DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Guess we're gonna need weekly threads over here.  The night half the internet has been waiting for is here.   The card:

Cody Rhodes vs. Sammy Guevara

For the AEW Women's Championship -- Nyla Rose vs. Riho

Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Chris Jericho & two mystery partners

Adam "Hangman" Page vs. PAC

MJF vs. Brandon Cutler

I'm sure there will be a 'shocking' debut.   

17 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I wonder what will be the first match in Dynamite history? And what do they put on last? Jericho/Elite I'm assuming? Or do they make a statement and crown the women's champion to end their premier episode?

Wasn't it already announced that Cody vs. Sammy will be the first match?

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it’s Cody first, the Elite last, probably Hangman/PAC at the top of the second hour.  I’m expecting that one to be great.

I kinda wish they’d found a better opponent for Cody, though.  Or at last a heel of comparable size.  Sammy is going to look ridiculous in there with Cody.  Gonna be a really great first look for all those new viewers when he comes down the aisle in his panda shit.  The company might be dead the moment Cody sells for him.

Of course, I also just don’t like Sammy in general.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, EVA said:

Gonna be a really great first look for all those new viewers when he comes down the aisle in his panda shit.

Has he ever explained what the deal is with the panda stuff? He looks like an asshole when he wears it, and it only serves to make me think of the goofy-ass bear jacket that Blake wears on that episode of Workaholics. Except it's supposed to be a goof on the show, and Guevara seems to think it makes him look like a big tough panda, so it's real fucking dumb.

I can't stand Sammy the character, so I think he's doing a good job. But I have never understood the panda deal.

10 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I can't stand Sammy the character, so I think he's doing a good job. But I have never understood the panda deal.

It is legit because he just likes pandas

He has done few interviews where he says basically that pandas are his favorite animal and since he puts a lot of himself into his character - he has pandas on everything

• Like 2

I can't remember is the NXT TV still starting with that WE ARE NOT YOUR KIND song?  if so that make the rainbows explode on all impact even more funny to me.

Oh and yes another company that uses nu-metal for their opening theme music.

Edited by hammerva

All of the rainbows exploding into dust makes me thing that this is wrestling crossed with a color run.

If you're not familiar with a color run, it's usually a 5k or around a 5k and along the way people throw different colored powders onto you. Look it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I don't even want to know what the other half of the internet has been waiting for.

Spoiler

Half of the other half is waiting for bukkake videos. It's a bukkake bonanza! More bukkake than you can shake your stick at!  For the other half of the half, it's scheizer videos.  By the time you're done, you'll look like Al Jolson if he were covered in feces.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie