DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

How about all these commercials as of late where you can file a lawsuit for just about everything under the sun. I ought to create a thread so we can play a game to come up with the most ridiculous thing to litigate.

Sueing CM Punk for brech of contract for not showing up at Raw in Chicago as advertised on the Wrestling Observer

• Like 1

This mess right here. . .

Yes, we've evolved to point of faking food aromas through our phones!  Yet, millions go to bed every night without. . .food.

I want to die, and want everyone to die along with me.  We simply don't deserve to breathe.

Unless it's a joke.  In which case, I just want to club someone with a lead pipe.

It is a weird approach to selling pizza.  But it's in line with the recent way of advertising mass service industry products to distract us all from how shitty the company itself is by using its employees as human shields.

The worst Geico ad is the one where the lizard is in Philadelphia. And we learn about Philadelphia...that they eat cheese steak sandwiches...which...way to stretch for a single thing about a place.

And then there is a song that goes:

Cheese Steak! Cheese Steak!

Everywhere a Cheese Steak!

Everday a Cheese Steak!

Cheese Steak! Shuffle

I don't even like Philadelphia and I want to fucking kill someone for that.

I am from Philly and that commercial makes me want to become a vegan.

These Hotwire commercials have started to annoy me. The concept being," oh I was going to have to one vacation, until I found out i can get five star hotel rooms for cheap!" Because that's what vacations major expense is,  fancy hotel rooms, not airfare. . . . 

I think Parnell has done several of those. If they pay well, more power to him. Voicing Cyril probably doesn't pay astonishingly well.

I've been trying to think of what that butt reminds me of.

It finally hit me.  If you squint a little and think of the two back pocket flaps as eyes, that butt looks like the final form of Jeff Goldblum's face in THE FLY but like a cute web comic version.