DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

It's really hard to come off as the biggest herb in a situation you aren't even involved with, so kudos to Bobby Fish for pulling it off.

Very herb-ish and also symbolic of Bobby Fish reaching middle aged man status.

If he vlogs about getting a tribal tattoo with his 19 year old girlfriend, we will know he is in the final stages of his metamorphosis. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Fire them all. 

- Punk fucks off to his comic collection 

- Page is hired by WWE

- Bucks go back to Reseda and make PWG twice as profitable

- Omega... he can stay

Everyone wins.

EDIT: Well, Page doesn't win

Just being pedantic here… PWG is no longer in Reseda ?

35 minutes ago, A_K said:

Privately commissioned police offers wearing state uniform at a private security detail engagement? What? I'll need some real examples of that please  

Police department have said there was no issue. Obviously bringing the State police as accomplices into the work was a step too far ?

Others have already mentioned the security thing but I can also tell you that my local Best Buy has an in-store local police presence, in uniform, at a desk right when you walk in.  

• Like 1

I hope that AEW didn't miss the boat with the Acclaimed (or isn't still in the process of missing it). We've all seen in wresting where an act gets hot but the promotion doesn't pull the trigger until six months later, when they are not as hot. Or never pull it at all. It was a tough spot as they are still establishing the Swerve/Lee storyline and interrupting it probably wouldn't have been a great idea, but I hate to see an act get over so much and be right there, and fall short. It just felt like that was their moment. They are only "very good" wrestlers, and one day their act will get old, but right now the crowd loves them and they are clicking, shame it just didn't line up to when in storyline it worked.

• Like 6

Yeah but even when you do pull the trigger it often doesn't work. That was one crowd that was super into them. Who knows how other cities feel? Seemed like magic and if he's running back a rematch I imagine the Acclaimed are going to win.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

The "legal stuff" is interesting. Who knows WTF that means but it feels like they're going over contracts about firing people for these types of things and whether or not they have to pay someone or how much someone wants to get paid to walk away. Or a disorganized mess of a wrestling company might have poorly drafted contracts believing their own sh*t that they would always run a company like family. 

The family business owns multiple professional sports franchises. I'm pretty sure their contracts aren't hastily written on cocktail napkins lol

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Yeah but even when you do pull the trigger it often doesn't work. That was one crowd that was super into them. Who knows how other cities feel? Seemed like magic and if he's running back a rematch I imagine the Acclaimed are going to win.

I imagine the whole reason The Acclaimed got the match in the 1st place was to get put over as a top tag team act, not necessarily be tag champs instantly.

23 minutes ago, A_K said:

Thank him for his service. Police department will be issuing warnings then any day now if law enforcement was in attendance as a witness  ?

From Fightful:

"Hoffman States Police Department does not have any police reports, nor any documentation that police were requested, during AEW All Out event for anything that allegedly occurred backstage. The only police response at the event was regarding a family issue in the audience."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Log said:

This is VERY common for police officers to do.  Can also confirm.

I assume Paul Heyman had a similar arrangement for the police that worked the ECW Arena shows (including the infamous "Psycho Cop") before Atlas Security took over the gig.

Spoiler

"He really is a psycho!" - Paul, probably joking

1 hour ago, porksweats said:

Moving on from all of this fallout and back to the event itself.

Who was the night's MVP?

Who was the night's LVP?

Edit: please stick to matches, not all this hooplah after

MVP is tough, I’m going with Swerve because he did an amazing job of shifting to heel work both in terms of demeanor and offense to really put over The Acclaimed. Bowens might be co-MVP, he sold the fuck out of that knee which led to volcanic heat.

LVP: Tony Khan, lots of bad booking/endings and putting at least three matches that could’ve been on TV into an already overstuffed PPV. Second is shared between Sammy and Tay for their dangerous work that led to multiple injuries to Ruby Soho.

Edited by JLowe
Fixing a bad autocorrect on Tay
  • Like 2

Sapp continues making things worse and proving Punk’s point about these journalists being stupid as fuck. Sapp on his show said that he got a text at 5 am and a call at 5:30 am saying that Discovery was unhappy and Punk was expecting to be fired possibly at 1 pm today, and then goes on to say that this is all remarkably uncomfirmed. SO WHY EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT? Oh, it’s to get clicks and subscriptions, that’s why. Jesus Christ. All of these marks want to so desperately be a part of the drama. It’s embarrassing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

MVP is tough, I’m going with Swerve because he did an amazing job of shifting to heel work both in terms of demeanor and offense to really put over The Acclaimed. Bowens might be co-MVP, he sold the fuck out of that knee which led to volcanic heat.

Swerve had a performance of a lifetime in that match. He drove the drama before the match and turned up the heat during. The slip off the second rope felt organic but if the point of the match was to make Bowens a super sympathetic face in peril, it had to have been planned, right? Omg is it a wherk or a shoot?! SRS save me! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Swerve had a performance of a lifetime in that match. He drove the drama before the match and turned up the heat during. The slip off the second rope felt organic but if the point of the match was to make Bowens a super sympathetic face in peril, it had to have been planned, right? Omg is it a wherk or a shoot?! SRS save me! 

Hahaha.

for real though, maybe Bowens slipped, felt a brief twinge, and then decided that he was really going to sell it knowing that the other guys were experienced enough to make it their focus.

44 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Very herb-ish and also symbolic of Bobby Fish reaching middle aged man status.

If he vlogs about getting a tribal tattoo with his 19 year old girlfriend, we will know he is in the final stages of his metamorphosis. 

Bobby Fish as wrestling’s John McAfee would be great. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Jiji said:

This was Acclaimed's first real match on PPV as a tag team. Lee and Swerve just recently won the belts. I think it was a bit too early to take it off of them. I think if you play your cards right and build up this storyline for Grand Slam and like Acclaimed has to win, it can still work. But now you have to really sell Acclaimed as underdogs you really want to see win the rematch.

• Like 4

The PPV is just now hitting the sleazier Chinese streaming sites, so I just watched Jade Cargill vs Athena.  I'm glad they protected Athena's finisher by having the Baddies drag her off Jade.  Jade sold it like Peneloe Ford so I guess that's how it's going to be going forwards.  The rest of the match was good.  Athena is the best wrestler in AEW.

• Like 4

This gets solved with Punk vs MJF III tomorrow for the title, where MJF is holding the title and cutting his own pipe bomb promo while Punk gets the fuck out of Max's ring.  Anything less is not nearly pro grappz enough for my taste.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sapp continues making things worse and proving Punk’s point about these journalists being stupid as fuck. Sapp on his show said that he got a text at 5 am and a call at 5:30 am saying that Discovery was unhappy and Punk was expecting to be fired possibly at 1 pm today, and then goes on to say that this is all remarkably uncomfirmed. SO WHY EVEN SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT? Oh, it’s to get clicks and subscriptions, that’s why. Jesus Christ. All of these marks want to so desperately be a part of the drama. It’s embarrassing.

We are THIS close to having a moment like when a slightly befuddled Sting and Randy Savage with a severely atrophied arm are standing there while Hogan burned one of the "rags" at World War 3 1995.

Good times are here again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

To get back to the PPV, I know everyone is concerned about Malakai Black, but I really enjoyed that six-man tag. It gave Darby Allin a big win on PPV that I think he needed, and I think Sting played his role perfectly there. Sting didn't take too many bumps and I loved that spot where he was just absorbing everyone kicks while putting on the Scorpion Deathlock.

Lastly, I loved that finish with Sting using the Black Mist on Malakai. I'm a big Malakai Black fan, not sure of what's going on with him, but I think for a match where the faces get a retaliatory win over the heels, this worked for me. Sting is someone who is familiar with getting the spit mist in the face. It was nice to see the older veteran get one over on the heels this time using their own cheating tactics against them, made better by Sting doing because Sting has done it all and seen it all.

I mean if this is it for the House of Black and Malakai, I think it was a good way for them go out. I mean I hope it's not because I think their work is great. But I also hope Malakai takes some time if he needs it. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Log said:

Do the Jags count as professional?

As a Jags fan there is a lot of similarities in how they are both run.

I fully expect Urban Meyer to show up in AEW and Brian Danielson to be traded to the Rams for a 6th round draft pick.

• Haha 4