DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Ventura was well better than Heenan, if you consider them solely in terms of their WCW work. Peak Heenan was great, but he has an awful lot of late career terrible performances where he wasn't trying. Even when he was brought back for that wrestlemania battle royal, he went straight into Nitro autopilot, calling Mean Gene 'Tony' and that. Whilst Jesse was always good.

Jesse was really bad at times in WCW as well, culminating in him basically throwing a fit on air on ppv over them hiring Hogan.

Which actually was hilarious, other then him hanging poor Tony out to dry.

Jesse was smart enough to see the writing on the wall with Hogan’s hire. Vince was able to keep Hogan in check, Eric on the other hand, not so much. Would’ve been interesting if he stayed around during the Monday Night Wars. Maybe he would’ve been in Zbyszko’s role bashing the NWO.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I have a similar concern that I may not be able to afford going to WM again, but I know a bunch of you are going. How are any of you affording it, or are you all just getting tickets to WM and not messing around with any of these packages?

I'd love to go a midwest WM again, but I can't imagine spending $1500+ on tickets to Takeover, WM, Raw, etc.

Hell - I can barely afford to stream everything I'm going to want to see over WrestleMania weekend, let alone even think about going to it.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, olythegreat89 said:

Jesse was smart enough to see the writing on the wall with Hogan’s hire. Vince was able to keep Hogan in check, Eric on the other hand, not so much. Would’ve been interesting if he stayed around during the Monday Night Wars. Maybe he would’ve been in Zbyszko’s role bashing the NWO.

Oh God, that would’ve been amazing. Way better than Zbyszko’s “New World Oder”. ...And we know for fucks sure in the past 5 years Jesse legit was always suspicious about the New World Order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh God, that would’ve been amazing. Way better than Zbyszko’s “New World Oder”. ...And we know for fucks sure in the past 5 years Jesse legit was always suspicious about the New World Order.

Very true!

That's a great what if for Ventura. If he stayed with WCW and was in Larry's spot of standing up to the NWO. Would Jesse have wrestled in that situation? I know he has the blood clots issue, but I kinda doubt he would have been doing heavy bumping. It was Jesse after all.

8 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

That's a great what if for Ventura. If he stayed with WCW and was in Larry's spot of standing up to the NWO. Would Jesse have wrestled in that situation? I know he has the blood clots issue, but I kinda doubt he would have been doing heavy bumping. It was Jesse after all.

I'm pretty sure that Jesse's blood clot issue was along the lines of "if you wrestle, there's a good chance that you will die", level of seriousness. Even when he wrestled full-time he was hardly a bump machine. Like I said before, in the East/West Connection, Adonis did all the heavy lifting for the team, Ventura looked kind of impressive, but really didn't do much. In his film roles there's always a stunt double or three, pretty sure he has to be extremely careful what he does.

Sorry to break in on the announcer discussion but the side tangent story in the Arn Anderson report

Fightful soon after reported that Alicia Fox was offered rehab, but instead went absent to the extent that several in the company had no idea if she was offered rehab or where she was. She has not competed in a match since February 10, when he teamed with Mickie James and Nikki Cross in a losing effort against Bayley, Dana Brooke and Natalya.

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

I know a bunch of you are going. How are any of you affording it, or are you all just getting tickets to WM and not messing around with any of these packages?

I didn't feel the package would be worth it.  NYC metro area is about a 2 hour drive for us.  I got the presale codes for WrestleMania tickets and got them that morning. We got NXT tickets the morning they went on sale and then got tickets for NJPW/ROH on the secondary market. On tickets alone I spent about $600 in total after fees and taxes. 

14 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

They show up for work sober.

Still their drinking escapades have me thinking they need to be sent a message to lay off the sauce. But then I think they may be afraid to do that again after what happened to Jamal.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Drinking on your own time as a legal adult is your own business. If you show up to a job out of sorts; then, it becomes a company problem and a potential legal nightmare.

• Like 1

Hartford (specifically the XL Center) will be home to this year's Money in the Bank

It is like they are going out of their way to not run a PPV in Boston

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hartford (specifically the XL Center) will be home to this year's Money in the Bank

It is like they are going out of their way to not run a PPV in Boston

This is crazy.  I'm going to Mania and all that in April ,  tickets for MITB go on sale March 8th.  I cannot justify spending that much on WWE tickets in such a short time frame. 

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My belief is if you fire Arn, then you need to fire Alicia Fox. If she doesn't show up in no condition to work, Arn doesn't ultimately make the wrong decision. Road Dogg got fired for the same thing.

My only counter to this would be that Alicia may need help. Arn is the sober adult in this conversation and that's not good. (And believe me, Arn is my favorite wrestler of all time, so I'm not coming from that place). 

• Like 1