DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Victator said:

Why can't they do a fifteen/ten woman Rumble on the preshow? I know in the past lady battle royals in the WWE have beemn crummy because the women could not take over the top rope bumps. Is that still a thing?

Considering they're doing reverse ranas... of say no.

Confirmed for the Pre-Show

Raw Tag Titles - Cesaro/Sheamus (c) vs The Club

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks

I'm sure SDL gets one match on too.   

Pre-show starts at 5pm, show starts at 7.  Because 4 hour PPV's are all the rage.

I have to assume Nikki/Nattie will be put on the preshow

If they put whatever Becky/Alexa/Mickie match on the preshow that means SDL will only have one match on the Main show

Update entrant list

The Undertaker (RAW)
Goldberg (RAW)
Brock Lesnar (RAW)
Big Show (RAW)
Dean Ambrose (SDL)
The Miz (SDL)
Sami Zayn (RAW)
Dolph Ziggler (SDL)
Big E (RAW)
Xavier Woods (RAW)
Kofi Kingston (RAW)
Bray Wyatt (SDL)
Randy Orton (SDL)
Luke Harper (SDL)
Braun Strowman (RAW)
Chris Jericho (RAW)
Baron Corbin (SDL)
Cesaro (RAW)
Sheamus (RAW)
Big Cass (RAW)
Rusev (RAW)

21 Named so far with SDL to go.

Split: Raw - 14, SDL - 7

Raw Tag Champs working twice because DEEPEST ROSTER EVER~! or something

• Like 1

Ugh I'm over the 4 hour PPV's and have been since the first non-Mania one (and honestly last years Mania dragged too much too). I wish they would release the show order before hand so I could approximate when I wanted to tune in. The 3 hour PPV's (at least Raw's) seem to take 4 hours anyway. And do people actually watch the Pre-Shows? Cause that's a lot of time to watch WWE these days it seems like an act of self punishment more than anything.

15 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Hideo Itami can join the Lambda Lambda Lambda stable in the Tochi role. The Miz as Stan Gable with Maryse as Betty for the Alpha Betas. Every other Alpha Beta was a generic pretty boy outside of Gable as the clear leader and Ogre as the muscle. Call up Tino Sabbatelli from NXT as part of the AB stable; he's got the generic good looks and played college football! 

I find the lack of Jack Swagger distressing. He's a blown-up Billy Zabka with some Biff Tannen mixed in.

• Like 4

They have decided to make the Big 4 PPVs "event" PPVs thus the shows have become 4 hours (with the mentality they can get more matches on or at least give the "big" matches more time)

Those 4 PPVs also have two hour preview shows with the logic that big PPV needs bigger preshow to promote everything (and fit more matches in)

Again - the "kickoff' shows primary focus is to get last minute buys/signups. So if they make a bigger fuss - someone might be tricked into getting it.(Also a longer kickoff means more time to sucker someone in)

• Like 1

I watch the kickoffs A) because I feel like it is part of "commitment" to the site for lack of a better word and B) because clearly I hate myself

That being said - they were a lot better before adding Jerry Lawler.

They had much more of those "sports pregames" and things were taken a lot more serious (plus the match or two).

Once they added Lawler - he started doing his heel bits again and then Booker went WAY deeper into his terrible gimmick.

And then recently they added the "fan/celebrity/media person" (Rosenberg, Sam Roberts, etc...) who make insufferable

So actually Shawn Michaels is an improvement over them

• Like 2

For the pre-shows, I record them, and fast forward unless they have an interview guest and the one or two matches they air. The only time I bothered to stop for the "Social Media Lounge" was when Jericho and Owens clowned poor Tom Phillips the entire time.

On 1/18/2017 at 4:27 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

Undertaker is still the favorite to win the Rumble, according to the oddsmakers.  I just can't see it as it stands.  If Undertaker wins, he would then wrestle KO, Reigns, AJ or Cena at Wrestlemania.  (I'm assuming Undertaker can wrestle any champion he wants)  KO and AJ don't make sense to me and a Cena/Undertaker match for Cena's belt doesn't make sense either.  So that leaves Reigns and I'm sure they don't want Reigns boo'ed at another Wrestlemania.  So what's the most likely scenario for an Undertaker win?  A title change at Fastlane/EC?  My crazy theory is that some combination of Goldberg/Lesnar screws the Undertaker and we get a triple threat match at WM.  As shitty as that match will be, it will be a spectacle.

Ooh, this doesn't sound so crazy now.

If that comes true can you predict some Powerball numbers for me, please?  I could stand to have tons of fuck money to go to Japan and wherever else. :)

But that would be a nice scenario to lump the part-timers into one match.

• Like 2

The last-minute no DQ stip for Roman/KO gives KO a little hope for retaining, but only a little since Seth Rollins will need something to do now. Even though they haven't played up the Owens/HHH connection at all, I'm sure they'll spin it as a huge affront to HHH that Rollins cost "his guy" the match.

7 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Have recent Rumbles been using 2-minute intervals?  Because if the show's going to be 4 hours long, they'll probably do that.

Just looking purely at match times on Wikipedia, the last 5 rumbles have been:

1:01

59:31

55:07

55:07

54:55

So with as long as the match ending segments usually take, it seems like they've settled into about 90 second intervals.

edit: and looking back farther, the last time they were even close to 2-minute intervals before last year was 2006 with it lasting 1:02

On January 23, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Cristobal said:

They could do a 20 woman battle royal on Sunday, even without the injured folks and Bayley/Charlotte, if they wanted.

Raw (6): Nia, Sasha, Dana Brooke, Emma (surprise 20th entry, wins), Alicia, Summer Rae

Smackdown (7): Becky, Alexa, Mickie, Nikki, Natalya, Naomi, Carmella

NXT (7): Asuka, Ember, Billie, Peyton, Nikki Cross, Liv, Aliyah

What, no Santina guest spot?

Only Mojo Rawley was officially added to the Rumble match last night so you have 22 guys officially named

And as of this moment - the RAW tag champs are working twice and the SDL tag champs aren't on the show

An unpredictable Royal Rumble match and same goes for the top two titles.

The Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble match for the second time.

Roman Reigns takes the WWE Universal Championship from Kevin Owens. Hope this ends the series of matches involving them/Chris Jericho we’ve had for the past few months.

AJ Styles retains the WWE Championship against John Cena. More hope than expectation.

Charlotte Flair defends the RAW WWE Women’s Championship against Bayley.

Neville becomes the new WWE Cruiserweight Champion beating Rich Swann.

Becky Lynch/Nikki Bella/Naomi defeat Alexa Bliss/Mickie James/Natalya.

Pre-show:

Cesaro/Sheamus defend the RAW WWE Tag Team Titles against Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson despite the amount of title shots given to them and not getting it done.

Nia Jax beats Sasha Banks.