DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

1 hour ago, ka-to said:

I just came here from Big Blue Interactive message board (NY Football Giants). There are multiple pizza threads going on there now too.

Lookout Landing (Seattle Mariners SB Nation) ran a Best Pizza Topping tournament after the lockout started in which red onion had a Cinderella run.

I am neither saying directly or implying that we should have a DVDVR Best Pizza Topping tourney, ah fuck it, yeah I am, at the risk of getting banished to the Shadow Realm.

• Like 3

ok, so my local Pizza Hut was closed for the 2nd consecutive day, so i caved and offered myself to the DVDVR Pizza gods.

PnUvMWt.jpeg

that's right, i ordered the Little Caesar "Batman Calzony". this is what it looked like (20 mins late i might add):

5EtoDtI.jpeg

it's not very good. batman shape leaves much to be desired. it didn't come with any marinara sauce, even though it showed it on the website (it's entirely possible that i just looked at it wrong, but i was still disappointed). it wasn't cut all the way through so i had to tear at it. the calzone part was fine. kinda plain. the pizza part was just crazy bland and wasn't great. minimal sauce, mediocre cheese. i feel much worse after eating this. i don't recommend this pizza-like food at all.

bonus money shot:

hJzi8kB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Oh man, Vince getting shut down by the feds for hooking people up with fake vax/exemption cards would be the PERFECT ending to a McMahon run WWE.

Judging by his behavior with his lieutenants (i.e. Bruce and others) during the steroid trial and other things over the years, Vince is definitely smart enough to know if you're going to do something dirty or anything bordering on illegal, you don't let anyone else know the crucial details. That way, when it does hit the fan, some patsy can take the fall. It's always been like that. If something happens here, Vince won't go down. They will fire the Vice President of Hair Extensions and Spray Tans or some shit and that person will go to jail. Vince is never the fall guy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Oh shit...

What if this has all been a reverse double swerve to take out Nick Khan and protect Hunter/Steph?

Give Khan all the power. Move Hunter aside. Let Khan run wild in the belief that he's doing it to prep for a sale.

Then when the Feds come in, it's 100% plausible to point the finger at him and say "He ran everything. We had no idea"

Khan gets taken out.

Hunter and Steph get the huge hero comeback to 'save' things.

Vince dies knowing that he's always been 2 steps ahead.

Guys like Nick Khan always find a way out. If this was Pulp Fiction, he's The Wolf. 

If ANYONE out of that three specifically has to do a bid, it would be old Paul Levesque because he ain't blood. He's just in the family on a technicality. Steph is either going to be Winnie Mandela and wait for him to get out or find her a new husband. She's well off financially. She will be alright.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Oh man, Vince getting shut down by the feds for hooking people up with fake vax/exemption cards would be the PERFECT ending to a McMahon run WWE.

Only needs the shocking twist that it was Zahorian writing the fake cards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

anyways.... I just realized after looking at the listings that as a result of their marriage, Brie Bella's legal name is Brianna Danielson. Which is something I never really thought about before.

Brian Danielson and Brianna Danielson. Hell, if Brie ever wanted to work outside WWE, she's got her post-WWE name all set.

I always though the blockbuster looked like you were giving yourself a superplex.  Especially when Buff and Scott Norton were doing the double team off the top rope version.  JTG(?) did a running version to a seated opponent that I thought looked cool.  Didn't Cena do a running blockbuster to a standing opponent in the Thuganomics days?  Called it the Throwback? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That guy goes to jail and Vince just comes back as Food and Beverage Director. 

“Mr. McMahon is a media mogul and the biggest sports entertainment promoter in America! A man who will take you inside the WWE Universe like never before!”

Spoiler

CE08-C19-C-E7-FF-4856-8-C03-166-DA996512

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Judging by his behavior with his lieutenants (i.e. Bruce and others) during the steroid trial and other things over the years, Vince is definitely smart enough to know if you're going to do something dirty or anything bordering on illegal, you don't let anyone else know the crucial details. That way, when it does hit the fan, some patsy can take the fall. It's always been like that. If something happens here, Vince won't go down. They will fire the Vice President of Hair Extensions and Spray Tans or some shit and that person will go to jail. Vince is never the fall guy.

“Shane, my son, my favorite. I’m sorry that I got a little out of hand and fired you. I want you back, in fact I have a VERY IMPORTANT POSITION I need filled immediately that only someone like you can handle”

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Guys like Nick Khan always find a way out. If this was Pulp Fiction, he's The Wolf. 

If ANYONE out of that three specifically has to do a bid, it would be old Paul Levesque because he ain't blood. He's just in the family on a technicality. Steph is either going to be Winnie Mandela and wait for him to get out or find her a new husband. She's well off financially. She will be alright.

This has to be the first time in the history of the world that someone in the McMahon family has been compared to someone in the Mandela family.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Oh shit...

What if this has all been a reverse double swerve to take out Nick Khan and protect Hunter/Steph?

Give Khan all the power. Move Hunter aside. Let Khan run wild in the belief that he's doing it to prep for a sale.

Then when the Feds come in, it's 100% plausible to point the finger at him and say "He ran everything. We had no idea"

Khan gets taken out.

While this is a tremendous idea, these people can't book a coherent storyline from Monday to Monday so I'm going to say this is a no. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, twiztor said:

ok, so my local Pizza Hut was closed for the 2nd consecutive day, so i caved and offered myself to the DVDVR Pizza gods.

PnUvMWt.jpeg

that's right, i ordered the Little Caesar "Batman Calzony". this is what it looked like (20 mins late i might add):

5EtoDtI.jpeg

it's not very good. batman shape leaves much to be desired. it didn't come with any marinara sauce, even though it showed it on the website (it's entirely possible that i just looked at it wrong, but i was still disappointed). it wasn't cut all the way through so i had to tear at it. the calzone part was fine. kinda plain. the pizza part was just crazy bland and wasn't great. minimal sauce, mediocre cheese. i feel much worse after eating this. i don't recommend this pizza-like food at all.

bonus money shot:

hJzi8kB.jpeg

They're apparently going deep with the Batman motif -- the pizza is actually supposed to look like Bane crushed some dude's head.

Winnie Mandela was running with goons and did some jail time for flouting the pass system along with Nelson, though. Stephanie ain't doing time.

Stephanie is more like Oliver Tambo. She'd enter exile and be backchannel leading her part of the company.

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

not sure what the venn diagram looks like between Steroid Enthusiasts and people who are concerned about sticking needles in their bodies. Vince might have an alibi here.

I have seen pictures of people at protests with signs like "Let us Breath" while having a cigarette in their mouths, so I don't think logic plays into this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Oh shit...

Khan gets taken out.

Honestly, for a second (maybe a bit longer) I thought this "Shane has been let go" was some sort of meta "work the smarks" swerve thingy.

I guess there's multiple options for what Vince, a man who abhors sneezing, thinks about a vaccine that could prevent fatal pneumonia, and possibly could also prevent sneezing.

The claims about cigarette smoking or pot smoking and how that interacts with possible Covid is interesting and sorta the opposite of what you'd expect. Like whatever smoking does to your lungs has claimed shotgun and any new dangerous things don't have any room to do work.

Back to the origin of this whole conversation... I suspect Nia Jax doesn't really have any special knowledge about what pro athletes are doing (at least not any more than the rest of us) and if there's pro leagues trying to forge vaccine cards, they're a way bigger fish than the WWE.