DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

RIPPA

New Nexus, again.

DB comes out, talks about whatever, some face comes out, congratulating or whatever...

Out of nowhere, Baron Corbin, Samoa Joe and Blake and Murphy come out and attack the face. It looks at first as though DB is gonna save the face... And then he kicks them in the face.

Boom.

• Like 1

New Nexus, again.

DB comes out, talks about whatever, some face comes out, congratulating or whatever...

Out of nowhere, Baron Corbin, Samoa Joe and Blake and Murphy come out and attack the face. It looks at first as though DB is gonna save the face... And then he kicks them in the face.

Boom.

And the crowd babyfaces all of them.

New Nexus, again.

Boom.

Speaking of the Nexus, if DB wants out of his contract, just choke out Michael Cole by his tie.

• Like 6

New Nexus, again.

Boom.

The incorrect response is still better than apathy.

New Nexus, again.

Boom.

We're talkingabout Bryan, not Cam's press conference.

New Nexus, again.

Boom.

We're talkingabout Bryan, not Cam's press conference.

Buh-zing.

Any chance that this is an angle to set up AJ vs. Bryan at Mania? "One more match", and all that....

If anyone would get that rub it would be Owens or Sami.

I think this is legit- I can't see in this political climate running this sort of thing as an angle period.

I friggin' love it when we have to guess "work or shoot" in wrestling. It's the new kayfabe. Daniel Bryan has been the ultimate case of this since his debut/firing. It's great and I'm really excited to watch Raw tonight.

Case for a shoot: Obviously hurt by injuries over the years.
Case for a work: Sweeps week at an arena in his hometown a few weeks away from WrestleMania.

Case for we have no idea: The various reports from various doctors.

• Like 3

Couple of different angle directions.

Miz has been name-dropping Bryan recently; probably not an accident as they went out of their way to not bring him up on television until recently.  Miz interrupts him, enter AJ, maybe enter Jericho to set up whatever's next for AJ.

A few people brought up the Owens possibility, though he's already got issues with Ziggler.  Maybe Zayn returns for the save to set that up.

Since this is clearly not going away not matter what he says tonight AND to keep it from spreading to multiple threads.

For those that haven't seen

12647506_1134387436572308_41410249707789

If legit as it feels, wow. As you know, I'm a big Daniel Bryan fan since 2005. One of my five favourite wrestlers ever. One of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Fucking fortunate I got to see Daniel Bryan wrestle at my first ever wrestling show in April 2015, two days later he had to leave the tour due to injury.

I feel like this is a work. I can't deny wishful thinking may be pushing me there, but one of the following things has to be happening, here.

1) Daniel Bryan has finally been convinced that he should no longer wrestle again.

2) Daniel Bryan is "retiring" so he can get out of his WWE contract and go wrestle somewhere else.

3) It's a work.

#1 seems pretty much in direct contrast with everything he's been saying for months. #2 is I suppose a possibility, but it doesn't explain why they'd be giving him a grand farewell on Raw just so he can show up in NJPW a few months down the road.

• Like 2

One of these days there's going to be a thread called "Dean Ambrose Dumpster Fire Thread" and it's going to actually be about someone starting a fire in a dumpster.

Or just about his ring work.

• Like 6

It could be legit, if its either 1) Brie finally got him to come to his senses that it's over and she doesn't want to see him spending his golden years in a wheelchair watching Seasme Street reruns on HBOGo, or 2) Brie's pregnant and that snapped him into reality that he's getting off easy in the big picture.