DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Kevin Nash is wrestling in Toronto (well, Mississauga) this Sunday for Destiny Wrestling at Don Kolov Arena (at Santino's Battlearts Gym) He teaming with Randy Reign (who just had an NXT tryout at the Arnold Classic show) against Cody Deaner & RJ City...should be fun, The whole show actually looks pretty great.

Man if there was ever a guy TNA dropped the ball with its Cody Deaner. I always thought he had huge potential with ODB. But for some reason despite how over ODB was they never wanted to do anything with her and he was starting to get over too. If Global Force ever happens, Jarrett should sign Deaner asap.

Heel Lawler was one of the great jobber-squashers, just because of how he'd talk on the mic while he did it.

The closest I've seen to that was the Rock doing a bit of it a couple of times, and the Smokin' Giant and Drinkin' Scott Hall gimmicks in WCW.

Black Snow(Booker T) is the best that ever did it.

Heel Lawler was one of the great jobber-squashers, just because of how he'd talk on the mic while he did it.

The closest I've seen to that was the Rock doing a bit of it a couple of times, and the Smokin' Giant and Drinkin' Scott Hall gimmicks in WCW.

I know it was tasteless as hell, but I can't pretend I didn't crack the fuck up when he'd have Vincent hand him his drink to take a swig while he had his opponent in a lazy abdominal stretch.

• Like 1

I can see it.  It's fantasy booking, only monetized.  If advertised correctly, that's a steady stream of income for WWE.

It is more the implementation.

Are they only going to run it on RAW and PPVs?

How do people get points?

Etc...

Etc...

I can see it.  It's fantasy booking, only monetized.  If advertised correctly, that's a steady stream of income for WWE.

Etc...

Etc...

It looks like it's more of a win a WWE prize pack  if you win one of their regular NBA daily drafts rather than actually drafting wrestlers.

I would think they could run different contests/prizes for RAW and PPVs.  SmackDown! wouldn't work, for obvious reasons.

Points based on wins, finishers used, consecutive victories--maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I think it could be whipped up pretty fast if they went that route.

I would think they could run different contests/prizes for RAW and PPVs.  SmackDown! wouldn't work, for obvious reasons.

Points based on wins, finishers used, consecutive victories--maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but I think it could be whipped up pretty fast if they went that route.

But due to the scripted nature and the fact that so many people know who's gonna win even at the live shows, I guess it would offset the loss of income from the Network to the talent though

Etc...

Etc...

Remember when wwe.com did their own weekly fantasy game for a couple years in the mid 2000s? It'll probably be like that. You get $X and pick a team of any number of wrestlers that fits the budget. Pick a new roster each week that gets locked in a couple hours before Raw, week runs Mon-Sun. Get points for appearances, matches, wins, finishers, gimmick matches, main events, foreign object shots, title wins, etc. Each "season" lasted about 3 months and they had weekly prizes for the top 10 weekly scores, and big prizes for the top 10 at the end. The overall winner got 2 front-row ppv tickets with airfare/hotel/limo. That was me for Summer Slam 06, btw (my Chris Jericho "first ever undisputed champion" moment in fantasy competitions).

I was going to bring up the old WWE Fantasy game.  Sandman was typically a good pick for the foreign object shots.

Example scoring (from: http://www.wwe.com/play/fantasyold/rules/season8rules)

SCORING: Scoring for Season 8 is awarded based on the scoring system below:

• RAW/SmackDown!/ECW Appearance (+3)
  • RAW/SmackDown!/ECW Match (+5)
  • RAW/SmackDown!/ECW Win (+7)
  • Pay Per View Appearance (+5)
  • Pay Per View Match (+8)
  • Pay Per View Win (+12)
  • All Shows: Win a Title (+20)
  • All Shows: Retain a Title (+8)
  • All Shows: Participation in a Specialty Match (+3)
  • All Shows: Winning a Specialty Match (+5)
  • All Shows: Eliminating an opponent (+2)
  • All Shows: Executed/locked-in finishing move (+1)
  • All Shows: Finishing Move victory (+4)
  • All Shows: Finishing Move Escape (+3)
  • All Shows: Foreign Object Shot (+3)
  • All Shows: Final Match (+3)
  • All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
  • All Shows: Suspension (-10)

Is anyone here from Connecticut? Someone showed me a commercial for a local TV show that seems to be ripped directly from the Adam Rose vignettes, down to the music even, except it's a bear instead of a rabbit on the bus. I'm trying to find video but I was wondering if anyone else has seen it

Couple things I noticed during Raw that have been bugging me:

1) What happened to Goldust being part of the IC title thing? Wasn't he involved in it one week, now all of a sudden they act like he isn't even part of the company anymore?

2) When the hell is Zeb coming back, or did he get released?

Couple things I noticed during Raw that have been bugging me:

1) What happened to Goldust being part of the IC title thing? Wasn't he involved in it one week, now all of a sudden they act like he isn't even part of the company anymore?

2) When the hell is Zeb coming back, or did he get released?

Goldust was just on Raw this past week, he's going to be in the Andre the Giant Battle Royale, AKA Kane vs Big Show vs Ryback vs Henry vs probably Sheamus

Speaking of injuries, it looks like one of the Usos is hurt and they're not going to be at Mania.  Looks like Brass Ring Club are keeping the belts for a little longer.  I wouldn't be surprised if the tag title match is on the pre-show, if it even happens at all.