DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I'd think a shade of baby blue would be a good gear color for that Progressive Liberal gimmick.

Then sometime later he can get a hired goon/bodyguard who is wearing a mask "because he's ashamed to show his face in Trump's America". Extra points if the bodyguard has enough of a tan that they think he's from a minority group

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

I'd think a shade of baby blue would be a good gear color for that Progressive Liberal gimmick.

Then sometime later he can get a hired goon/bodyguard who is wearing a mask "because he's ashamed to show his face in Trump's America". Extra points if the bodyguard has enough of a tan that they think he's from a minority group

Marc Mero is probably too old for the gimmick.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

Based off the shirt, his gimmick should be a Liberal Neocon. Only way that gimmick works is if he had a all-over print Bernie shirt.

It just occurred to me that they've really done absolutely nothing with Mojo since he won the battle royale at Mania.

Repackaging him as a Bernie Bro would have been awesome.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Is tOA still around?  I remember migrating there from AOL Grandstand.  

Aol Grandstand. That brings back memories of being a teenage smark in the making. Where the hell have the last 20 years gone?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

*writes this down in case he ever brings the Captain Amerika gimmick back*

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Aol Grandstand. That brings back memories of being a teenage smark in the making. Where the hell have the last 20 years gone?

God I remember all those AOL boards. So many wrestlers had one too. I remember Blue Meanie and Mortis both posting pretty regularly in theirs. Mortis even asked for catchphrase suggestions once. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

God I remember all those AOL boards. So many wrestlers had one too. I remember Blue Meanie and Mortis both posting pretty regularly in theirs. Mortis even asked for catchphrase suggestions once. 

This reminds me of when many wrestlers would have livejournals (Hero, Punk, and Jimmy Jacobs come to mind) and would list their AIM screen names on their personal websites.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

It just occurred to me that they've really done absolutely nothing with Mojo since he won the battle royale at Mania.

They've done absolutely nothing with EVERYONE who has won the Battle Royale at Mania.  It is literally THE most meaningless victory that is treated like it means something.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

They've done absolutely nothing with EVERYONE who has won the Battle Royale at Mania.  It is literally THE most meaningless victory that is treated like it means something.  

It got off to a bad start when instead of being the Cesaro face turn fans wanted, he was kept a heel and paired with Paul E. Claudio Castagnoli is great. Paul Heyman is great. Their pairing was just a bad fit. Now, it's just an excuse for a lazy creative team to throw guys in a match without putting any real thought into it.

1 minute ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Cesaro with Heyman made sense because they expected the heat from Brock ending the streak to follow Paul over to Cesaro, but it just didn't work out that way.  

Cesaro jumping from one heel manager in Zeb to another in Paul E. didn't make sense, especially when the crowd was clamoring to cheer Claudio at that point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Matt Cappotelli's brain tumor has returned.  Sad news.  

Gutted. He was a great prospect way back when and it sounded like he was doing good when John Morrison was on SCSA podcast

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

.Just team him with a guy working a Muslim gimmick, and during beatdowns Progressive Liberal could just shout nonsensical Occupy Democrats gibberish like, "Christians were the terrorists during the Crusades!"

Also he really needs to come out at some point with a list of moves white wrestlers are no longer allowed to do because they "culturally appropriated"" them from lucha libre.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, J.T. said:

The Progressive Liberal is my new favorite heel.

What a brilliant gimmick!

If he really wanted to draw heat, he go full Rick Rude / Cheryl Roberts and have Nancy Pelosi's face airbrushed across the ass end of his ring attire..

Wouldn't it need to be Ivanka's face if he's going full-on "Rude disrespecting Jake The Snake's wife" mode?

• Like 3