DVDVR Message Board

Global Force Wrestling Debut!

As much fun as it was to joke and bag on this, Im genuinely excited for it now. The roster so far is promising, hopefully they aquire some under the radar indy guys to fill up the undercard. Has anything come up about a TV deal yet?

I wonder if Goldberg would consider doing the match he always talks about here?  Maybe if JJ pulled up to his house with a dump truck full of money?

They also have some major gaps in the roster.  Some roles that need to be played for an promotion to exist.  I mean, who is going to be their surly veteran who refuses to job, cuts insane promos, and comes down to the ring with a tiger?  Come on JJ, pick up the phone and call Scotty Steiner.  

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does Sonnen look a hell of alot like Eric Roberts in that pic?

For a second there I thought they'd signed Bruce Tharpe.

I can only dream of what could be if they signed Tharpe.

They also have some major gaps in the roster.  Some roles that need to be played for an promotion to exist.  I mean, who is going to be their surly veteran who refuses to job, cuts insane promos, and comes down to the ring with a tiger?  Come on JJ, pick up the phone and call Scotty Steiner.  

I'm kinda amused by how many ex-TNA guys fit the first two parts of your criteria.  Man, TNA has hired a lot of guys who cut rambling promos and refused to job.  Has DDP Yoga got Scott Hall back in ring shape?

The tiger thing is a little trickier.  Maybe Hogan could borrow Nattie's cat and claim that it was a tiger ten years from now.

The roster looks promising (I was hoping GFW would stay away from a woman's division), but the promotion might as well fold is Scott Steiner isn't involved somehow. He doesn't need to wrestle. Just have him be someone's manager and give him 10 minutes and an open mic every show and watch the money poor in.

They need to work on their photos.  The promo pics on twitter for guys they signed are horrible.  Lance Hoyt looks like a villain from Swamp thing and Masters looks like the mandatory clementine in the crate that's always moldy.

So, according to Jim Ross in a new interview, the plan for the three GFW TV tapings is to film twelve 1-hour episodes and a 2-hour finale.

Jim Ross: "If the Global Force thing is there, I enjoyed working with Jeff Jarrett for the New Japan thing in January. I hope that they do great. I think that they can do a real good TV show with the roster they're putting together. He still has to find a network to air his shows on. I would be very interested in working with Global Force, it's just a matter of time obligations and budgets and everything. Everything has to fit schedule-wise. Adding 13 weeks of TV tapings, then going to Nashville and doing voice-overs, all of a sudden it becomes a pretty big project. And I have so many projects already in the pipeline. I just don't know if we're going to be able to balance everything to make that happen. I'm not against it, Jeff and I have talked about it. I just don't know that I can do it because of the time obligations. I'm a big fan of what they're doing there. As I understand it, it's going to be 12 one-hour shows, and then a 13th final episode. I'm a big fan of the one-hour shows. The finale will be a two-hour special. I think that's a good concept. There's some real good wrestlers coming in as well. They'd be fun to call."

Oh please. What is JR doing that he can't make time for GFW? I'm expecting the answers to be 1.killing puppies, 2.telling guys to work on their upper bodies, 3.complaining about referees. If JR called JJ's product his head would explode.

You left out barbecue sauce and getting ready for next year's OU football season.

Do you think JR sings Primus "Too Many Puppies" to himself when he's killing them?

I wonder if Goldberg would consider doing the match he always talks about here?  Maybe if JJ pulled up to his house with a dump truck full of money?

Goldberg vs. AJ Styles at Coolray Field (Gwinnett Braves home stadium) would work pretty well for a Goldberg retirement match.  Styles could fly around for him, they could work in some faux jits, have some Bullet Club guys run-in for Goldberg to mow over and they can even give someone like Moose a little rub for running out to help Goldberg.  Plus, Tony Schiavone's the voice of the Gwinnett Braves.

Wrestling in baseball stadiums only works if the babyfaces and heels sit in opposing dugouts during the matches though.

Oh please. What is JR doing that he can't make time for GFW? I'm expecting the answers to be 1.killing puppies, 2.telling guys to work on their upper bodies, 3.complaining about referees. If JR called JJ's product his head would explode.

4.  He hasn't been any good at play-by-play for like a decade.

Maybe get him to sit in for a match or two at one of the tapings so Jarrett can show it to TV execs that might remember the yelling cowboy from WWE but they've already got one gimmick in the booth with Sonnen.  Should just get Todd Keneley to handle the straight PxP.

Some GFW NEWZ

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-gfw-news-tna-banning-their-talent-from-the-promotion-stadium-shows-more

Partial Source: Pwinsider.com

-- There was word going around at last night’s TV tapings for iMPACT! Wrestling that Dixie Carter did not want wrestlers under contract with the promotion working for Jeff Jarrett’s GFW on their off-dates.

-- Local CBS, FOX, and ABC affiliates were said to be on hand for the talent roster reveal for GFW earlier this week. The Orleans put the press conference together in order to hype the promotion’s upcoming tapings at the venue. GFW is set to debut at the Orleans Arena on July 24 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

-- The wrestlers that are booked for GFW’s upcoming stadium show dates reportedly might not be the same as the talent booked for the upcoming TV tapings in Las Vegas.

Wrestling in baseball stadiums only works if the babyfaces and heels sit in opposing dugouts during the matches though.

I announced a show for Steel City Wrestling at the Erie SeaWolves stadium, and the wrestlers came to the ring on the bullpen cart. It was mini-WrestleMania 3 !

More additions to the roster:

The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
Chuck Taylor
Jigsaw
Brodus Clay
Cliff Compton
Sonjay Dutt
Luke Hawx
Jimmy Rave
Jamin Olivencia

The Hotshots (Chase Stevens & Cassidy Riley)
The New Heavenly Bodies (Desirable Dustin & Gigolo Justin)

EC3 is going to be in trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble trouble....

Desirable Dustin is the lamest Heavenly Body name yet. Who's next, Friendly Frederick?