DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Kurt's A Dad - 7/17/2017

Dolfan in NYC

Again, watch the Network deal. It's fucking hilarious and makes it work. Cause you know he's gonna go heel and hopefully it leads to both of them going heel.

and I still say that the original idea was to wrap up the Steph/ HHH/ Angle in a "satisfying " way and just like last time HHH put the kibosh on it cause he's smart enough to know that no good comes from marriage break up angles. So he probably came up with this to satisfy Vince and try to get one of his NXT guys over.

• Like 2

I'm not going to lie, I'm really happy they went with the corny Jason Jordan is Kurt's son angle. That's better than Kurt coming out of retirement, Dixie Carter, or whatever other dumb bullshit they could have cooked up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it'll work fine if Kurt is basically gift wrapping opportunities and shit for his son.  Everyone hates the coach's son.  

Study your Erik Watts tapes, kid.

• Like 1

So I just saw a screen shot from Raw Talk and I don't want to read the thread, but hey guys, Shelton Benjamin is Kurt Angle's son now!

Also Big Show is a sad old Carnival giant with one last fight in him and Bo Dallas is Mike Muir.

Two of those three things are pretty awesome.

• Like 1

The thing is that cluelessly doing this is so in line with Kurt's WWE character that it's a scary level of continuity for this company.

33 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think it'll work fine if Kurt is basically gift wrapping opportunities and shit for his son.  Everyone hates the coach's son.  

• Like 1

I skipped the Angle reveal. I'm kind of happy to see Jordan being used though I hate that American Alpha are no longer together.

Bayley/Alexa was nice. Hardys/Revival was solid.

I kind of liked how they handled Rollins & Dean having it out over Rollins betrayal.

Joe/Roman was good again, and I dug Braun destroying both. Definitely looking forward to Summerslam with any combinations of these guys and Brock.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was thinking there's a lot of potential for an Austin Rivers angle here.

I'm also totally buying that "Enzo in the doghouse" story after this week. Holy shit, that was a burial.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This was pretty nasty.  I LOVE The Drifter.  Ten times better than Double J.  Maybe better than Honky.  No, I love Honky.  But I love The Drifter too. 

k5Aq7E.gif

I love how after every Drifter guitar performance, Booker T quietly goes, "he's good."

• Like 1

I don't know if anybody here ever watched Dallas. I watched it on DVD years ago. 

Around season five JR Ewing is blackmailing this government official ,l but they never say what JR is using as blackmail material. At one point the official tried to commit suicide. So at this point, whatever the blackmail material has to be really really bad. They eventually reveal he had molested a kid as a teenager and his parents covered it up. 

So that brings up tp the reveal of the Kurt Angle mystery. The big problem is, what in the world could be worse than things Angle has done publicly, either on TV or real life. 

I find it hard to believe this is the reveal they had planned. It seems like they could not find a good reveal and settled for odd, 

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Jason Jordan is 12 years old?

It's a soap opera. Time can be bended any way the writers choose lol

I enjoyed Alexa/Bayley but I really just want a simple Alexa/Sasha rematch.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Victator said:

I find it hard to believe this is the reveal they had planned. It seems like they could not find a good reveal and settled for odd, 

Yeah, Meltzer thinks they maybe booked this on the fly and couldn't settle on a good reveal.  He thought an affair with Dixie might have been the other option, since he doesn't believe they'd ever run with the Stephanie stuff.

It was kinda amusing listening to Meltzer try to reason his way through the angle.  What is so shocking about this that Angle was afraid he'd lose his career and family if it got out?  If Corey knew all along, why was he so shocked and upset when this angle started?

I'm assuming the shocking part is that Kurt *gasp* has an mixed-race son.  Which is only shocking in 2017 if you're an elderly, doddering white man who is out of touch with the rest of the world.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'm assuming the shocking part is that Kurt *gasp* has an mixed-race son.  Which is only shocking in 2017 if you're an elderly, doddering white man who is out of touch with the rest of the world.

Check the electoral map for more info.