DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

By this point, it would almost be a shocker if Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler didn't end up signing NDAs to leave the company, wouldn't it? (guess the main factor in favor of "no NDA" would be if they weren't actively doing that in the 2000s).

I was about to say that Torrie/Stacy got put into a worse situation because the WWF bought their company but then I went to Wikipedia and somehow WCW cut Torrie Wilson at the end of 2000 because of course they did.

Dollars to donuts says to me that every single female wrestler/Diva during Attitude/Ruthless Aggression years had a NDA signed or possibly threatened with legal action if they spoke badly about the WWE when they left. More than likely, they were subjected to whatever Vince McMahon wanted them to do to 'advance their career' while they were there and that led to them leaving. I just think about the women that were there briefly like Kathy Dingman (B.B.), Amy Weber and Joy Giovanni and what they possibly knew.

• Like 4

looking at Torrie's Wikipedia and seeing things that I clearly never noticed since I wasn't really watching the product then, like..

On the September 28 episode of SmackDown!, after losing to Victoria, she was attacked in the ring by the debuting villainess Krissy Vaine, but the feud was prematurely dropped when Vaine left the company

feels like pretty much every sudden diva departure could get a side eye glance even if some of them were the normal "2000s WWE chaos" instead of people being harassed out of the company

I think there are a number of women we all expect to be on the list, some who have been long rumored for a long time. The surprise may be someone whose name never seems to come up in these discussions (for example, Beth Phoenix). 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I wasn't watching a ton at that point, but I think most of these super short-lived names came from the Diva Search contest; make of that what you will.

Given what we know about Vince and Johnny Ace now, I'm going to guess the diva search concept was one of their most audacious and egregious displays of deviancy. Even at the time, the whole thing was so blatantly "how much will these young, attractive women degrade themselves to be on TV" that you kinda got the sense there was much more going on behind the scenes. There was also the infamous unscripted insult contest where Christy Hemme very explicitly said Carmella DeCesare was only there because she was doing sexual favors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I believe the phrase is 

Reveal hidden contents

Cum guzzling gutter slut 

All great new keywords that will need to be added into keyword search on everyone’s favorite streaming platform!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I believe the phrase is 

Reveal hidden contents

Cum guzzling gutter slut 

I saw them open up for Gwar years back at The Chance in Poughkeepsie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

6 hours ago, piranesi said:

All great new keywords that will need to be added into keyword search on everyone’s favorite streaming platform!

Moment .... nope, no hits on Netflix and Peacock.

My thoughts on this keep turning toward the Diva Search.  There is going to be plenty to mine out of that bullshit.

I vaguely recall news stories around the time that the locker room was being finger wagged because the contest “wasn’t supposed to be a dating pool” for the male wrestlers.  

15 minutes ago, Brandon Bones said:

I vaguely recall news stories around the time that the locker room was being finger wagged because the contest “wasn’t supposed to be a dating pool” for the male wrestlers.  

“Why are these attractive young women trying to date these attractive young men and not the gross old men that came up with this contest!!?!?!” - Johnny and Vince, probably

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

There were a few “why aren’t these hot women dating main eventers” situations in the WWE

While this is just pure speculation on my part, but when aforementioned B.B was promptly and abruptly fired from WWE for dating Bob Holly, the reason given was that it was because Holly was married at the time. To me, it seemed back then that she was actually fired for getting involved with someone so low on the proverbial totem pole. No proof whatsoever, but I remember thinking it was so obvious at the time.

• Like 3

MONOGAMY IN PRO WRESTLING IS REALLY IMPORTANT!

I mean on the surface the whole "you need to be dating a main eventer" is silly cause very few (male) wrestlers are just eligible bachelors. Either they're married with kids, have a long time girlfriend and kids, or a girlfriend. You have one or two maybe coming out of a separation/divorce (Batista got divorced around the time he was main eventing and Brock seperated from his fiancee around time he got w/ Rena). Outside of Cena for a few years, I cannot think of just some dude who was on top and not connected to anyone. 

Only in film/TV and on Instagram are these very attractive people who are in incredible physical shape somehow "single".

• Like 1

Its less of a she should be with a main eventer thing and more likely some creepy motherfuckers on the creative team getting jealous because they had a crush on the women involved. Its seemingly what happened with Rusev/Lana and Miz/Maryse.

Edited by Eivion

23 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Didn't this allegedly happen with Rusev and Lana?

Rusev and Lana, Maria and Mike, essentially any good looking woman Vince deemed to be in a relationship “below her station” was fair game for booking designed to fuck with their relationship.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Rusev and Lana, Maria and Mike, essentially any good looking woman Vince deemed to be in a relationship “below her station” was fair game for booking designed to fuck with their relationship.

I call bullshit on Rusev and Lana being not their call because they then went and ran a variant of the same angle in AEW.  That seems more Miro's kink.

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I call bullshit on Rusev and Lana being not their call because they then went and ran a variant of the same angle in AEW.  That seems more Miro's kink.

True, but counterpoint: the couple ran off and did a quickie wedding right around the time the angle started, ostensibly in an attempt to disrupt it, didn’t they?