DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/2/2019

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, EVA said:

MJF’s music should be a knockoff of the SUCCESSION theme.  Prove me wrong.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss

And for those of you who don't know, check it out /kriskross

• Thanks 1

Having stepped away from wwe programming for a number years I tuned in once and saw Jack Swagger on my television set and thought ‘nothing to see here’.  Did he improve what seemed to me to be a weak game?  Is he greater than the sum of a tag like ‘wwe reject’?

Also, no need to look backwards for a music theme producer - nobody was ever really that good (save for the Derringer classics).  Get a good music supervisor alongside a capable studio hand.  And enough of the ‘butt rock’.  Be an alternative - that could mean as little as using more hip hop based intros.

ps Saw a portion of an impact episode and was impressed by Rich Swann’s classic minnesota sound intro music.  More of stuff like that please.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

I am legit going to have to start another thread because we are three pages deep and the show is still like 12 hours away but everyone had to get the music clips in...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Slipknot still rulez. But that intro music is fucking awful and I hate hate hate it. The video is nice and all but fuck that song.

100% agree with the Succession idea.

I like the song they're using but "Unsainted" is so much better IMO.  And the intro for that Takeover was pretty damn neat.

Before Rippa potentially makes a new thread I'm pretty sure AJ's country theme and "Longnecks and Rednecks" songs were licensed as I've heard both elsewhere.  I know the latter was used for that country Jersey Shore-type show that Austin hosted on CMT.  But both are pretty damn great.  And TNA's in-house music had some good shit that still holds up.

As for the show, I'm so fucking excited to be going tomorrow.  Can't wait to get there.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am legit going to have to start another thread because we are three pages deep and the show is still like 12 hours away but everyone had to get the music clips in...

Uh, it's a little more than 12 hours away. It's tomorrow night.

They’ve been phoning in BTE, for the most part, for the past several months, presumably because they’re saving all the good storylines for TV.  It has not been a good time to jump on board.  But if you go back a year or so ago, there’s a lot of fun stuff going on.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 3

I'd love to see his reaction to the Adam Page/Joey Ryan saga on BTE that culminated at All In last year. Either you hated that, or you loved it. There's really no middle ground that I've seen.

EDIT: By the way, the usual weekly Countdown that's on YouTube will actually be on TNT, tonight, at 8/7c. They're going to reveal Jericho's mystery partners. Which we all know who they are anyway - and the blur effect on them in the 30 second promo trailer for Countdown doesn't hide them that well either. Jericho and Schiavone have already spoiled it on their podcasts anyway.

Edited by Casey

42 minutes ago, Casey said:

EDIT: By the way, the usual weekly Countdown that's on YouTube will actually be on TNT, tonight, at 8/7c. They're going to reveal Jericho's mystery partners. Which we all know who they are anyway - and the blur effect on them in the 30 second promo trailer for Countdown doesn't hide them that well either. Jericho and Schiavone have already spoiled it on their podcasts anyway.

This is what I was thinking of!

Yes! That is my story!

44 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'd love to see his reaction to the Adam Page/Joey Ryan saga on BTE that culminated at All In last year. Either you hated that, or you loved it. There's really no middle ground that I've seen.

That Cody 'horror' short was spectacular.  Page/Ryan is the next best?  I'll check it out. 

Man, if Jake Hager is the "surprise" for tomorrow, then that's going to be like opening up a Sega CD on Christmas morning instead of a SNES. I've never been a fan of the guy and always thought he sucked. I'd rather the surprise be just a good two hours of wrestling and storylines. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man, if Jake Hager is the "surprise" for tomorrow, then that's going to be like opening up a Sega CD on Christmas morning instead of a SNES. I've never been a fan of the guy and always thought he sucked. I'd rather the surprise be just a good two hours of wrestling and storylines. 

If Hager is the "best" option for a surprise, I'd wait a month until Marty is free for the big surprise debut. Two hours of a solid wrestling show is better than a "ho-hum" surprise like Hager. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EVA said:

They’ve been phoning in BTE, for the most part, for the past several months, presumably because they’re saving all the good storylines for TV.  It has not been a good time to jump on board.  But if you go back a year or so ago, there’s a lot of fun stuff going on.

Joey's murder and the exorcism of Cody were my favorite storylines on BTE.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Hager is the "best" option for a surprise, I'd wait a month until Marty is free for the big surprise debut. Two hours of a solid wrestling show is better than a "ho-hum" surprise like Hager. 

This is what I had in mind too. Of course, they have to actually sign Marty and you'd think that's where Marty will end up considering all of his friends are there, but the Bucks, Kenny, Cody, and the rest also seem like guys who would totally understand him taking his shot and going to NXT, being the shiny new toy there for 6 months to a year, and then fading into obscurity.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

If I have to choose between Jake Hager and DVDVR's pick(s) of Ryback or Chris Masters, I'm going with Hager.

I don't know if Ryback was ever rated above Swagger around here (Masters definitely was)

I always felt that Swagger and Ryback both fell into that "guys that people were trying to will into bigger stars" category.

In fact - I seem to remember a real SWAGGER IS THE MVP OF MAIN EVENT~! push for awhile

Either way - I would rather watch Swagger vs. Rusev again than Ryback/Punk

• Like 2

I'm just going off the names thrown around in the September AEW thread, in response to this very rumor and who people rather see instead. Masters and Ryback were mentioned, since Harper is on WWE TV for now until he (most likely) leaves next year.

Wardlow's debut is imminent as well but he's one of those hoss types that can move like a smaller guy, so there's that.

Killer Kross was another dude I thought about showing up, but I have no idea what his contractual status with Impact is.

What I really, really, really don't want is the lame TNA shit of, "WE KNOW WHO THAT IS!" That's going to make this feel low rent pretty fast, which is why I don't want it to be Hager. Or Masters or Ryback or any other dead meat. WWE castoff or TNA castoff or whatever castoff is a lame description. Not everyone is a castoff and labeling someone that reduces their worth and value. But if you're basically just dead meat, you don't have any worth or value. You're just another Shawn Spears type of dude.