DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is I Don't Fear That Bitch - 2/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I kind of want to see Alexa Bliss and Big Show feud over who has the best knock-out punch.

I'd book it like Show/Mayweather, except instead of Money's entourage all of the interference is from middle aged men in Little Miss Bliss shirts running into the ring screaming, "I'll save you, milady," and then being wrecked by Show. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

He should have just gone full Lex Luger and gotten a steel plate implanted in his forearm.

Alexa should get the steel plate implant and start traveling across the country in her own bus, the ALEXA Express. Meanwhile, Nia Jax starts representing Japan as a female sumo champion. This isn't difficult, the story practically writes itself.

On 2/27/2018 at 6:43 AM, RIPPA said:

It appears that Lesnar is doing exactly what he did 3 years ago when his contract was up and is starting to be a pain

Per Meltzer - if everything goes up in smoke with Lesnar (regarding his contract negotiation) Braun is the backup plan (and why Braun is no longer getting the IC title shot)

Braun is also the backup plan if somehow all this Reigns PED stuff is true

Boy it almost sounds like they should just give it to Braun. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Presence matters or else we could pretend Matt Sydal could be working a similar style with a similar offensive arsenal to Taz and it would come off just as well. (Come to think of it, that hits on some of the Young Bucks' worst tendencies; pulling Road Warriors style double team power moves out of their asses in between super kick parties.)  Never mind character consistency, physical build, presence or demeanor, Taz and Sydal are the same height. Sasha Banks is three inches taller than Asuka and nobody would look at the two and have the first thing pop in their head that Sasha is so much larger than Asuka. 

The DDT works great for Bliss precisely because of the low hang she executes it with due to her stature. It should be the move she catches prone opponents with.  Bliss is the only female with a knockout punch while Reigns and Big Show are the male workers with the same killshot capabilities. See the disconnect there? Smallest worker with the most manipulative weaselly conniving character also just happens to have the only instant knockout strike in the division. Why exactly? To stack the deck in favor of somebody whose character at all other times is a smart ass clever little coward that is already given a dominant trait by constantly outwitting everybody? Straight up Mary Sue dogshit where not only is Bliss smarter than everybody else. She just happens to hit harder too. Even a short knee strike where Bliss was clutching her bent over opponent by the head would work better and look less random or tacked on. Bliss easily dropping much bulkier wrestlers like Asuka with a standing strike looks like shit. I can't wait for Rhonda to interact with Bliss and just smile at the punch which would be an admission of how absurd and silly it is as one of her signature moves. To me, giving Bliss that kind of offense one would typically relate to dangerous badasses is a much worse fit than even heel Seth Rollins' flashy repertoire.

You are wasting your time, I tried explaining this to Casey and he no sold it. Keep in mind even Taz for most of his ECW run, would not steam roll bigger guys. He would have to out think much larger wrestlers or capitalize on a mistake. 

Also you are dead on about the Bucks. The last Young Bucks match I watched was them teaming with I think Adam Cole vs War Machine and Moose and it was a bunch of ridiculous double teams and shitty super kicks. 

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

The DDT works great for Bliss precisely because of the low hang she executes it with due to her stature. It should be the move she catches prone opponents with.  Bliss is the only female with a knockout punch while Reigns and Big Show are the male workers with the same killshot capabilities. See the disconnect there? Smallest worker with the most manipulative weaselly conniving character also just happens to have the only instant knockout strike in the division. 

I'm a Bliss fan but that punch...yeah...I can do without. I prefer the sneaky conniving opportunist Bliss we had at Elimination Chamber. 

• Like 2

Now here's the obligatory post to note that the Bucks have generally been good in Japan for a long time, and their recent series with RPG3K was as body-part-focused (selling the back in other promotions and other countries) and as psychologically sound as any recent tag team work from anyone else. They can be irritatingly indulgent at times--especially when treating various American indie teams as their own personal Washington Generals--but there are other notes that they can and do play.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Victator said:

You are wasting your time, I tried explaining this to Casey and he no sold it. Keep in mind even Taz for most of his ECW run, would not steam roll bigger guys. He would have to out think much larger wrestlers or capitalize on a mistake. 

Also you are dead on about the Bucks. The last Young Bucks match I watched was them teaming with I think Adam Cole vs War Machine and Moose and it was a bunch of ridiculous double teams and shitty super kicks. 

Asuka is not a bigger wrestler than Alexa Bliss. Like, at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

I guess I don't understand who in 2018 cares enough to buy a ticket and is engaged enough to know that they're supposed to resent and boo Reigns but doesn't engage with this stuff online? Doesn't everyone engage with almost all of their hobbies that they follow that closely in 2018?

There's a whole internet out there on Twitter and Youtube that you don't want to know anything about.  Trust me.  For example, there are dudes who do weekly RAW and SD recaps on YT that have quite a number of weekly viewers and there's a lot of the "Fuck Roman"  stuff on them and if you read the comments (you shouldn't) the people agree with the reviewer.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Asuka is not a bigger wrestler than Alexa Bliss. Like, at all.

Well you missed the point Snackwell made about perception. You could not book Evan Borne to work like Taz and have it work. Asuka has been booked as a killer and took down a much larger woman the night before and was fighting three women alone. But Alexa Bliss hits her with one punch. That works for Big Show or even Tank Abbot in WCW. With Alexa Bliss that is unearned (creatively) bullshit. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

remember Michael P.S. Hayes had a knockout punch,   his left was deadly.  But he was also a little weasel often times and even a coward at times.  I think it's okay for a heel to be a little shit but also be dangerous. 

Hayes was a fairly large man and rarely won matches with a punch. It also looked good. Bliss's punch looked like shit. 

She has some people (including whoever runs Raw) under a spell that makes them see her in a way most of the world doesn't. 

• Like 2

It was a cheap shot punch Asuka wasn't expecting. I know Bliss has finished matches with it before, but from the clip I saw, it came from a scuffle or whatever and blindsided Asuka.

We're obviously not going to agree on this. You two have a problem with it, I don't. That's that.

• Like 1