't against Sheamus on Smackdown. It was a tag team match, with John Cena, against Tyson Kidd and Cesaro. And it's pretty fantastic.

I thought his last match was the house show match he got injured in against Sheamus.

Doesn't Bryan want to end up in one of those rad looking earthships?

earthships4.jpg

He might. Brie, it might take some convincing.

You know if they cover this on Total Divas with him going to the doctors and all that stuff, if done right this could finally get the WWE an honest to God Emmy nomination.

*raises hand*

I'd be glad to take six million and see how long I could live off of it.

Y'know. For an experiment.

At my current rate I will have made six million dollars in about 130 years.  If I'm getting by parsing it out like that, he can scrape by with his only online subscriptions being

1) WWE Network

2) Cider-Press.com Gold Premium

*raises hand*

At my current rate I will have made six million dollars in about 130 years. If I'm getting by parsing it out like that, he can scrape by with his only online subscriptions being

1) WWE Network

Brie still gets an employee discount on the Network at least. So there's that.

*raises hand*

At my current rate I will have made six million dollars in about 130 years. If I'm getting by parsing it out like that, he can scrape by with his only online subscriptions being

1) WWE Network

Don't employees get it for free? Bryan needs New Japan World and nwaclassics anyway.

After going to WM 30, I thought to myself "Even if Bryan retires tomorrow, I'll always have this." Unfortunately, he might as well have retired that very next night, but I still feel the same way. If there was one show I could re-live over and over, it will always be WM 30. Even though I will miss his matches and presence, I'm happy that he's getting out with his health after seeing so many other favorites suffer fates substantially worse. I am grateful that he was a part of my wrestling life for the last 15 years. He was one of my all-time favorites and I wish him nothing but the best going forward.

• Like 1

Between Bryan and Nigel's concussion issues, I think we're also learning just how stupid and reckless the 2000s indy style was. Sadly, it looks like the new generation of indy talent didn't learn from that 

Wasn't 2000's Indy basically an American tribute of sorts 1990's Japan with all the head dropping and stuff? Now you want to talk about concussions I hate to think what some of those guys who wrestled in say All Japan in some of those five star classics that people seem to love and what their brains what look like on one of these scans.

If anything I think this is proof that the WWE needs to rethink their entire structure. I mean do they really need to run 300 shows a year and run these guys into the ground? At these shows do they need to do the same exact match where they do the same exact moves? I mean that house show here in Brooklyn I went to I guess it was two years ago (Orton was still champion) and he was facing Bryan. Why was Bryan wrestling a PPV style match in a half full building?

Granted that's more on him than the WWE. But point is 300 shows a year doing the same stuff. Like look at Rollins doing a hardcore match with Kane. Why was he doing a Hardcore match Kane on a house show? If they wanted to cute down on injury and actually see ticket sales go up they should cut down on shows. It would never happen, but it's something that someone should consider.

*raises hand*

1) WWE Network

And thus the evil of them being Independent Contractors is truly known.

Truly horrifying ESPN interview there. Anyone still want him in G-1 next year?

On the Rollins thing, didn't he break his leg just leaping over Kane? Pretty fluke thing. Good point, however, on there not needing to be so many shows but that's just business. You can't realistically ask a company to set out to make less money. That's not a moral judgment, just being realistic.  Now, the mentality of working through injuries needs to change. Japan and Mexico are still awful with that and WWE is a little better but what you're having now is due to WWE's reticence towards injury prone-guys you're seeing a lot more paranoia in the company. 

I mean, fact is after the great neck-breaking German suplex era of the mid-2000s they did drastically start to minimize the wrestling style and re-train the audience about high spots. This is what lead us to Cena's fireman carry, Big Show's punch and a Mark Henry powerslam being devastating finishing moves (all I'm in favor of). 

Maybe you limit move sets again? But, oh the complaints that will flow then. 

Between Bryan and Nigel's concussion issues, I think we're also learning just how stupid and reckless the 2000s indy style was. Sadly, it looks like the new generation of indy talent didn't learn from that 

I guarantee you that only speaks to better diagnostics. The 80s and 90s don't have a stellar track record for wrestler health either.