DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is I Don't Fear That Bitch - 2/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Coach is fucking terrible. I mean, he actually said Miz never complains, and not in a heel Bobby Heenan kind of way. I miss Booker T so much. He was inane and senseless but at least he was never boring.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Coach is fucking terrible. I mean, he actually said Miz never complains, and not in a heel Bobby Heenan kind of way. I miss Booker T so much. He was inane and senseless but at least he was never boring.

Coach sounds like he's been completely out of the loop at times. Like you listen to him and you swear he hasn't watched anything the WWE has done from when he left until he came back.

44 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Coach sounds like he's been completely out of the loop at times. Like you listen to him and you swear he hasn't watched anything the WWE has done from when he left until he came back.

I could buy that, but he was fucking horrible on commentary before he left as well. He was a decent backstage interviewer, and I imagine he'd be better on the pre-shows and such where he could be ESPN Coach.

But he's so bad.

Coach was basically rewarded with this gig by WWE for not having enough integrity to report on the bullying allegations stuff impartially while he was at ESPN right? He's straight up terrible, he has this air of completely unearned arrogance/perceived seniority, and just seems to make up motivations and strategic implications for the wrestlers based on his as-noted very limited knowledge of current wrestling

Booker T...was good, and could pull off the random against-the-grain observations by being a) entertaining and b) having been in the ring

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Bayley and Sasha have opted for the classic WWE "All women have no alignment, they're just crazy and hate each other" feud.

I think this is a pretty simplistic take.  Sasha has been clearly frustrated and edging towards being more aggressive in order to get back to the top of the card.  Bayley has taken the brunt of that aggression and is no longer willing to play nice and get taken advantage of because she's an independent actor and has desires and goals of her own.  The characters have been tied together forever and have evolved together as natural rivals.   I'm not sure what is crazy about it.

Now the Smackdown womens division is another story.  It's crazy nothing is happening on that show.

• Like 2

Just now, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Where was Lesnar? 

It appears that Lesnar is doing exactly what he did 3 years ago when his contract was up and is starting to be a pain

Per Meltzer - if everything goes up in smoke with Lesnar (regarding his contract negotiation) Braun is the backup plan (and why Braun is no longer getting the IC title shot)

Braun is also the backup plan if somehow all this Reigns PED stuff is true

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Bayley's post-match interview.  

Bayley: “I have my reasons.”

Young Boy Tom: “Yeah, we’ve all seen you constantly stabbed in the back by basically everyone who has ever been your friend. Hell, even Izzy dresses like Alexa Bliss sometimes.”

Also, I wonder what the backup plan is if the PED thing blows up AND Brock flakes.

Braun is the back up plan for Mania vs. Reigns? If so, count me the hell in. 

I was going to post about Brock the other day but does Brock have that much leverage with Ronda coming in? with Vince looking to cut costs and given how Brock hardly moves the needle anymore Vince clearly has the higher ground in those negotiations. Ronda is worth all the gold at the minute.

I wouldn't miss Brock. There isn't anyone I want to see him wrestle. He's coasted for years. AJ had a great match with him but that's exception to the rule. 

• Like 1

Brock vs Daniel Bryan is the only Brock match left and that's not happening in WWE. They may not be able to effectively replace Cena with Roman, but they've done a fantastic job with replacing Brock with Braun. If they wait too long he'll lose that aura so maybe plan B/C would actually be for the best.

Did Cena actually tell the crowd "Now you know what disappointment feels like" (after announcing he was challenging the Undertaker, then saying the powers that be wouldn't make the match) or did I mishear that?

I had no idea bitter troll John Cena could be a viable gimmick.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It appears that Lesnar is doing exactly what he did 3 years ago when his contract was up and is starting to be a pain

Per Meltzer - if everything goes up in smoke with Lesnar (regarding his contract negotiation) Braun is the backup plan (and why Braun is no longer getting the IC title shot)

Braun is also the backup plan if somehow all this Reigns PED stuff is true

So plan B is Braun vs Roman and plan C...

...is Braun vs Braun. 

Davey Richards is calling gimmick infringement if they wrestle that match inside a steel Braun Strowman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

I don't understand - they don't have Lesnar under contract through Wrestlemania?

They do. He's either being a pain in the ass while they're trying to promote the biggest show of the year or they're making it appear that way to play off the last time he negotiated a new contract. Brock's business. Roman's not going to get nailed to the wall for any PED stuff. I don't think the match is really in jeopardy, and even if it was they have plenty of other viable matches to close the show if Braun has to be subbed in last minute. 

• Like 1

Doesn't Brock's contract run out right after WM?

2 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

How is Rollins not any part of this potential Plan B scenario considering he's finally gotten to the level they need him to be at? 

Meltzer has said that Vince "doesn't trust" Rollins to be the man, for some reason or other.

I assume Vince was scared by a crossfitter when he was a baby.