DVDVR Message Board

Global Force Wrestling Debut!

I looked up The Orleans Arena. It's a 9,500 seat arena (boxing seating set up) in Paradise, Nevada. So I guess its like going to Nassau here in New York. I think they might be making a mistake here going with a big building. Should have booked a smaller theater (plenty in Vegas it self). Personally I hope they go for a more old school production look rather than blow money on some huge set.

For their sake I hope what ever's taped doesn't become Jarrett's XWF. I really hope he has some sort of television or distribution deal in place so these episodes don't sit in the can for months before being aired.

I'm really hoping The Database is the on camera authority figure. It just keeps setting itself to random each week and a random wrestler comes out to face the lead babyface for the main event.

Actually... that doesn't sound so bad now that I've read that over...

James

I looked up The Orleans Arena. It's a 9,500 seat arena (boxing seating set up) in Paradise, Nevada. So I guess its like going to Nassau here in New York. I think they might be making a mistake here going with a big building. Should have booked a smaller theater (plenty in Vegas it self). Personally I hope they go for a more old school production look rather than blow money on some huge set.

The Orleans is about a mile off the Strip. Not only is it not like going to Nassau from NYC, it's not even like going to Yankee Stadium or Citifield or Barclays.

• Like 1

So, realistically, what is this roster going to look like? I assume there will be some New Japan crossover (Bullet Club can certainly spare a member or eight) and a few ex-WWE/TNA guys, but there isn't that much on the indy market now that NXT is in full Gotta Sign 'Em All mode. Uhaa Nation, AR Fox, Ciampa maybe?

So, realistically, what is this roster going to look like? I assume there will be some New Japan crossover (Bullet Club can certainly spare a member or eight) and a few ex-WWE/TNA guys, but there isn't that much on the indy market now that NXT is in full Gotta Sign 'Em All mode. Uhaa Nation, AR Fox, Ciampa maybe?

I think there are probably less name wrestlers available at this moment since the late 90's. They have to compete with Lucha Underground, AAA, CMLL, NJPW, ROH, DGUSA/Evolve, NXT and I'm sure others.

I honestly don't know who is really left at this moment that they could afford to sign. RVD maybe, AJ?.

Well Meltzer just said that Jarrett would like to work with New Japan and AAA (obviously they are big issues with both)

Chris Masters, the Dudleys, Rhyno (depending of what sort of agreement he has with the WWE)

Well again - the pool there are drawing from is small and if they are trying to get a TV deal, you know Jarrett is going to have to present some names that a TV exec MIGHT have heard of

I wonder if he could get Rob Van Dam. His last WWE run wasn't that bad, compared to his TNA run, and he's really critical of WWE right now so I don't know if there's plans to return. TV executives would know who RVD is, at least out of the names you guys threw around :P