DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

RIPPA

First time I ever saw him live was against Spanky (Kendrick) in APW's King of the Indies tournament. He'd only been wrestling about 3 years or so, and he had the two best matches of the tournament against Kendrick and Ki.

That's funny... first time we ever saw him was against Spanky at the ECWA Super 8 in 2001. He had 3 blowout matches in one night (Spanky, Reckless Youth and Ki) and we were hooked for life on him. Soooooo good even back then.

There's a story that while the original plan was for one of APW's guys to go over, (originally Mike Modest, then when he pulled out, Donovan Morgan,) after the first night of matches (which included the Spanky match,) Dick Beyer (one of a few old-timers Roland Alexander flew into the tourney along with Kinji Shibuya and Pepper Gomez) told Roland that he'd be crazy not to put Bryan over.

I wish I had a chance to see Daniel Bryan live before he came to the WWE, but after ROH got going, I heard all of this commotion about Bryan Danielson and like I just had to learn about Kawada, Misawa and Kobashi, I had to learn more about Danielson. I checked out his matches any way I could and I was convinced he was going to be a huge star someday. When it looked for a moment that Brock could have broken his neck at WM, I was convinced Danielson would get a call from WWE considering Angle and Brock could both be on the shelf.

Instead, Danielson kept killing it in the indies. I don't think there's a single thing he's done that I didn't like, with the strongman look and master of the small package stuff being the things I liked the most pre-WWE.

And years later he made it to WWE. When I think back over his career, everything really built up to WM 30, so much so that it felt like it was planned, but that's a silly notion. More than anything, I get filled with tears thinking of everything he accomplished and how everything did build to WM 30 and how he did become a huge star, one that would be so incredibly important.

Like Edge, I'm happy he's at least getting out before something worse could happen. Up until today, I think I just wanted to believe his concussion issues weren't as bad as they were made out to be because I was selfish and didn't want to see him go away. Now, it's impossible for me to not get teary eyed thinking back over his career and being happy he'll have his health.

His new look is a real good one too.

First time I ever saw him live was against Spanky (Kendrick) in APW's King of the Indies tournament. He'd only been wrestling about 3 years or so, and he had the two best matches of the tournament against Kendrick and Ki.

That's funny... first time we ever saw him was against Spanky at the ECWA Super 8 in 2001. He had 3 blowout matches in one night (Spanky, Reckless Youth and Ki) and we were hooked for life on him. Soooooo good even back then.

There's a story that while the original plan was for one of APW's guys to go over, (originally Mike Modest, then when he pulled out, Donovan Morgan,) after the first night of matches (which included the Spanky match,) Dick Beyer (one of a few old-timers Roland Alexander flew into the tourney along with Kinji Shibuya and Pepper Gomez) told Roland that he'd be crazy not to put Bryan over.

Think it was Bock, not Destroyer.

Deep down my biggest fear is that if he never works again (which is good to any sane person) he's going to turn into a wrestling Norma Desmond, and we're going to find some young indie guy floating in a pool in a few years while he screams "I'm ready Vince!  I'm READY FOR MY MAIN EVENT!!!!  I AM BIG...IT'S THE RING THAT GOT SMALL!!!!!"

OMG!!!!   Who plays Max??!! HHH??!!

If this is legit, and he's accepted he shouldn't wrestle, maybe he'll be more open to an on air role or training position. Would at least allow him to be with Brie more.

I get the feeling if Bryan can't wrestle, he'll probably disappear from anything wrestling-related all together for at least a few years.

The story is getting mainstream publicity,  ESPN is reporting it.  It was one of headlines on my Comcast home page. It's a headline on SI.  If it's a work of some sort and they turn cte into an angle in this climate... oh lord, they'll deserve every bit of lambasting they get,

They'd have to be stupid to get the mainstream attention, let DBry imply he's retiring due to concussions, then send Kevin Owens out to powerbomb him, right?

The story is getting mainstream publicity,  ESPN is reporting it.  It was one of headlines on my Comcast home page. It's a headline on SI.  If it's a work of some sort and they turn cte into an angle in this climate... oh lord, they'll deserve every bit of lambasting they get,

They'd have to be stupid to get the mainstream attention, let DBry imply he's retiring due to concussions, then send Kevin Owens out to powerbomb him, right?

Please. They'd use it to get Stephanie McMahon over. Which, BTW, if they do, will cut me off from WWE permanently. No network, nothing.

• Like 1

Please. They'd use it to get Stephanie McMahon over. Which, BTW, if they do, will cut me off from WWE permanently. No network, nothing.

I don't see Stephanie being strong enough to come out and power bomb Bryan, though...

• Like 1

ShinigamEVerified account

‏@WWEBigE

After each of the first 3 shows of my very first European tour, Bryan yelled at me for punching him in the nuts. #ThankYouDanielBryan

• Like 7

Going to sleep now cos ive to be up early for work and theres 3 different scenarios i could wake up to in morning;

1)It's a work and Bryan will be at WM which will begin a shitstorm

2)It's legit but Authority uses it to put themselves over

3)It's legit and Dragon gets a great send off.

Im hoping for option 3. Please WWE,dont fuck this up.