DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

17 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Jim Cornette is selling autographed 8x10 copies of the restraining order Russo filed against him on his website.

That's some Emperor-level carny shit right there.

Frankly I love the idea that Russo does something stupid and Corny makes money on it.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It's a pretty common rib whenever there's a huge trophy used as a title, or anything similar.  WWE *loved* doing it - when Paul Bearer debuted that huge urn with the spotlight inside of it in '94, WWE made him carry it everywhere, and it was apparently about 40-50 pounds.  Bearer said he didn't sell the rib, sitting right outside Vince's office with brass polish and shining it up with a big smile on his face whenever Vince would walk by.  Eventually they got bored and stopped the rib.

This is a company run by adults.

• Like 8

Damn, poor Meltzer. 

My dad is dealing with some health problems right now and I am not terribly graceful when it comes to prepping myself for my parents' mortality..

5 hours ago, Godfrey said:

This is a company run by adults.

It isn't "childish" to have someone carry a large gimmick around in pro wrestling. It's just how pro wrestling is.

16999248_10154202896646976_5265027208820

I won that trophy in November (it's over 4 feet tall and bulky and covered in spikes), and carried it around to every Thrash show for the next three months...then left it at home as it wasn't immediately part of storylines anymore. Guys gladly carry around the trophies my promotion uses, when the need arises.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

It isn't "childish" to have someone carry a large gimmick around in pro wrestling. It's just how pro wrestling is.

16999248_10154202896646976_5265027208820

I won that trophy in November (it's over 4 feet tall and bulky and covered in spikes), and carried it around to every Thrash show for the next three months...then left it at home as it wasn't immediately part of storylines anymore. Guys gladly carry around the trophies my promotion uses, when the need arises.

Oh, that wasn't the part I was amused by. It was that one man made another man carry around a heavy thing because he thought it was funny, and then the other man countered by pretending to like it until the first man lost interest. I'm pretty sure I pulled that second move in grade 3.

I actually like trophies as titles. Or crowns. Or a special cape. There's too many belts out there.

• Pete locked this topic
  • RIPPA unpinned this topic