DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

I dont see why his weight is an issue because he can work at 25 minute match in his sleep and Flop like RVD. Its not like he is getting blown up to where it effects his work or he is lazy, He is the only one with that look so why is it an issue. He is still in a pretty big spot in the card so he isnt being buried yet. Maybe after SS is when you need to worry,

Isn't this similar to what Cornette complained about (and then got ripped apart for)? Owens was told to lose weight when ROH made the jump to Sinclair, he lost a little bit and then proceeded to get back up to a level higher than he was to begin with.

• Like 1

I know a dude who, upon seeing Kevin Owens for the first time at Elimination Chamber, said it was cool to see someone "who looked like him" making it in WWE. He immediately bought an Owens shirt and later made a pic of KO's tron his facebook banner pic.

I'd like to point out that the story of Kevin Dunn telling Orton to say that was attributed to Dave Meltzer who tweeted that he NEVER reported that. So pretty much it was just some shitty newz site making up their own story because "hey it sounds plausible enough and obviously it'll get clicks" and then other shitty newz sites copying and pasting it.

But the amount of butthurt over Randy Orton's comment is hilarious. There is a 20 page thread on wrestlingforum of people crying about it. I think people should be more upset about Kevin Owens being a liar. He obviously HAS gained weight recently.

I'd also like to point out that I can not remember one single promo that someone cut on Jerry Blackwell where his opponent DIDN'T call him fat. And that if this was the Attitude Era the very first thing The Rock would do when cutting a promo on Owens is make fat jokes. Some people just seem way too sensitive to watch wrestling.

• Like 1

I didn't think Owens looked out of place with Cesaro and Orton.  Muscles don't make someone the better fighter.  Owens still looks like a guy who can fuck somebody up.

The only problem with his look is the horrible bull tattoo. Just looks like a cow and makes him look fat proud. Maybe that is his fault there are some people that can get away with a tattoo, barely, that others can't.

30ikt52.jpg

• Like 1

I'd also like to point out that I can not remember one single promo that someone cut on Jerry Blackwell where his opponent DIDN'T call him fat. And that if this was the Attitude Era the very first thing The Rock would do when cutting a promo on Owens is make fat jokes. Some people just seem way too sensitive to watch wrestling.

Why does wrestlers taking lazy potshots instead of actually saying something compelling in the past excuse wrestlers still doing that in the present? Doesn't this company have writers? They can do better than lame fat jokes, right? Maybe at least some decent fat jokes to start. 

• Like 1

Why does wrestlers taking lazy potshots instead of actually saying something compelling in the past excuse wrestlers still doing that in the present? Doesn't this company have writers? They can do better than lame fat jokes, right? Maybe at least some decent fat jokes to start. 

If people want to watch something where the vast majority of promos are bland "I respect my opponent" bullshit, go watch MMA. Wrestling promos have always, will always and SHOULD always include talking trash about your opponent.

"Have you gained weight recently?" isn't the best fat joke I ever heard but you'd think Kevin Owens could muster up something better than "no" if he really had an issue with it.

• Like 1

I also found it kind of funny that Owens got taken down a notch after he ripped on Itami's English and destroyed Solomon Crowe's shitty promo voice. That was a "welcome to the big leagues" type of moment.

If people want to watch something where the vast majority of promos are bland "I respect my opponent" bullshit, go watch MMA. Wrestling promos have always, will always and SHOULD always include talking trash about your opponent.

"Have you gained weight recently?" isn't the best fat joke I ever heard but you'd think Kevin Owens could muster up something better than "no" if he really had an issue with it.

I mean, 1) I really don't give that much of a shit, but 2) your assertion that "oh, it's tradition" doesn't mean that fans are particularly going to take to it now or that it's any good just because it's some shit people did in the past. 

Also, I never even insinuated a "no trash talking" preference. But elevate your trash talk, fuck guys. I love The Rock, but he also made fun of people for being hermies, and it was unfunny then and would be unfunny now no matter how much people in the past talked shit about someone's sex organs or sexuality. If you're going such a lazy route, better elevate that shit like Dr. D yelling I WANTED AH WOH-MANNNN! 

Actually, the Rock got away with a lot of shit (popcorn fart, strudel, etc.) face turn on because he's so magnetic as a personality, though that's another story. 

Sure, but neither do Ambrose, Harper, Wyatt, Reigns, ad nauseum.

Reigns wears a flap jacket with his detailed logo.

Would that pair well with a bob wire tattoo?

How would I know?

It's flak jacket.

Hence Cris snark

People need to realize that it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to maintain a certain body weight like Kevin Owens. Staying in that magic fat guy zone doesn't happen just cause you eat an extra meatball sub that week. Seriously though, Owens has great cardio and stamina. Rusev is a guy who is clearly better physical shape, but as we saw with the Triple threat last month he doesn't have nearly the cardio and stamina of Owens.

Unless that was a sell job in which case they need to put him in a movie cause that was masterful acting.

• Like 1

Sure, but neither do Ambrose, Harper, Wyatt, Reigns, ad nauseum.

Reigns wears a flap jacket with his detailed logo. That's not something the average person wears in everyday life. Likewise Wyatt's Texas Chainsaw apron when he has it on.

So you guys don't also wear a bloody butcher's apron? Maybe that's why I get those weird looks.

• Like 1

See, I think calling Owens fat is a giant load of bullshit considering WWE's anti-bullying campaign. I guess it's only ok to shame someone on their body weight when the person on the receiving end is the bad guy. Good message there, WWE.

BE A STAR

• Like 1

Also, if it seemed like I was trying to fat shame or be a dick last night, I apologize.

Truth is, I have cerebral palsy. So, I had an easy excuse to get fat, and stay that way. But, that's all it was, an excuse. Being blunt and truthful with myself was how I made a personal change, and so, I tend to balk pretty hard when I perceive people making excuses.

That being said, I have no problem with the guy actually being fat.

• Like 1

Some people just seem way too sensitive

Says the guy who cried when I criticised Raw.

I am not sure how many times I have to repeat this, since I was very clear about it in the thread. I didn't give a shit about you criticizing Raw. It was your stupid "We need to have higher standards, guys." line that made you seem like a giant douchebag.