DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

"she's helped liven up a brand that was in need of memorable marketing"

For being incredibly cunty. Wendy's girl and her superiority complex can go fuck herself. Maybe she will be subjected to actually eating the horseshit she schills - which she never even takes a bite of in the commercials.

"she's helped liven up a brand that was in need of memorable marketing"

For being incredibly cunty. Wendy's girl and her superiority complex can go fuck herself. Maybe she will be subjected to actually eating the horseshit she schills - which she never even takes a bite of in the commercials.

Not that I feel strongly about Wendys girl one way or the other, but using her not biting into food in a commercial is a silly complaint

The Taco Bell breakfast commercial with the guy finally moving on from the 80's is terrible, if for no other reason than them giving up on the song having any kind of rhythm at the end.

It's the one with all the Ronald McDonalds that always makes me shake my head.  I mean, really, if your last name is McDonald, and you name your son Ronald, then you're an asshole.  Period.

• Like 1

Still doesn't address that their pizza tastes about as good as the cardboard box it comes in.

Also "a lot of people think I'm some punk kid". 1) you are not a kid, you are 30 and making $8 a hour making pizzas - maybe it's time to give up being the next Picasso. 2) that is the most thought I or anyone else really has given to the person making your delivery pizza, get over yourself.

Thirldly that glass blower should quit Domino's, move to Colorado, and make bongs.

I await Piranesi's response.

Sorry I missed that irrational screed against the Immortal Beloved Baconatress - Bringer of Eternal Sleep - Merger of Pretzel and Bacon - Bringer of Knowledge (of What Exactly Ciabatta is For)  - and Smotherer of us All. 

I guess I was distracted by this warm cocoon of red hair and cardigan that envelopes me here among the shuffling armies of pale glasses-wearing graphic designers with male carry-alls (and that one super-slender black guy in a turtleneck) and mousey salad-nibbling office workers too terrified to move but incessantly tempted to peek over their cubicle to see if another soul has found its purpose in the stifling luxury of the eternally static yet endlessly migrating forever-lunch...a feast of stock-furniture, open floorplans, and oddly manicured downtown streets where your only worldly fear is to find you have become a blank-food-bag-person and your only concern is whether or not today is the day you will finally find sweet stupifying slumber tucked away in the digestion sack of the most perfect demon succubus, or will be melted into cup of a beef chili paste by a single loving glance of her cheerful eyebeams.

O Goddess Devour Us All!

O Cover The World in Flatbread!

BURN ME, RED ONE!!!!!  I AM A SINNER IN THE LAND OF WRAPS!!!!  MY SOUL IS NOT FILLED WITH ASIAGO BUT IS AS A BLANK WHITE WRAPPER WITHOUT BERRY-ALMONDS (WHAT ARE BERRY ALMONDS!!!!????)!!!! DEAR SWEET MISTRESS DEATH WHAT THE FUCK ARE BERRY ALMONDS????????

• Like 3

Those DirecTV "wires" ads are really fucking creepy. Not near "Old Spice Moms" creepy, but creepy nonetheless.

I'm disturbed that they made wire mom "hot".  That means this dude totally hit that.  How come their child has no regular human traits?  Does he get splinters on his weiner?

Also, thank you Piranesi.  I wanna buy you an Asian chicken salad.

The Taco Bell breakfast commercial with the guy finally moving on from the 80's is terrible, if for no other reason than them giving up on the song having any kind of rhythm at the end.

It's the one with all the Ronald McDonalds that always makes me shake my head.  I mean, really, if your last name is McDonald, and you name your son Ronald, then you're an asshole. Period.

bang-mom.jpg

I hate that one too, especially when they shush the sales lady - for talking in a normal tone in a public place, just because their baby happens to be asleep. There's also a Roku commercial that does it. Annoying and reinforces shitty half ass parenting.

Also that data plan is a joke, 10 GB can be burned through fast, especially with kids and AT&T only "warns" you when you're basically already over and then hits you with a $15 charge for another GB.

I'm really sick of the AT&T commercial with the couple whispering because their baby fell asleep. Like throw a rock through my tv sick of it.

Reminds me of the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial where a couple get chased from their dumbass friends' (who have a bunch of kids all under the age of five) because making the slightest noise makes all the kids cry. 

Who the fuck invites people over to watch football in that situation?

I want to know who the fuck made those Geico Talking Pictures commercials. Also because they're all over the fucking place online before YouTube videos and flash games and shit.