DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

Whoever came up with those K-Mart "giffing out" commercials needs to go headbutt a knife.  Just plain creepy....

I'm so torn on it.  I simultaneously love it and hate it.  It's annoying as fuck but as someone who makes commercials for a living (and did a similar post-production trick once upon a time), it's memorable and gets your attention, and while I'll never go to Kmart because of it, it's still the one Black Friday spot that I'm going to remember this year.

• 2 weeks later...

The logo where the stuffies are all tilting their heads back and forth in unison is hypnotic and terrifying.  Are you sure there isn't a druid behind this?

You know what?  I watched it again and I think the Stuffies are right.  It is time to surrender from the pain of free will and embrace the luxury of an enlightened order.  We can accomplish so much more as individuals when relieved of the burden of too many choices.  The Stuffies are benevolent and good and questioning their rules is merely a symptom of sickness and perversity. 

I must cleanse now.  We all must cleanse.

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever reason, I can not get enough of James Earl Jones and Malcom McDowell reciting two 16 year old girl's phone conversation.  Its fucking hysterical.

http://youtu.be/xRibRj770J8

The friend request one is my favourite.

http://youtu.be/bxw5aprXK4M

"Greg has sent you a friend request." "... ... ..."

I hope they do more of these.

SAD OLD MEN AND REMAINS OF YOUR SAD PENISES, TELEVISION HAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU:

80s B-Movie starlet Corinne Bohrer is in a tracfone commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6MbTK1M0xQ

She's two-years younger than Geena Davis.  She doesn't do archery.  And she looks magnificent.

You do God's work, Piranesi.

I'm really getting tired of seeing the car commercial with Michael Bolton.

I have a particular hatred for those as one of my previous jobs was working in a warehouse in a Meryvn's store.  The muzak system went out, so one of the manager got the bright idea of bringing in one of their Christmas CDs and playing it on repeat.  Michael Bolton and Celine Dion Christmas songs over and over and over for six weeks straight.  Just one of the reasons I wasn't sad when that chain tanked in Minnesota. 

These desperate Wii U commercials...

I don't find those commercials annoying, but they're not even accomplishing their job.  People still think the Wii U is a tablet add-on for the Wii. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this great one today for the first time, even though it's apparently been around for a few months now...

This is actually a terrible commercial. Specifically because it makes me want to find movies that will make children re-enact mob scenes in movie and not make sure they are just watching the Disney Channel.

That girl is amazing though.

I'm not sure if having them watch the horrible shit they put on Disney is better for them than the actual mobster stuff in the long run. I can't imagine any of the live action stuff being anything but badly scripted, forced laugh track garbage.