DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2020 WRESTLING CHAT.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaahnah.

Hey, if it's Lio Rush tweeting that he hates country music and dumb people who drive pickup trucks the reaction from a few people here would be quite different. 

Plus, with all the racism in wrestling, it's odd that you and @Raziel are always front line for the defense team. Why is that..

18 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hey, if it's Lio Rush tweeting that he hates country music and dumb people who drive pickup trucks the reaction from a few people here would be quite different. 

Plus, with all the racism in wrestling, it's odd that you and @Raziel are always front line for the defense team. Why is that..

I mean, you're usually a dumb fuck and hands down the worst poster on this board since Cinbernetico got Cashed, but tripling down on this dumb shit because you think you're dunking on people is just sad.  Its sad.  Get help, I'm serious.   You have an issue if you hate a wrestler this much that you'll get this unhinged over a nothing troll story.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I don't think pro wrestling has ever recovered from The Rock. Post-Rock, it's like, we just saw a legit movie star with A-List charisma be entertaining as fuck even with dumb catchphrases and throw-away segments. I think that for many people, casual fans, at least, it was all over after that. We're never getting that shit again unless we're really, really, really lucky.

Hogan and Austin are mega-stars in the business, and getting that is hard enough. Getting a legit A-List movie star on a fucking pro wrestling show is just too much. How can you go back to the typical acting and charisma level of your average wrestler after that? It's not the sole reason that wrestling is in a slump stateside, but I think that it's definitely a key reason. 

Honestly, that also can be said for a problem in-ring as well, because for the same reasons that pro wrestling hasn't recovered from having The Rock, in-ring wrestling can't really recover from Brock Lesnar. Post-Lesnar, it's like, we just saw a guy who had an amazing physique who radiated "this is a monster you don't want to mess with", was a powerhouse who could throw anyone around,  was a legitimate enough tough guy that he could become the UFC Heavyweight Champion and prove to be one of the greatest legit fighters on the planet, and in addition to being a powerhouse, he had legitimate enough amateur chops to be one of the better scientific wrestlers in the company.

Just like getting a legitimate A-List movie star on a pro wrestling show is too much after The Rock, after a person like Brock Lesnar comes into pro wrestling, how can you go back to the monster heel method of "this is a 300-plus pound guy or 6'9''+ guy who can walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. We'll bring him in for about six months, have him run roughshod, then feed him to the ace of the company- and if it clicks, maybe keep him around. If not, no harm done?" after that?  

Smoke clears, you have less good monster heels, and less good monster heels, then suddenly the biggest array of dragons for the hero to slay dries up.

30 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I mean, you're usually a dumb fuck and hands down the worst poster on this board since Cinbernetico got Cashed, but tripling down on this dumb shit because you think you're dunking on people is just sad.  Its sad.  Get help, I'm serious.   You have an issue if you hate a wrestler this much that you'll get this unhinged over a nothing troll story.

Lol @ unhinged. I am quite relaxed. I never resort to name calling and insults, that's what a lack of education bought you.

WWE injury updates

Jimmy Uso blew out his knee. Looking at being out 6-9 months

Kevin Owens said he either sprained or slightly fractured his ankle. However, he seemed to indicate he could still work if he wanted to but he choose to stay with his family and not be at the current tapings.

Both injuries were suffered during Mania matches.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• RIPPA unlocked this topic
18 hours ago, BurningBeard said:

I’m getting drunk and watching Chi-town Rumble 89 because, well, it’s Saturday. Mike Rotunda just won the TV title by raising his shoulder when him and Rick Steiner both had theirs down on the mat. The next match is Luger v Windham and has the same finish. Who booked this shit? 

I am pretty sure that finish was a George Scott special.

• Like 1

Formerly The Revival's new first names - Dax and Cash - are a direct rhyming reference to Demolition's names. So expect them to add a third member named Mush Crumpton or something soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, AxB said:

Formerly The Revival's new first names - Dax and Cash - are a direct rhyming reference to Demolition's names. So expect them to add a third member named Mush Crumpton or something soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

WWE injury updates

Jimmy Uso blew out his knee. Looking at being out 6-9 months

Kevin Owens said he either sprained or slightly fractured his ankle. However, he seemed to indicate he could still work if he wanted to but he choose to stay with his family and not be at the current tapings.

Both injuries were suffered during Mania matches.

If there's ever a WWE documentary about the Usos, the injury history is going to be a big part.

I just discovered the “Rick Rude taking atomic drops” twitter account and it might be the greatest thing that’s ever been on Twitter.

its @RickRudeSells

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I just discovered the “Rick Rude taking atomic drops” twitter account and it might be the greatest thing that’s ever been on Twitter.

its @RickRudeSells

Coincidentally, I watched the 8-21-89 episode of Prime Time Wrestling yesterday. Rude took on Tim Horner.  Rude gave Horner loads of offense, and did his classic atomic drop sell twice; once for the regular version and the other for the inverted version. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I can definitely see Owens getting buried/humiliated when he returns, to serve as an example to others who didn't want to work during the shutdown.

Maybe he gets massacred by Stroman upon his return, or maybe Vince forces him to do the "dancing fool" gimmick he had worked up for The Revival.

Edited by Southside Jim
  • Like 2