DVDVR Message Board

February 2022 - Professional Wrestling Omnibus Discussion

1 hour ago, southofheavy said:

Ever since Deadpool came out, I've been wanting to do pineapple and green olives, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

my wife is a vegetarian and regularly orders this pizza, but she usually gets it with BBQ sauce instead of marinara. We refer to it as the "Deadpool Special".

Yeah, I just watched Steiners vs. Hughes and Vader at Clash 18 and that's gonna have to be one of my favorite openers ever. Not saying it's Bryan/Bray at the Rumble or whatever, but I'd put it a notch above Rockers/Orient Express or what have you.

I am glad to re-visit Mr. Hughes for the purposes of reassessing him, so if people have other suggestions, lay 'em on me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Look, I love Vader/Hughes vs. The Steiners at whatever Clash it was, but Hughes is kinda dull. He was a really good athlete, but his AWA stuff does nothing for me and his Mr. Hughes stuff, barring that tag match where he bumped like a complete lunatic, did nothing for me either. 

is Hughes up there for a guy who people had good reason to see potential in but never really had that sort of run?

I guess Mr. Hughes could have had some more success if he came along 10 years earlier, which sorta goes against the grain for non-white professional wrestlers who usually don't fare better if they're working earlier than they did. But I could see Mr. Hughes being a guy who could just go to another part of the country once they ran out of things for him to do in an area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

If he's going to refer to himself as "Death Daddy" he might catch the attention of Effy or Mike Parrow who would probably oblige him.

Bad Idea not man alive who can lick Effy in a Daddy Death Match. In fact the only man he lies down for is his hot husband back at the hotel after he celebrates his victory.

18 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Where would the Buff Blockbuster rank for a move that hasn't really been done much in the last 20 years? you'd think it's as plausible as some moves that came along in the 2000s

I want to say Hurricane was doing for a bit. Anyway its a cool move. Buff and Ahmed Johnson to me kinda had similar career trajectories. Both had good looks/ builds, athletic (Johnson could do Topes) and cool finishers (the Pearl River Plunge was cool as hell as was that sit out front suplex he did). two guys who had most of the pieces but couldn't put them together   

• Like 1

with the difference that Ahmed sorta benefitted from developing off of the radar in Dallas and bursting into the WWF, and Buff was around WCW for like 5 years before he really got going. So Buff is sorta like the baseball prospect who gets really good in year 4/5 after flirting with being nontendered early in their career.

• Like 2

Hurricane started doing the Buff Blockbuster because Bagwell was a dick to him. So he added Buff's finisher to his arsenal, as a move that gets a one count.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

looking at the Missouri database of licensed "Wrestling Contestants" since they added everybody who got a license for the Royal Rumble (don't worry, Missouri's commission doesn't care about Johnny Knoxville's self-proclaimed brain damage as long as the check clears). Thanks to AEW and WWE and various people, there's now 715 licensed "wrestling contestants" in the state of Missouri with most of the WWE/AEW bulk licensees being listed with Stanford CT and Jacksonville FL under "City, State"

anyways.... I just realized after looking at the listings that as a result of their marriage, Brie Bella's legal name is Brianna Danielson. Which is something I never really thought about before.

34 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

looking at the Missouri database of licensed "Wrestling Contestants" since they added everybody who got a license for the Royal Rumble (don't worry, Missouri's commission doesn't care about Johnny Knoxville's self-proclaimed brain damage as long as the check clears). Thanks to AEW and WWE and various people, there's now 715 licensed "wrestling contestants" in the state of Missouri with most of the WWE/AEW bulk licensees being listed with Stanford CT and Jacksonville FL under "City, State"

anyways.... I just realized after looking at the listings that as a result of their marriage, Brie Bella's legal name is Brianna Danielson. Which is something I never really thought about before.

Technically, her storyline name is Brianna Bryan.

23 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Is there a Death Valley Pizza Review message board? I bet there's someone over there annoyed how all they're doing is talking about wrestling in this month's thread. 'Who gives a shit about missile dropkicks, has anyone tried that Little Ceaser's batman pizza??'

I just came here from Big Blue Interactive message board (NY Football Giants). There are multiple pizza threads going on there now too.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Nia Jax going out of her way to torch as many bridges as possible.  Never mind her anti Vax stances.  Now she snitching that most of the people she knew had fake vaccination cards.  A federal crime by the way

She's about to get a knock on her door from some quite unpleasant people.  

• Like 2

if you're letting Nia Jax in on your criminal scheme, it's a wonder that you haven't been popped yet

Suspect that Nia, if she was smart, would go with "I heard this was going on but I don't know anything specific" under the hope that there's not anything that would directly open the door to being charged with lying to the FBI

• Like 1