DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Ok, this one might bring Depp back.

Bring him back? Shit, this might get him an Oscar.

No clue how good the film will end up being, but that's one of the best fucking trailers I've ever seen.

I dunno about an Oscar because you never know what's going to happen. Remember when Carell was suppose to get an Oscar?

As far as the film goes, I was disappointed with Out of the Furnace. It really wasn't this awesome, gritty film they probably wanted it to be. So I am going wait for the reviews to trickle in before I get on the Scott Cooper bandwagon. This one definitely has potential though.

So here's a trailer from the new film about the notorious British gangsters the Kray Twins - starring Tom Hardy and well ...... Tom Hardy

It is virtually impossible for this movie to suck. IMPOSSIBLE!*

*Unless they wildly deviate from the story of the Kray Twins and make it a bland British gangster film.

• Like 1

Yeah, they've been victims of genocide, institutional racism, forced internment, had their culture forcibly taken from them and bared the brunt of cultural (Hollywood or otherwise) stereotyping for hundreds of years....but yeah, they need to lighten up.

Holy fuck man, I hope that's just sarcasm I'm not reading well.

I guess I'm just tired of the politically correct stuff. Yeah I was a bit dickish, and no one should do anything they aren't comfortable with, but they are really just STUPID juevenile Adam Sandler shit. . . .

Yeah, I get it. Just a hot button topic with me, I guess.

Let us never forget the ultimate evil, Adam Sandler movies.

Sandler has done some funny movies. It's just been a loooong time.

I've pointed this out before, but Adam Sandler was the only act to bomb at the original Festival Supreme.

I know that much is true. But when you think of Tom Hardy's career, there's really nothing left to make him feel small, is there? Luck has left him standing so... tall.

• Like 2

Saw Avengers(and loved it), but I have to say that the previews for fantastic four and the terminator movie look so embarrassingly bad. FF I get about the movie rights and whatnot, but Terminator? Talk about a franchise that should have ended with the 2nd one. $$$, I know, but goddamn. . . .

Yeah, I'm still going to buy a ticket to the sorry ass terminator movie because terminator.

Then they'll make another sorry ass sequel and I'll stupidly support it too.

• Like 1

I gave up on the terminator movie as soon as Arnold explained that Skynet invented T800 with aging flesh.

Why? Just why?

I mean I know why (to explain Arnold's age) but come on. It makes no sense in the plot.

Visually it looks amazing.

Other that that...eh, Rock might be due for a big flop soon. Don't people want to see him flexing his muscles and beating people up in his films? He can't punch nature.

Maybe that will be my next entry into the "things you were wrong about" thread, I don't know.