DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

GODDAMMIT.

Chapman Asst. Basketball Coach, SoCal promoter and former PWG/UPW/Anyplace else that wasn't me in the early '00s  ring announcer Jon Ian is in a coma. I worked with Jon a fair bit when I was in the bidness down here, and he's always been an excellent dude. We've already lost Cincinatti Red, Joe "Schmo" Franciosi, and Eric Caiden this year. I don't wanna lose anymore.

Dave Meltzer @davemeltzerWON 5m5 minutes ago

@RealKevinNash Still stuck in 1992? Too bad, real world in 2015 more open minded about how they'll spend $ to see.

Twitter grammar best read in Bizarro  Solomon Grundy voice

FTFY ... only because I've been running around all weekend saying "Solomon Grundy want pants!" to my 7yo daughter's heart's content.

In case you care.  From Smash Wrestling:

As a follow-up to his appearances on Wrestling Observer Radio (here and here) last week, we are happy to report that Chris Hero indeed survived a three-hour+ gauntlet Sunday in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, for Smash Wrestling. He ran the gauntlet in order to raise money for ALS, successfully raising $3440 which exceeded their goal.

#01- Chris Hero d. Rip Impact
#02 - Rich Swann d. Chris Her
#03 - Jason Kincaid d. Chris Hero 
#04- Chris Hero d. Tarik
#05- Chris Hero d. Tyler Thomas
#06 - Chris Hero d. Brent Banks
#07 - Facade d. Chris Hero
#08 - Sebastian Suave d. Chris Hero
#09 - Chris Hero d. Tarik
#10 - Chris Hero d. Ben Ortmanns
#11 - Chris Hero d. Rip Impact
#12 - Jason Kincaid d. Chris Hero
#13 - Chris Hero d. Tyler Thomas
#14 - Chris Hero d. Brent Banks
#15 - Chris Hero d. Tarik
#16 - Chris Hero d. Facade
#17 - Chris Hero & Rich Swann go to a draw as time expires

ONE LAST OPPONENT: Tarik was previously eliminated 3x by Hero and donated $180 for 10 more minutes. Tarik used the Smash Wrestling Championship to knock out Hero multiple times all leading to DQ wins for Hero. An unconscious Hero was then pinned numerous times by Tarik who left the ring laughing to end of the Infinity Gauntlet.

I also heard the Hero vs Samoa Joe match the previous night is one to go out of your way to see as well.

I find it hard to believe that a Bischoff-owned WCW would've lasted longer than two years.  Maybe three if they can take advantage of a burgeoning DVD market but those profile-type Bischoff/Hervey produced VHS tapes that got released at the end of WCW were pretty lousy.

Bischoff was just always so narrow-focused on beating Raw to the detriment of key revenue streams i.e. live events and PPVs.  He clearly hadn't learned anything when he joined TNA because he executed the same damning strategy there.  I just can't envision a future where a Bischoff-run WCW survives without a Ted Turner that's happy to lose money just so he can have a wrasslin' show on his TV.

He didn't take a shot at Hogan over hockey, he took a shot at Hogan for taking a completely unprovoked shot at him. Hogan's no better than the other Twitter kids who talk shit at him about "quitting". If some random guy I barely know insults me, I'm gonna be pissed too.

• Like 1

So what if Hogan doesn't know the names of the players and the coaches? He's in his 60's. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his car keys every other day.

Also, Hogan didn't call out Punk. I watched the pre-game show where this all started. The studio guys asked Hulk if he knew that Punk was a Blackhawks fan and Hogan cut a wrestling promo on how the Blackhawks were gonna lose.

For a guy who spent most of his life as a pro wrestler Punk has no idea how to keep from getting worked into a shoot.

So what if Hogan doesn't know the names of the players and the coaches? He's in his 60's. I wouldn't be surprised if he loses his car keys every other day.

Also, Hogan didn't call out Punk. I watched the pre-game show where this all started. The studio guys asked Hulk if he knew that Punk was a Blackhawks fan and Hogan cut a wrestling promo on how the Blackhawks were gonna lose.

Punk was reacting to a tweet where Hogan fired a shot at Punk for quitting, not a televised promo on the Blackhawks.

I follow Punk on twitter; he's very easy going about hockey.

• Like 1