DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 1/23/2018 - Stop Trying To Make Kami Happen, It's Not Happening

Dolfan in NYC

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I think the most important thing that happened tonight was Tye Dillinger saying he was entering the Royal Rumble. 

When did that happen?

Also I changed it to The Simpsons when they went to commercial during the New Day/Roode vs. Rusev Day/Jinder match intros, and when I came back the match was over.

On the other hand, I did like it when they did it to Scott Hall last night, then to Shane tonight, got the biggest laugh of the night. New trend?

I'm happy to see Sami Zayn win a meaningful match for once on TV. Styles vs. Zayn had a really good TV match. The feud has been pretty good for him overall.  Before his heel turn, I was worried Zayn was getting into house cleaning territory.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I dug the matches though the main event just made me all the more disappointed the RR match isn't just Sami vs. AJ.

Between Owens' back and him selling the knee it will pretty much be AJ vs. Sami with Owens involvement here and there. 

I believe it was. Honestly I like it as a finisher more than the Helluvakick. Together though they made the perfect finishing combo.

Also why the hell isn't Fashion Files still coming on SDL anymore? That segment was so much more entertaining than 90% of the show, and that is from someone who liked the show.

re: Fashion Files

It was a couple of reasons

1) being that they wanted to keep trying traffic to their Youtube channel due to their agreement with Youtube. (Like they are contractually obligated to create exclusive content for their channel)

2) supposedly they were finding it hard to fit it in with everything else they were trying to do. (which is really comically when you look at the stuff that does make the show)

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

1) being that they wanted to keep trying traffic to their Youtube channel due to their agreement with Youtube. (Like they are contractually obligated to create exclusive content for their channel)

There lies one of their biggest problems.  They keep adding places to show exclusive content when they cannot make good content with their current shows.

At some point, you have to take a step back and improve the base content, Raw and Smackdown, before you sign more exclusive content deals.  The more people that watch the base shows the more they flow out to places like the Network, YouTube, and Facebook.  Not the other way around where you create great exclusive content to bring viewers into the garbage content, Raw and Smackdown.

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Was that the first time Sami actually won a match with his Blue Thunder Bomb?

Yep

Looks like it might be his new secondary finisher. I know in the 2k games it is either always a finisher or signature move of his. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 7:02 PM, Infinit said:

Was that the first time Sami actually won a match with his Blue Thunder Bomb?

On 1/24/2018 at 9:52 PM, Hail Sabin said:

Yep

Looks like it might be his new secondary finisher. I know in the 2k games it is either always a finisher or signature move of his. 

I attended a house show in November 2016, Sami Zayn beat Chris Jericho with the Blue Thunder Bomb. Nobody expected that as a finish. I do like Sami's.