DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

Well if you are talking about straight singles matches - Sunday is only their third PPV match

Plus you can have AJ lose in the EC to someone who isn't Cena (Miz to just throw a name out) and then have Cena beat that person at Mania

So that is a way to keep the total down but clearly that has never stopped them before

Thing is, Cena finally beating that arrogant little snot he's never been able to beat is part of the story too. I can't think whom he could take the title from at 'Mania that would be more impactful than AJ.

As far as the problem with overdoing AJ vs Cena... well, he really shouldn't be wrestling AJ this Sunday. He should be winning the Rumble. Or maybe winning the Elimination Chamber for a title shot next month. But it's a bit late for that now.

I had thought when they announced Cesaro/Sheamus in the Rumble, that Gallows/Anderson had entered too but I guess not. Seems weird to only have one of the teams wrestling each other on the preshow also be in the Rumble. But I'll hope this means there are 8 surprises. One will be The Demon Kane.

16 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Ziggler/Crews has to be a pre-show match too now, right?

Ziggler is in the Rumble and I doubt they are doing three preshow matches

And again - you would figure if anyone would be added it would be the SDL tag champs

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

I had thought when they announced Cesaro/Sheamus in the Rumble, that Gallows/Anderson had entered too but I guess not. Seems weird to only have one of the teams wrestling each other on the preshow also be in the Rumble. But I'll hope this means there are 8 surprises. One will be The Demon Kane.

I'm banking on Gallows/Anderson screwing Cena out of the title against AJ, then Cena winning the Rumble and challenging AJ at Wrestlemania.

I'm going with Samoa Joe costing Cena the match and facing him at Mania in a grudge match. Vince holds off on giving Cena that big title win until SummerSlam when they need a bigger main event.

My Rumble pick is Undertaker. They can do a few weeks of teases where we don't know which champ he's going to go after. It'll create more interest in the Elimination Chamber and Fastlane because people will be coming up with a ton of different scenarios.

Again take this for what it is worth but Meltzer said Taker's plans for Mania do not involve him wrestling for a title so that would put winning out of the question for him

Or they again are going to do some goofy stip to get Taker's title shot away from him

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ziggler is in the Rumble and I doubt they are doing three preshow matches

Sheamus and Cesaro are both doing double duty, and the pre-show is 2 hours. They did 3 pre-show matches at Mania and Summer Slam.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again take this for what it is worth but Meltzer said Taker's plans for Mania do not involve him wrestling for a title so that would put winning out of the question for him

Or they again are going to do some goofy stip to get Taker's title shot away from him

True but plans have supposedly changed a number of times already.

I think the most logical choice for a Rumble winner is Brock because of the news that he's booked on all these RAW's but isn't booked on Fastlane. That would suggest he's winning the Rumble and Goldberg is winning the title at Fastlane. I'd do that, have Goldberg go over again and then feed Goldberg to Strowman.

20 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Sheamus and Cesaro are both doing double duty, and the pre-show is 2 hours. They did 3 pre-show matches at Mania and Summer Slam.

Fine but that still ignores the second part of my post which is that one would assume that the tag champs would have priority over Ziggler working twice

Or they would use their old standby of running another cruiseweight match

Again this is the WWE - I fully expect a half a dozen guys working twice by the ensnared of the night

I just don't think it "has" to Ziggler/Crews