DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROSTER PURGE - 9/21/23

ChesterCopperpot

Shelton has been on Main Event - heck I think he might be on this week's show

Ali's release is still weird as he is supposed to be on the No Mercy card and they were promoting that match on Tuesday

10 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Checking into Ziggler’s Wikipedia to make jokes about him going directly to AEW

11 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

He previously dated comedian Amy Schumer, who split up with him because she considered him "too athletic" in bed

Avoids Erotic Workouts 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Peck said:

Shelton actually got a nice segment on Main Event on the January 5th episode celebrating 20 years in the company. Worth checking out if you have access.

• Like 6

Just now, hammerva said:

If Shelton wants to do it, he would be great for AEW in terms of being the "adult in the room".    Of all the releases now,  Ali seems like a no brainer for AEW.   Given how weak Collison is now in star power, using Ziggler would be an interesting idea

I for one would welcome Dolph Ziggler for fighting on Saturday nights

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

The idea of promoting Benjamin as "young guys" is pretty funny given that he debuted in 2002.  Plus Ziggler has been in WWE developmental as far back as 2004

To work WITH young guys

Not that they are young

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, just drew said:

If TK & co are serious about growing new stars, they could do a lot worse than having their young guys work Ziggler & Shelton. Both those guys would also make interesting additions to BCC.

Shelton, absolutely. Ziggler, not so much. His WWE presentation was all about being a showman and "having great matches" which pretty much goes against the entire BCC ethos. Ali OTOH would be a solid choice... all you need is for BD to endorse/fast-track him for the group.

I imagine Shelton could go back to Japan as well.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Shelton, absolutely. Ziggler, not so much. His WWE presentation was all about being a showman and "having great matches" which pretty much goes against the entire BCC ethos. Ali OTOH would be a solid choice... all you need is for BD to endorse/fast-track him for the group.

I imagine Shelton could go back to Japan as well.

I was thinking the collegiate wrestler thing, but you aren't wrong, and I wouldn't advocate for both of them joining, so...

• Like 1

Tennille Dashwood would be quality depth on AEW's women's roster. If the Outcasts are still a thing, she'd fit well there. I don't know enough about Aliyah to comment intelligently, but I remember there being a lot of clamoring for her on social media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Oh no... they got Boogs. No more McAfee shredding on the announcers table.

Boogs really had barely wrestled since the stuff with L.A. Knight - handful of matches with Omos and Cameron Grimes. He's been on the road as there was photos with The Rock, and he's been touring various local gyms on his YouTube. He seems to have had his wife around for the filming....but wasn't being used.

Will almost certainly never wrestle again, though tbh I never really got the sense he was that into it. He's gone from around 100K YouTube subscribers before hitting the main roster to over 300K today, along with some money from his time on the main roster.....he's not going to want for clients to coach.

Edited by StretchMediatedHypertrophy