DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXV - April 7, 2019

Nah, the bathrooms at MetLife aren't that far from most of the seats, and you can get there during any 5 minute video package.

Now getting Coffee at MetLife...

22 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Nah, the bathrooms at MetLife aren't that far from most of the seats, and you can get there during any 5 minute video package.

Now getting Coffee at MetLife...

I've never been to MetLife,  a couple of my buddies have as they are Giants fans.  This will be a new stadium experience for me,  I've heard there is decent food options. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I have to remind you I will BE THERE for all 147 matches.  I'll need coffee. I should just wear a catheter. 

There are already several piss break worthy matches so as long as they're spaced out among the card you should be fine.

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 1

The idea that two days of WrestleMania would be better is hilarious.  They'd do it in two different cities and each show would still be 8 hours long.  Ain't nobody got time for two days and 16 hours of WrestleMania.  They got like 300 people under contract.  Some people just gonna have to stay their ass back in catering like they do every week.

No Raw Tag Team Championship match.  Give them 30 the next night on Raw.  No US Championship Match.

0A.  Cruiserweight Championship

0B.  SD Women's Championship with Asuka/Rose/Deville

1.  Open main show with the Andre The Giant Abandon Ship Battle Royal with Finn Balor demon entrance.  Get the Strowman/SNL shit done here too.

2.  Cancel the Fabulous Hoopla battle royal.  Replace it with the Women's Tag Team Championship Stevie Ray YakDown Invitational Gauntlet Match.  Champs start against 1 team with a new team entering every minute.  No tags cause who needs those in a tag team match.  Eliminations can occur via pinfall, submission, or one member of a team being thrown over the top rope to the floor.  And no DQs so maybe go over to special guest commentator Stevie Ray and ax him for that slapjack and then get ready to turn up cause it's gonna be on like a steaming pot of neckbone, sucka!

3.  SD Tag Team Championship with The Usos defending in the Booker T. Fave Five Aw Shucky Ducky Quack Quack Invitational Usos Penitentiary Steel Cage Match against The Hardys, The New Day, The Bar, The Club, Rusev/Nakamura, and Heavy Machinery.  Booker T. can't count, bless his heart.  The only way to win is when both members of a team escape the cage and touch the floor.  Now can you dig that, sucka!

4.  WWE WHC D-Brine v. Kofi Kingston

5.  Shane McMahon vs. Miz in the Best In The World Bunkhouse Match with Vince McMahon chained to George Mizanin at ringside like they're on work release on Col. Parker's plantation.  And speak of the devil, after Shane and Miz are both down from clocking each other with cowbells, a UTV comes zooming to ringside and Col. Parker gets out from behind the wheel followed by THE MONSTER MENG who gives a double Tongan Death Grip to Vince and George while BUNKHOUSE BUCK loads the BITW trophy into the UTV and The Stud Stable drive off with Col. Parker officially declaring BUNKHOUSE BUCK as THE BEST IN THE WORLD cause possession is nine tenths of the law, baby!

6.  Then you settle things down a little with Elias.  Who gets interrupted by Cena.  Who gets attacked by Lashley and McIntyre.  And out comes Reigns and Angle and now you can holla cause it's a 6-man tag team match, player.

7.  35-minutes of Triple H jacking off guest starring Dave Bautista.

8.  Styles v. Orton

9.  Bork v. Rollins

10.  Raw Women's 3-way.

And that's still too damn many matches.

Edited by BEN!
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I have to remind you I will BE THERE for all 147 matches.  I'll need coffee. I should just wear a catheter. 

You'll be between NYC and Newark, so it won't be hard to go this route.

Spoiler

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BEN! said:

No Raw Tag Team Championship match.  Give them 30 the next night on Raw.  

Big yes on this. You got that hot crowd after Mania. Give some undervalued undercard guys and gals a chance to make some noise.

Last year, I'd have had the post-Raw Mania headlined by a 25 minute Sasha-Bayley match. It was clear they were getting nothing at Mania itself. 

• Like 2

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning - the original plan for the women's tag title match at Mania was the champs defending in a 4 way against a Raw team, a SDL team and a NXT team

So either Nattie/Beth have replaced the NXT team or it will be a 5 way with (most likely) the Sky Pirates

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer on the radio show this morning - the original plan for the women's tag title match at Mania was the champs defending in a 4 way against a Raw team, a SDL team and a NXT team

So either Nattie/Beth have replaced the NXT team or it will be a 5 way with (most likely) the Sky Pirates

I love Sky Pirates as much as the next guy but they are very unnecessary for this match and card. Leave them off and get a two on two title defense at the tapings would be my vote.

12 hours ago, BEN! said:

7.  35-minutes of Triple H jacking off guest starring Dave Bautista.

35 minutes is a very conservative time frame.  I say HHH's entrance will be at least 8 minutes, and the pre-match stall will go another 8-10.  The post match hug and show of respect/bow down to Hunter will be another 8 minutes.  Plus DX is being inducted into the HOF, so we know they need to interfere and spend a good 6 minutes hitting whatever signature moves they are still capable of.  When you add in all the chin locks, I say this match is a broadway.  

• Like 1

For the record, I genuinely feel bad for Baron Corbin.  Dude seems like a good guy, is apparently busting his ass, does everything they ask of him, and draws a ton of heel heat.  And he's roundly shit on by everyone. 

For everyone that complains that they don't build up feuds and that this Mania is the worst build up since whenever...  Here's a blow off of a feud that has *genuinely* been built for the last year, and now people want Cena in there because Corbin doesn't "deserve" it or some shit.  

I just feel the need to point this out.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For the record, I genuinely feel bad for Baron Corbin.  Dude seems like a good guy, is apparently busting his ass, does everything they ask of him, and draws a ton of heel heat.  And he's roundly shit on by everyone. 

This is all true. My problems with Baron Corbin have nothing to do with Baron Corbin.

• Like 6

For the record - both Meltzer and Mike Johnson said that Angle vs. Corbin was/is not intended to be a swerve. However - the fact that the WWE immediately acknowledged the negative feedback could lead to a change in direction

Johnson even stated that Angle had hoped for a "more high profile" opponent (hence his wife's original tweet)

Angle's mania opponent announcement on Youtube is sitting at 11000 dislikes as of now. For someone of Angle's caliber he shouldn't be bowing out against Corbin but it does make sense as Dolfan pointed out. If Corbin can throw his NXT working boots on it could be good, that's if the fans in the stadium don't outright reject the entire thing which you know they will.

I admire Angle not politicking his way out of the match.

Edited by Rick

If Corbin comes out with a new presentation (ie not the waiter outfit) and busts his ass, it could work. Angle putting over a new villain would be the right move too. I think Baron has the ability to pull it off, it's a matter of whether they give it a real shot or not. Otherwise, a quick tap out and Cena answering an open challenge seems appropriate.

Also, the fact Corbin is still dressed like a biker bar strip club manager has to be a rib, right?

The problem with the Corbin/Angle blow-off is that the feud has barely existed in any real way for months. This iteration of the Corbin character had the perfect write-off with the match against Braun at TLC (I think?). Then they redid it the next night on Raw. That was ostensibly Angle's revenge. Then Corbin beat Angle clean. They were involved in a couple of multi-mans, but that was really just to build up Corbin for the Shield. Corbin, in general, needed a new direction after losing his authority, or probably just to be kept off TV for a good while.

For the record, I like Corbin more than I like Angle. But even I think Angle deserves better than this.

I have no issue with Corbin the person and unless proven wrong I haven't seen others think otherwise.  It does seem a lot more to be compared to other potential opponents he's the least interesting option even if it does make sense.  But I give him credit for doing his best considering the shit they've had him do.

But one other thing with Kurt is if he were to have a match with Cena or anybody else who's to say it would be good?  He's pretty much broken down and it's not fair to expect he'd have the classic match that people would hope for (haven't seen his match last night yet)  If he has a match with Corbin people will have lowered expectations.  So if it ends up being great then that'll be a pleasant surprise.