DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION!

DEAN

While I'm not a fan of what is usually attributed to Kevin Dunn, the un-wrestling of wrestling, I find that the BLAME KEVIN DUNN thing has almost become meme worthy. With that, let's blame stuff on Kevin Dunn all day today. Anything bad you can think of or anything that happens to you, blame Kevin Dunn. I'll begin.

I hear Kevin Dunn invented syphilis.

Yeah, I'll be tweeting this too. #blamekevindunn

I think it works better in a "Thanks Obama!" type of way.

"Gee, Randy Orton made fun of Kevin Owens for being fat.  #ThanksKevinDunn"

Tomato/tomato (that doesn't work in print.)

Now my hash tag and meme have become confusing due to two different possible wordings. It's Kevin Dunn's fault. #blamekevindunn

Did the Hogan Scandal ruin ESPN doing the bit of SummerSlam coverage that was assumed to happen ?

Nah, Beadle getting all pissy about Triple H supporting Floyd Mayweather killed that.

Yeah man fuck her for calling out HHH  for supporting a woman beater.  Broads, amirite?  Musta been on her period, eh?

Beadle's favorite wrestler is Steve Austin hence why people were calling her out on being upset over HHH supporting a woman beater.

• Like 1

Who is the Beadle person, and why do they have so much clout at ESPN?  I thought ESPN was really struggling, and that they were looking for any way to get more viewers/money.  So this person is upset that HHH supported Floyd Mayweather, but is okay with the network covering all of his fights etc?  Don't they know HHH saved wrestling by creating the Performance Center and NXT?  Asshole.   

Who is the Beadle person, and why do they have so much clout at ESPN?  I thought ESPN was really struggling, and that they were looking for any way to get more viewers/money.  So this person is upset that HHH supported Floyd Mayweather, but is okay with the network covering all of his fights etc?  Don't they know HHH saved wrestling by creating the Performance Center and NXT?  Asshole.   

#blamekevindunn

See? It works everywhere.

• Like 1

WARNING: The following will contain the same sort of crap that people bring up about judging Dunn without knowing Dunn, just maybe less so. Please note that I am talking more about the perception of a person that I get from combining various sources and cross-referencing with my life experience and everything I know about wrestling and people in general. You have better things to do than be pedantic about this one. I am admitting bias from the get go:

--------

I kind of find middle-aged HHH endearing in some ways. I think the same self-consciousness that's always plagued him is still there. Hanging out with Mayweather is a big thing for him in the same way any top wrestler would attach himself to a more mainstream celebrity over the years. Rollins is pretty obviously a way for him to vicariously be the champion. And the Sting match, holy crap.

But at the same time, he's a parent, and he's doing make-a-wish things with kids in the ring and consoling other upset kids and getting thank you cake from NXT internet smark fans that loathed him for years, and tweeting ridiculous things with ridiculous hashtags trying to seem hip. He'll go on about how great Buddy Rodgers was and he's bringing all these old tossed away heroes back into the WWE fold for the HOF and wholly admit that he could never take the shoulder into the corner bump and tried to get guys not to do it to him and wax poetic about his hilarious fake french accent in WCW. Then there's the pride he shows for the NXT kids. And how he and Steph said they really enjoyed the Max Landis video! I mean, come on. At the same time, if it wasn't a hollywood director that did it... would he have? Who knows.

I don't know. He's a jerk, but he's sort of our jerk by now. 

• Like 7

Did the Hogan Scandal ruin ESPN doing the bit of SummerSlam coverage that was assumed to happen ?

Nah, Beadle getting all pissy about Triple H supporting Floyd Mayweather killed that.

Yeah man fuck her for calling out HHH for supporting a woman beater. Broads, amirite? Musta been on her period, eh?

Well, yeah.

She's co-hosting the Cowherd slot on radio as a fill-in talking about being in a fantasy league with Miz and the Bellas, so her scorched Earth stance on WWE must have softened at least somewhat.

I know it's the internet so someone obviously has to put on their white knight armor and ride to the rescue when any woman's integrity is called into question but Beadle's stance was incredibly hypocritical. She went off about HHH tweeting support of Mayweather but said not one word about her employer spending weeks hyping up the Mayweather fight and treating him like the greatest boxer ever.

• Like 3

WARNING: The following will contain the same sort of crap that people bring up about judging Dunn without knowing Dunn, just maybe less so. Please note that I am talking more about the perception of a person that I get from combining various sources and cross-referencing with my life experience and everything I know about wrestling and people in general. You have better things to do than be pedantic about this one. I am admitting bias from the get go:

--------

I kind of find middle-aged HHH endearing in some ways. I think the same self-consciousness that's always plagued him is still there. Hanging out with Mayweather is a big thing for him in the same way any top wrestler would attach himself to a more mainstream celebrity over the years. Rollins is pretty obviously a way for him to vicariously be the champion. And the Sting match, holy crap.

But at the same time, he's a parent, and he's doing make-a-wish things with kids in the ring and consoling other upset kids and getting thank you cake from NXT internet smark fans that loathed him for years, and tweeting ridiculous things with ridiculous hashtags trying to seem hip. He'll go on about how great Buddy Rodgers was and he's bringing all these old tossed away heroes back into the WWE fold for the HOF and wholly admit that he could never take the shoulder into the corner bump and tried to get guys not to do it to him and wax poetic about his hilarious fake french accent in WCW. Then there's the pride he shows for the NXT kids. And how he and Steph said they really enjoyed the Max Landis video! I mean, come on. At the same time, if it wasn't a hollywood director that did it... would he have? Who knows.

I agree with a lot of this.  HHH was, iirc, a fan of wrestling before becoming a wrestler, so now that he is largely retired and presumed to be primed to take over, that fandom can come out a little more and the business side/protect my spot thing can largely (but as Matt pointed out, not entirely) fade away.  At the same time, let's not forget that most of the recent Dunn stories involve fighting with HHH.  I think it would be dumb to assume that HHH isn't doing the sort of subtle, undermining things that Dunn is, he's just currently employing them in favor of people we like.

--------

I agree with a lot of this.  HHH was, iirc, a fan of wrestling before becoming a wrestler, so now that he is largely retired and presumed to be primed to take over, that fandom can come out a little more and the business side/protect my spot thing can largely (but as Matt pointed out, not entirely) fade away.  At the same time, let's not forget that most of the recent Dunn stories involve fighting with HHH.  I think it would be dumb to assume that HHH isn't doing the sort of subtle, undermining things that Dunn is, he's just currently employing them in favor of people we like.

Or so he wants us to believe. He's the same guy who wasn't in on Punk or Bryan. There's definitely a game being played here and judging from all the Vince stories, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pitting people against each other just to see how HHH deals with it.

The most amazing bit of knowledge about 2014-2015 wrestling that I think i've heard is the fact that Daniel Bryan, after winning at Wrestlemania, still did not have Vince McMahon's phone number.

There's just so much in that fact to unpack.

I know everyone is saying the EPA is responsible for polluting that river in Colorado and turning it yellow but I still haven't seen anyone say where WWE's Executive VP of Television Production was that day. #blameKevinDunn

• Like 1

I heard that Kevin Dunn is behind the slow moving lines at the DMV. And not the guy from the WWE but the guy from Veep.

Dunn told me that was Kevin Owens' fault.  He gets in the front of the line then moves really slowly.... y'know, cause he's fat

• Like 3

Yeah man fuck her for calling out HHH  for supporting a woman beater.  Broads, amirite?  Musta been on her period, eh?

I see what you're saying but she loves Steve Austin and talks regularly with Jim Lampley. 

I heard that Kevin Dunn is behind the slow moving lines at the DMV. And not the guy from the WWE but the guy from Veep.

Dunn told me that was Kevin Owens' fault.  He gets in the front of the line then moves really slowly.... y'know, cause he's fat

That's only because Vickie Guerrero and Mickie James are holding up the lines at the bank.

--------

mqdefault.jpg

That's beautiful man. 

--------

Or so he wants us to believe. He's the same guy who wasn't in on Punk or Bryan. There's definitely a game being played here and judging from all the Vince stories, I wouldn't be surprised if he's pitting people against each other just to see how HHH deals with it.

In hindsight, was he wrong about Punk or Bryan?  *ducks*

While I'm not a fan of what is usually attributed to Kevin Dunn, the un-wrestling of wrestling, I find that the BLAME KEVIN DUNN thing has almost become meme worthy. With that, let's blame stuff on Kevin Dunn all day today. Anything bad you can think of or anything that happens to you, blame Kevin Dunn. I'll begin.

I feel like we all learned something personal about Ramsey today.

• Like 5

I feel like we all learned something personal about Ramsey today.

Dammit...

I also blame THAT on Kevin Dunn.....the finding stuff out....not me having syphilis.....which I don't even have....shit... #blamekevindunn

• Like 1