DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Exactly.  It's a 4000 year old finish, it's already written for you, and it has always worked. :)  How do you fuck it up, anyway?

Poor stupid WCW.

I think they got cute with the Montreal Screwjob. Hogan (and/or Bischoff) saw how much heat Vince got and figured they could do it better

For anyone near Brookhaven MS there is a great show this Saturday.

Rodney Mack is facing a midget named Texas Red.

Vordell Walker is teaming up with the Washington Bullets to take on The Legion. The Legion has The Nightmare Known as Jeremiah,who is the hottest heel in MS and LA currently.

And the main event,for the NWA North American title.

Champ Tim Storm vs John Saxon in a taped fist match.

Late Saturday or sometime Sunday I will upload the matches I film.

• Like 2

BobbyWhioux, on 19 Mar 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

Exactly.  It's a 4000 year old finish, it's already written for you, and it has always worked. :)  How do you fuck it up, anyway?

Poor stupid WCW.

Creative control brother

I was gonna post this in another thread but as I was typing this it didnt seem to fit so I'll put it here. I don't know how you would do it but with UFC and MMA being so popular I wonder if a strong style promotion would work in the US. Like more realistic striking and more hard hitting style. Don't get rid of the high flying but you can incorporate strikes and kicks into that style and the technical style. You can have the over the top personalities but if this is the "reality era" why not focus on the people outside the ring doing featurettes of the workers at home and working out in the gym like UFC does. And maybe make the womens division more serious. With the popularity of Ronda Rosey you think a promotion would take advantage of that. I guess what I'm trying to say is focus more on wrestling and less on sports entertainment. What im trying to say is I wonder if theres a way of running a wrestling promotion that is heavy on wrestling as an athletic contest but isnt up its own ass at the same time. If you can do the hard hitting pro wrasslin with tough fuckers and shooters and grapplers and high flyers all competing to be the best and the love of the sport all while winking at yourself. ROH could be an argument but that comes off due to the production values and the snails pace booking on second rate. Long winded rant coming to a close, could you do cutting edge wrestling now with how stagnant the sport has become without being proceeded as parody? Hey atleast I used punctuation.

I think the only way to do this would be to have a show that's basically a pro wrestling version of ice skating or gymnastics or cheerleading competitions. Two guys have a match, and you have a set of judges holding up numbers. "Told a great story, but your punches are weak and I heard you loudly

call a spot. I give it an 8"

Tell me there's a fun backstory to this one, brother.

No idea. 3 months back the promoter sent me the line up. Back then Texas Red was facing Frankie Superkick Thomas and his valet Lil Brit AKA the Cockupine. Today the card got changed to Rodney Mack vs Texas Red and Frankie is in another match.

Tell me there's a fun backstory to this one, brother.

No idea. 3 months back the promoter sent me the line up. Back then Texas Red was facing Frankie Superkick Thomas and his valet Lil Brit AKA the Cockupine. Today the card got changed to Rodney Mack vs Texas Red and Frankie is in another match.

Not Concubine but....Cockupine?  :lol: :lol:

Hey guys...without being too much of a spoiler...I was given a hint tonight about the final inductee into the 2015 WWE HOF. My source told me that he's Big and Sexy, for what it's worth. HMMMM.

He is big, but not sexy. More of a cool daddy.

Nash is being inducted as Diesel. WWE already has merch for it. 

CAbe-osWYAAUTrS.jpg

• Like 1

So, the most exciting thing I've heard in the last day or two is that a streaming NWA Classics service is apparently coming. With old Houston wrestling, some of which seems to have never made the light of day, including Race vs Andre.

If you can wade through R. Bruce Tharpe's twitter account you can see various news here and there.

• Like 1