DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I still don"t know why they don't air the MSG Live Events on the Network live. I wonder why they don't try to draw some interest in the live Event sby doing a one night King Of The Ring airing on the Network for one of their weekend shows.

• Like 1

http://instagram.com/p/yvi1wYEqyN/?modal=true

Wanderlei Silva's offer from WWE was apparently $1mil.

So from that photo, it seems to be implying Silva vs. Sonnen?  I've long thought WWE should bring in some more ex-UFC guys with personality.  I think you could write a pretty fascinating story of shooters (managed by Heyman, post-Brock) vs. pro wrestlers.   When I say 'you', I mean you, the DVDVR message board poster, not you as in WWE writers.

I've had the thought before of what a wrestling promotion booked by the DVDVR would look like. I think it would be equal parts peak Mid-South and ECW mixed with Russorific WCW and TNA. I mean that in a great way.

• Like 1

I've had the thought before of what a wrestling promotion booked by the DVDVR would look like. I think it would be equal parts peak Mid-South and ECW mixed with Russorific WCW and TNA. I mean that in a great way.

Brie Bella repackaged as a Stan Hansen impersonator vs Nikki Bella repackaged as a Terry Funk impersonator.

Hair vs Hair blowoff match.

I'm not sure a "shooters" vs. wrestlers thing would work because wouldn't it just end up being like the WCW Invasion?  All of the wrestlers would beat the shit out of the Ex-UFC guys.

Yup. That's the problem. Vince isn't gonna want his guys to look weak so the shooters would get beaten every possible chance. 

I'm not sure a "shooters" vs. wrestlers thing would work because wouldn't it just end up being like the WCW Invasion?  All of the wrestlers would beat the shit out of the Ex-UFC guys.

Brock suggests otherwise.

But a "shooters vs wrestlers" angle would be a bad idea, because if the "shooters" come out ahead you weaken the current roster even more as the "real fighters" beat the "pretend fighters". Really, I don't think invasion angles are good for anything outside of fantasy booking unless the two groups are on relatively even footing (ROH vs CZW, for instance.) Either the new guys come in and get whooped like WCW during the Invasion, or the new guys come in and run roughshod over the existing guys like WCW during the nWo...

Come to think of it, maybe WCW was the problem. ;)

I can't wait until Vince has Roman Reigns fight Fedor or Cro Cop on New Year's Eve.

A few months or so ago someone mentioned that when WWE inducted Inoki into their Hall of Fame that maybe he and Vince switched brains. This would certainly lend credence to that idea.

• Like 1

Brie Bella repackaged as a Stan Hansen impersonator vs Nikki Bella repackaged as a Terry Funk impersonator.

I instantly thought of this, but with Bella's as Hansen & Brody instead of Japanese dues

im00066595.jpg 

No rope, Bob Wire match

• Like 4

WWE is putting the Network to good use, as Paul Heyman will be LIVE on the Network tonight to talk about the NBC/Brian Williams "scandal".

I always love it when WWE tries to shoehorn themselves into mainstream stuff like this. Vince is so desperate to be a part of that circle that it's kind of pathetic.

The segment, for the curious: https://vid.me/NJRM

Or watch Larry King interviewing Jake, Scott Hall and DDP

I instantly thought of this, but with Bella's as Hansen & Brody instead of Japanese dues

im00066595.jpg

I'm fine as long as the Bellas wear the exact same costumes ;)

• Like 2

im00066595.jpg

I'm fine as long as the Bellas wear the exact same costumes ;)

Then the dude on my left is clearly Nikki.

• Like 1

Brock suggests otherwise.

Brock was a former WWE Champion. He already had a rep as an unbeatable monster. He was THEIR guy. Silva is not.

I like Jay Lethal a lot, actually. I think everything he does is smart and smooth except his finish.

Please explain his hip toss, cartwheel, seated dropkick spot to me. The recipient has to sit up after the hip toss to make the spot work. It makes no sense and it drives me nuts.

BUT I BET IT'S SMOOTH~!

Probably a head scratcher, honestly, but I feel like a seated position is relatively normal within the context of pro wrestling. I mean, if we're fiating an irish whip then I think we can explain sitting up after a hip toss as a reflex to just get your shoulders off the mat.

Everyone has their own hangups, mine is folks just standing around "in a daze" waiting for the next move. But, on the real, most of wrestling-physics are terrible. I just think the Lethal Injection is more terrible than other terribles.