DVDVR Message Board

Forbidden Door II - 6/25/2023

The Natural

1 minute ago, Gordlow said:

I would think the main concern would be your access to sea water. It's likely to be close to a 4-hour show. How long can you survive on dry land? 

Definitely suggest an aisle seat. More room if you bring in a tank of sea water. 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Gordlow said:

I would think the main concern would be your access to sea water. It's likely to be close to a 4-hour show. How long can you survive on dry land? 

Definitely suggest an aisle seat. More room if you bring in a tank of sea water. 

I have a similar set up as Sandy in SpongeBob, but instead of air it’s water. 
I flatten a bit in the seat, but thick enough I can still grab a bear and get comfortable.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

I flatten a bit in the seat, but thick enough I can still grab a bear and get comfortable.

And the bear doesn't maul you? Bears are very touchy about invasions of personal space. Ask Bryan Danielson. He knows.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

I'm tempted to go see it at the local regal movie theater in Bellingham (MA), but I think my crippling social anxiety will make it a no go 😞

For All Out, I looked the day before and only 2 tickets were sold, so I don’t know if you have to worry about a crowded theater. I just did the math and realized that between the $20 ticket, the cost of beers out, and the cost of a ride share home, it was cheaper to stay home.

It would be cool if the nice theater here, a Cinemark one, would show AEW PPVs. I would go to that if I knew there would be a decent amount of people there. Plus they have the lounger recliner seats, so that's nice too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Earlier today I saw ringside seats go on sale for $50 including fees for tonight. Wild.

Next time I’m going to a show, if I can’t get perfect seats on the presale I’m just going to wait until the day before/ day of. Amazing tickets get released for a good price and as long as you are checking it’s all yours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

It would be cool if the nice theater here, a Cinemark one, would show AEW PPVs. I would go to that if I knew there would be a decent amount of people there. Plus they have the lounger recliner seats, so that's nice too.

I dont know if it is because it is Forbidden Door or something else but there are fewer movie options in Virginia tomorrow   The closest one  is 18 miles away and on a Sunday night that is no Bueno 

Hey I just realized that Danielson vs. Okada is technically heel vs. heel right now. Not that they're going to be cheating behind the referee's back, but Danielson and the BCC steamroll people, and Okada thinks he's too good for everyone.

Do you think they actually try to work the match that way, like with both guys adhering to those personas?

3 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Hey I just realized that Danielson vs. Okada is technically heel vs. heel right now. Not that they're going to be cheating behind the referee's back, but Danielson and the BCC steamroll people, and Okada thinks he's too good for everyone.

Do you think they actually try to work the match that way, like with both guys adhering to those personas?

It's been fun seeing Okada, Kenny, Ospreay and I guess now Punk switch face/heel for this show. Different roles for different territories.

Aside from that, in the build for this event we have Sanada saying that Jack Perry isn't good enough to challenge, Jack Perry saying he's never seen a Sanada match, Okada saying he hasn't seen much Danielson since he signed for WWE, MJF saying Tanahashi isn't good enough to challenge and Tanahashi not being able to remember MJF's name. So everyone's big leaguing each other whether they're heels or not.

• Like 1