DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROSTER PURGE - 9/21/23

ChesterCopperpot

Had a bit of a soft spot for Dabba Kato because before he got to WWE he was with the Vikings in Training Camp. Didn't play well (and I don't think anyone expected him to), but it was still kind of cool to see him move on to wrestling after that.

Do we know if they are likely done with office cuts? Maybe I'm naive or maybe it's just wishful thinking (or both) but I keep waiting to hear that Bruce Pritchard is finally out for good. Just seems like a guy who's a threat to anyone with more seniority than him and an out-of-touch nuisance to everyone else.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Do we know if they are likely done with office cuts? Maybe I'm naive or maybe it's just wishful thinking (or both) but I keep waiting to hear that Bruce Pritchard is finally out for good. Just seems like a guy who's a threat to anyone with more seniority than him and an out-of-touch nuisance to everyone else.Ā 

As long as Vince has any level of authority and Bruce is willing to throw his ego to the side to kiss Vince's ass he isn't going anywhere

• Like 1

Sad to see Emma released yet again after a truly lackluster stint. The WWE never really tapped into the potential that Impact did. She was hilarious as Tenille.Ā 

Always liked Leon and Feroz and thought they had tons of potential as fiery babyfaces. So, it sucks to see her go too.Ā 

I hate to see that anyone lose their job. But none of these surprise me. Even Dolph, when I really think about it. I think the only surprise to me would be R Truth. They m sure that's one of Vince's demands.
I'm more surprised that the rest of Hit Row wasn't let go. Either they see something in Fab and The Adonis or they don't want to fire even more POC in one day? Who can say in this kooky era of firing people just as you make a billion.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

People could be making up some of these NXT names and I would not know the difference.Ā 

While I do feel bad for the folks getting released, I definitely got an "ALL THE STARS ARE HERE!" vibe as more and more NXT/Performance Center names got added to the list.

https://youtu.be/R7246Q15uCA?si=PRcltVMQzthU_aFP

Ā 

• Haha 5

Time for the part of the releases where talent starts airing some laundry (mostly good stuff)

renderTimingPixel.pngThey say there was once an incident that led to Matt Riddle slapping GUNTHER and Gunther doing nothing about it.

Mansoor wasn't on NXT TV because he wasn't allowed to lose due to the Saudi deal.

LA Knight hated them and threatened to quit.

Vince loved the MMM gimmick and helped them rehearse

Mansoor said Miz is the nicest guy, Mace said it's Cody

Both agree Miz is very well respected vet.

Both admit that Retribution was just antifa

Said Vince is a nice guy

Seth doesn't hang out with any other talent.

Gargano is a funny dude

Kevin Owens is cool

Sami is kind of annoying but harmless.

Said Jeff Jarrett was the nicest legend in WWE

Vince was incredibly nice to them was would joke around during pre-tapes.

AJ Styles is really cool and only really talks about video games and Georgia Football

Jason Jordan is their favorite agent

Micheal Cole is a pro and speaks with talents and takes note as what they want him to get over.

Vince thought Mansoor was fat so he got in shape

They almost lost their Twitch because Shayna choked out Mansooor on a stream

Both Usos are really cool dudes

Chad and Otis are nice

(this being Reddit, it's always possible that some of this was not said)

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

Surprised Vince hated Knight as their agent. I thought he did well, but then again you could always tell he would rather continue with what was doing before in NXT and now. Didn't realize how invested Vince was in the MMM gimmick. Kind of shocked they got so screwed over when he was out considering the other pet project in Theory kept getting pushed.

I don't totally trust the numbers, but a lot of people are going on the idea that Dolph Ziggler wrestled the second-most matches in WWE, sandwiched between Big Show at #3 and Kane at #1.

Even with Kofi at #4, is it crazy to assume that Dolph did "the most work" in WWE history? Like, in a scientific sense. Did anybody convert more biological chemical energy into mechanical energy in the history of the company?? Especially considering he was always their back-pocket workrate guy who tended to work a lot of longer singles matches on house shows and never had a long tag team run outside of a couple of years with Bobby Roode.

• Like 1

how many 2011/12 FCW guys are still in the WWE aside from Seth and Roman and an injured Big E?

Looking at an Eight Man Tag main event from the FCW Arena on October 6th, 2011: Husky Harris, Leakee, Richie Steamboat and Seth Rollins vs Cesaro, Sandow, Dean Ambrose, and Leo Kruger.

So it's possible that having a certain percentage of your old buddies being somewhere else might put you on a bit of an island?

Also, looking at ROH Man Up (September 15th, 2007) with a match between Irish Airborne and Jack Evans vs Jimmy Jacobs, Necro Butcher and Tyler Black. Back in a simpler time with matches like Morishima vs Danielson and The Briscoes vs Generico/Steen.

• Like 2