DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The final Nitro was on my birthday so obviously it was my fault.

Just the final Nitro, not the death of WCW.

Just *had* to be born, huh? Selfish ass ...

I remember liking that short post-Nash pre-Russo period just because it seemed like they were finally doing something original by turning Sting where he cheated to beat Hogan for the title and then hooked up with his ne'er do well buddy Luger and they beat Hogan and Flair with baseball bats.  Righteous villainy from Sting's point of view cause guys like Hogan and Flair turned their backs on him and the fans easily forgave them while he stayed true the whole time and was getting booed for finally dishing out some of what he had been getting served.

Then the writers from the WWF showed up and shitcanned the whole thing.

*Stands up*

I killed WCW.

Jamie Kellner you dipshit.  There's so many cartoons because it's Cartoon Network.  Cartoons is the whole point of the network not live-action programming.

• Like 2

WCW had AJ Styles too at the very end. AJ Styles, WCW Champ in 2005 would have been alright.

If you think about it, WCW had Rey, Scott Steiner, Booker T, and Goldberg at the time that they died. If you can't carry a main event scene with those guys, you should be out of business. Post-Russo the first time around, they could have righted the ship by putting the gold on Steiner, having him kill Nash, Sid, DDP, etc. then, and then having Goldberg end him at Starrcade. Instead, they panicked and brought back Bischoff and Russo to kill Goldberg off altogether and run with Jeff Jarrett on top, which, you know, ugh. 

They also should have avoided putting Sullivan in charge if it would have kept Benoit and Eddie around. Man, screw this, I wish they would have given me the book. I could have booked a good show with the only downside being that Dick Slater and Mike Enos would have been tag champs for like a year straight.

• Like 1

I dunno who works as Doink on the indies since Matt Borne passed (probably Tom Brandi cause, fuck it ,why not) but i'd be way pissed off

At least as of 3 years ago in the deep south Dusty Wolfe was working as Doink and Mr Wrestling. Sometimes doing both and then coming out as Dusty on the same show.

I dunno who works as Doink on the indies since Matt Borne passed (probably Tom Brandi cause, fuck it ,why not) but i'd be way pissed off

At least as of 3 years ago in the deep south Dusty Wolfe was working as Doink and Mr Wrestling. Sometimes doing both and then coming out as Dusty on the same show.

I was just reading about him the other night:

E.T. then interviewed Dusty Wolfe, who said he heard about testing, but that he himself didn't take a test. This made McMahon appear to be a liar. McMahon was furious, saying that he told E.T. that "extras," a category Wolfe fell into, weren't being tested. E.T. officials at the time claimed they were never told that every wrestler meant only contracted performers, and were never told extras didn't count. McMahon himself called up E.T. after the piece, furious he'd been made to look bad by Wolfe's comments.

Kevin Nash @RealKevinNash 21m21 minutes ago

Kevin Owens. Two questions guys want to be him? Ladies want to be with him? Twitter world vote

12:20 AM - 9 Jun 2015 ·

Dave Meltzer @davemeltzerWON 5m5 minutes ago

@RealKevinNash Still stuck in 1992? Too bad, real world in 2015 more open minded about how they'll spend $ to see.

Hjdhgkldhgkhlkdgkdfhgkdhgkl

• Like 2

TNA turned from low grade WCW to low grade WWE ECW on TNN.

If WCW had found a TV station, I'm sure they could have given us a few decent years of TV. The roster was really depleted towards the end, but there were tools for rebuilding.

FTFY

If it were 1992, wrestling would be way better. 

92 WCW NJPW is the best wrestling ever. Man they had their shit together.

FTFY!

Friends, let's not quarrel. 1992 is just the best year of wrestling end of

• Like 1

If it were 1992, wrestling would be way better. 

92 WCW NJPW is the best wrestling ever. Man they had their shit together.

FTFY!

Friends, let's not quarrel. 1992 is just the best year of wrestling end of

WCW, WWF, NJPW and AJPW all had amazing talents back then.

Kevin Nash ‏@RealKevinNash 21m21 minutes ago

Kevin Owens. Two questions guys want to be him? Ladies want to be with him? Twitter world vote

12:20 AM - 9 Jun 2015 ·

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 5m5 minutes ago

@RealKevinNash Still stuck in 1992? Too bad, real world in 2015 more open minded about how they'll spend $ to see.

Hjdhgkldhgkhlkdgkdfhgkdhgkl

Kevin Owens has a hot wife so the answer to both questions is yes.

• Like 1