DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Bryan: "This guys asks; 'Are there any lakes in Los Angeles? There's a team, but I'm unsure.' Are there?" 

Dave: "Have you asked Rand McNally?"

Bryan: "They're dead." 

Dave: "Well, I don't know then."

Decent work, but Dave is nowhere near that concise.  Needed 5-6  more instances of "you know" sprinkled liberally about, and maybe a tangent about roller derby.

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Decent work, but Dave is nowhere near that concise.  Needed 5-6  more instances of "you know" sprinkled liberally about, and maybe a tangent about roller derby.

And somehow seguing it into talk about Conor McGregor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

"You know, there may have been plans to put a lake in Los Angeles but you know, it just didn't materialize for whatever reason, you know. I don't think that there are any lakes in Los Angeles but that is of course unconfirmed." 

• Like 6

If he's any good as a wrestler then he has four solid years as a heel.  Kind of a cheap way to do it, but if he finds success good for him.  And Adonis would be a mega face in Kentucky wrestling him.

2 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

"The Raiders moved from Oakland to Los Angeles, then back to Oakland. No one noticed. The Jazz moved to Utah, where they don't allow music."

...and the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas

Because I just stumbled across a new one, I thought I'd share three unrelated but awesome Mark Henry moments that I never saw come up on here.

#1. This is from May

#2. In AJ Lee's book, she talks about an unnamed wrestler harassing her and Mark Henry picking the guy up and putting him in his place and she talks about how amazing Henry is.

#3. The best and most deserving of becoming a DVDVR staple a la Air Bill.

(Henry talking about having a broken ankle and how the other wrestlers were ribbing him by hiding his crutches)

Henry went on to recall being taunted by Shawn Michaels (not the current, born-again HBK, but the Attitude-Era, problem-causing, lost-my-smile-era HBK) after one of those crutch-hidings. According to Henry, Michaels was standing behind Sycho Sid and still making jokes.

The proceeding anecdote by Henry goes as follows:

Shawn is all in my face, like, 'Aw man, big guy, they hid your crutches?' I was like, 'Man, you think this motherf-cker standing in front of you's going to protect you from me? I will rip you off the bone, and then I'm gonna put my foot in your ass.' So Shawn goes to Vince and says, 'this motherf-cker just threatened me.' "

http://www.fightful.com/mark-henry-once-threatened-hbk-i-will-rip-you-bone?utm_medium=Mark+Henry+Once+Threatened+HBK%3A+'I+Will+Rip+You+Off+The+Bone'&utm_campaign=OB-Wrestling-Desktop&utm_source=www.wrestlinginc.com

• Like 7

I put it in the podcast thread when it came out, but I can't stress enough how awesome Mark Henry was on MVP's podcast.  It was from a couple weeks ago and it's Mark talking road stories, backstage adjustments and all kinds of cool shit about movies and sports.  It's called the VIP Lounge and if you like Mark I guarantee you'll love this episode.

Reddit skews way, way younger. Its probably got more in common with a YouTube comment section or Facebook than it does with here. I check it out pretty regularly just cause I'm on Reddit anyway. One thing I noticed that kinda drives me nuts is that they all use the phrase "in kayfabe" to describe anything that happens on TV

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

To be fair, some of us have been posting here for 20+ years. EVERYWHERE skews younger than DVDVR.

HEY! We are still younger than The Other Arena

And because of CRZ and Pieman - I say we are younger than The W

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I felt really old at SmackDown last night when they played a clip of Tyson joining DX in one of their videos and I realized, holy fuck, that was nearly twenty years ago.  

Forgetting Punk won two MITBs isn't helping, either.

Just blame that on your botched dives.

32 minutes ago, Ace said:

To be fair, some of us have been posting here for 20+ years. EVERYWHERE skews younger than DVDVR.

I haven't been here that long but I am almost 30. I notice that Reddit attracts people who are a decade or so younger than me. When I was their age though, I just lurked on forums because I didn't feel like I knew enough to contribute. 

But holy shit, the Attitude Era is as distant to these people as Hulkamania was to me. 

• Like 3