DVDVR Message Board

One Year

RIPPA

Today marks the one year anniversary of the new board.

If I had realized this fact earlier - I would have pushed myself get get DVDVR #172 done today but it was not meant to be.

All things considered - I think it was a fairly smooth year and we finally found a host company that we can hold 'em and pet 'em and squeeze 'em and call them George

Goals for Year Two will be to finally work on the main site again... and not die.

For those wondering if they can help out - clicking on the ads is always nice (whether you are looking for a mate or not).

We always will always take donations as we prepare for renewal time - philrippa AT hotmail DOT com

Thank you all for sticking with us. We don't hate all of you.

• Like 14

I loved the above song so, so much as a kid, and would play it constantly on my birthday. My mother would just look at me like "What in God's name have I spawned?"

Because it's awesome. Also, Mandatory Fun comes out on Tuesday!

Speaking of one year. . .

My favorite memory from the last year was when that one guy told that story about his great grandpa faking a heart attack for attention.

Currently the most liked post on the board with 50 likes. I have to say I'm kinda bewildered myself as to why.

My favorite memory from the last year was when that one guy told that story about his great grandpa faking a heart attack for attention.

Currently the most liked post on the board with 50 likes. I have to say I'm kinda bewildered myself as to why.

For me it's not the story, it's the exchange of "(It's a long story)" followed by "We've got time." I like that moment.

I also love that time when Big Fresh ruined March Madness with his vote and people were pissed at him.

• Like 1

I've only been posting for this past year (my attempts to create an account on the old boards were never, ever approved, despite my hundreds of protest e-mails) but I've been lurking since high school. it's been really nice getting to participate and get to know everyone. I always thought that this place had the most "sophisticated" taste, and a lot of my opinions have been shaped by the dudes here. I mean, I'm 26--  I was a kid who got AOL in '97 as a 9 year old, that grew up on Dave Scherer, Scott Keith, and phrases like "MOVEZ~!" It's a miracle I'm not a fucking asshole with my opinions, and I think that this place has a LOT to do with that. So thanks fellas, and happy birthday!