DVDVR Message Board

WrestleZAYNia XXXIX - 4/1 & 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Poor Finn Balor. Very NSFW:

Reveal hidden contents

Fsw9iMSWAAEpnBI?format=jpg&name=small

Finn Bálor got injected with a numbing agent and got staples at ringside. Finn Balor is a tough one.

😳 Good LORD. No wonder they stopped the match. Finn is a damn trooper for finishing that out

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Saw someone point it out on Reddit, and I feel like a complete dimwit for not realizing till now that Roman's theme is basically the Succession theme. 

I thought that the first time I heard it when he debuted the song at Mania a couple years ago. Just a perfect theme honestly. 

11 hours ago, Dog said:

I think Cody losing is a bad call, but at the same time, fuck him with a rusty rake for playing inter-promotional politics with Brodie Jr. as a prop. What a piece of shit thing to do.

Considering Cody was an integral part in closing out the Brodie Lee tribute show and none of us know the interpersonal dynamics at play... maybe keep shit like this to yourself.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Considering Cody was an integral part in closing out the Brodie Lee tribute show and none of us know the interpersonal dynamics at play... maybe keep shit like this to yourself.

Considering Cody and Big E were personally there for the family the day Jon died; and Cody has been there for the Hubers since then. 

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Yeah, color-coded kendo sticks and chairs was lame as shit and all, but that’s indeed a “stop the match” gash and not a “why isn’t WWE allowing blood in HIAC this sucks” cut.

Finn is a beast for that. 

My buddy I was watching with thought Finn bladed. I was like, 1. I don’t think they allow that and 2. If you were going to grant an exception, don’t waste it on the dude covered in black paint. 

5 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Snoop calling it in the ring an all time hilarious WM moment. Confirmed does not know how to throw a worked punch. What a legend

I do love that Snoop saw shit going south and thought, "I should probably just full-on punch Miz in the face."

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

I haven't watched any WWE at all in a couple years, but really enjoyed night 2.

There was only one moment that really took me out of it. To me, it's a pretty unforgivable oversight.

There is no way in hell any Scottsman or Irishman worth a damn would be caught dead drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm sorry. I can't see it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Log said:

I haven't watched any WWE at all in a couple years, but really enjoyed night 2.

There was only one moment that really took me out of it. To me, it's a pretty unforgivable oversight.

There is no way in hell any Scottsman or Irishman worth a damn would be caught dead drinking a Mike's Hard Lemonade. I'm sorry. I can't see it.

Was it a shoot Mike’s Hard or a Worked Mike’s Hard?

• Like 2

Just echoing others at this point, but wow, what a choice for that ending. Completely baffling. I am not into Cody, particularly, but I don't understand what they're doing here at all and it doesn't entice me to keep watching. Cody, at least, would have been a new thing -- a poor substitute for Sami, but still, new. I've said it before and repeat myself here, but WWE can only ever revert to the norm because they have shareholders to appease and so are allergic to change or risks. They are in the CONTENT business these days.  I will also stave off any claims of hypocrisy by saying I also do not understand Eddie losing to Claudio or Mark losing to Samoa Joe. I have slightly more faith, based on track record, that something useful and interesting will be salvaged out of those losses, but I certainly can't piece it together from here.

I don't think Cody's totally cooked or anything, but I don't see any upside from this for him and I think we are now, legitimately, out of viable contenders for Roman's belt. Any win over him at this point will feel like a pittance. All I can imagine is CM Punk coming back and doing what Cody couldn't, which would be the funniest possible outcome from all of this, so that is what I am now rooting for.

More generally, thought Night 1 was among the best nights of Wrestlemania since they split it into two days, and Night 2 was just okay (as is usually the case). Thought Rhea/Charlotte was the best match of the weekend, and thoroughly enjoyed the Gunther slapfest. Relatively sports entertaining, overall.

Edited by The Idiot King
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Snoop calling it in the ring an all time hilarious WM moment. Confirmed does not know how to throw a worked punch. What a legend

Snoop's punches were 200% better than Shane's and Shane has been in the business since birth. 

• Haha 4

I thought night two was a bit of a let down compared to night one. Cody vs Roman was the match of the night for me. The triple threat was a close second followed by Asuka vs. Bianca. Sad that Asuka lost. Thought for sure she would win. I'm not surprised Cody lost though. I wish he won, but not surprised he didn't.

I haven't watched wrestling in years, and the last WWE content I watched has been at least a decade ago. I saw on another site that WrestleMania just happened, so I thought, 'Cool, let's check the results.'

First thing I somehow read: Shane McMahon VS Snoop Dogg and Shane injures himself -- and it's not from that 'elbow drop onto the announce table' spot.

Time is a flat circle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

It is incredible how many people have crystal balls and can see the outlook for Cody Rhodes three and six months from now. 

You and I both know he’s going to be given the polka dots gimmick.

• Like 2

Back in the Elimination Chamber thread, I posited The Auteur Theory of the Bloodline. And if we assume my premise there—that the Bloodline began as Vince’s psychodrama about the trials and tribulations of being the patriarch of a family business with Roman as his stand-in, then became HHH’s psychodrama about an outsider trying to prove his worth to the family with Sami as his stand-in…

Then I guess we shouldn’t at all be surprised that from the moment Vince officially came back into power, we’ve seen Roman get stabbed in the back by Sami, swat down Sami’s challenge from within, and ultimately swat down a challenge from without (Cody) and stand tall on the eve of Vince’s final victory.

Art!

Edited by EVA
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Oh man, my thoughts...

- Don't agree with the main event booking, more based on my old school feeling that Mania shouldn't end on a heel victory than anything else. Though for those saying it seemed like a Vince call, I felt a lot more like it came from noted "JCP-style dominant heel champ protected by stable" fan HHH. Not the worst booking decision of the show either.

- OK I don't know if they had to audible because of that gash, but Edge winning was way more of a Vince-esque LOL ATTITUDE ERA RELIC WINS moment. Edge and Beth already got the feel good win in the tag match. Balor should've won here. Edge does nothing for me, I never bought him as a main eventer and buy him even less as a "legend".

- And then there's Asuka now being 0-4 at Mania. Yes Bianca is a wunderkind in the ring and she's super popular and all but she's starting to become dull invincible champ. Kana, go back to Japan and maybe take Bayley with you because they've reduced her from great heel Karen character to generic evil stable leader. And yes, her stable was also victim to LOL ATTITUDE ERA RELICS WIN...

- And finally as a Miz fan...ok ok ok maybe he's got zero ego about his character. Maybe he's the anti-mark for self. Maybe he's content to do his reality show and his interview segments and get beaten up by celebrities and eaten by zombies and such. But a part of me kinda hopes he's seeing how Miz Jr. Friedman is getting booked in the other place and at least is curious about getting Tony Khan's number...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

- And then there's Asuka now being 0-4 at Mania. Yes Bianca is a wunderkind in the ring and she's super popular and all but she's starting to become dull invincible champ. Kana, go back to Japan and maybe take Bayley with you because they've reduced her from great heel Karen character to generic evil stable leader. And yes, her stable was also victim to LOL ATTITUDE ERA RELICS WIN...

Asuka joining WWE was always about money opposed to anything else. She will return to Japan when she is getting ready to retire.

Not sure Bayley would be better off anywhere else.