DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Sublime said:

What BS is that that AJ gets the same level of placement as fucking R-Truth (Miz being so far back is bad too) Surprised to see Swann on the poster at all though

Fun fact the front line's combined age is 179

I mean, you have to have four part-timers at the front of the picture, so it doesn't really matter who else goes where.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am now assuming with Jericho as US Champ and in the Rumble that Ambrose and Miz will both be in the Rumble and the IC title won't be defended on the show

Hey look at that - Ambrose and Miz are now both officially in the Rumble.

I sometimes know what I am talking about

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I mean, you have to have four part-timers at the front of the picture, so it doesn't really matter who else goes where.

I know it's just a poster, but if I'm a F/T guy that goes out and busts my ass every night to try and work my way up, I'd be pissed about things like that. That sends such a bad message. "Hey, we want you to reach for that brass ring, but you'll never be as important as these guys that don't have to work as much as you." Love him or hate him, but CM Punk was right. 

• Like 7

The confirmed list is now (via WWE.com)

• The Undertaker
  • Goldberg
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Dean Ambrose
  • The Miz
  • Seth Rollins
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Big E
  • Xavier Woods
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Braun Strowman
  • Chris Jericho
  • Baron Corbin

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know it's just a poster, but if I'm a F/T guy that goes out and busts my ass every night to try and work my way up, I'd be pissed about things like that. That sends such a bad message. "Hey, we want you to reach for that brass ring, but you'll never be as important as these guys that don't have to work as much as you." Love him or hate him, but CM Punk was right. 

AJ will tear the house down no matter where he's placed on a poster. Not that there's any indication that they will but they won't be able to ignore him throughout Mania season. Will AJ be the new Bryan if they do?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

AJ getting squashed by Baron Corbin in 15 seconds to open Mania would be interesting...

A Mania match where an AJ's involved and it goes under 20 seconds?

Well, it worked for Sheamus.

It worked really well for Bryan too, it just took a couple years to pay off.

Unfortunately with Jericho winning the US belt, Roman winning the U seems a lot more likely. I could see Taker/Roman at Mania being a legit possibility.

Roman/Taker sounds like a trainwreck just waiting to happen. Maybe they can just do entrances; Roman coming down through the crowd again and Taker coming out with druids, thunder, lightning, caskets, vultures, and whatever else can be thought of to cover up how broken down he looks in the ring.

• Like 1

It's hard to get to Cena/Roman storyline wise without one guy losing their title match then winning the Rumble. Compound that angle with other guy needing to beat his more popular opponent, and that makes the Rumble a pretty horrible show. They could probably pull it off as an inter-brand bragging rights kind of match, but I don't see Vince treating either guy like an afterthought at Mania.

I don't want Taker to win the Rumble.

I wouldn't mind Reigns vs Taker at Mania, the match doesn't have to go over 10 minutes, and it can be mostly enterances and smoke and mirrors but I think Reigns should win if the wrestle each other. 

I have a feeling like many others that Reigns wins the U at the Rumble. Then Owens faces Jericho for the US Title at Mania.

Reigns and Goldberg vs Lesnar and Taker at Fastlane could be a cool main event.

I've read that Joe is expected to debut in the Rumble match and then receive a big push. Why not have him win the Rumble and close the show with Joe vs AJ for the World Title in the Main Event of Mania in Orlando.

Or how is this for a crazy pipe dream of an Idea: Cena beats AJ at RR tiring with Flair, Joe wins the Rumble. Joe beats Cena for the Title at Mania. This sets up a three way feud between AJ, Joe and Cena throughout the spring and summer until SummerSlam when Cena beats Joe and has a "legendary" 15 month 17th World Title reign beating Punks record.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

I don't want Taker to win the Rumble.

I wouldn't mind Reigns vs Taker at Mania, the match doesn't have to go over 10 minutes, and it can be mostly enterances and smoke and mirrors but I think Reigns should win if the wrestle each other. 

I have a feeling like many others that Reigns wins the U at the Rumble. Then Owens faces Jericho for the US Title at Mania.

Reigns and Goldberg vs Lesnar and Taker at Fastlane could be a cool main event.

I've read that Joe is expected to debut in the Rumble match and then receive a big push. Why not have him win the Rumble and close the show with Joe vs AJ for the World Title in the Main Event of Mania in Orlando.

Or how is this for a crazy pipe dream of an Idea: Cena beats AJ at RR tiring with Flair, Joe wins the Rumble. Joe beats Cena for the Title at Mania. This sets up a three way feud between AJ, Joe and Cena throughout the spring and summer until SummerSlam when Cena beats Joe and has a "legendary" 15 month 17th World Title reign beating Punks record.

u20b8.jpg

Guys, stop! The eventual reality is going to be such a let down if you get those kind of things in your head.

I love Samoa Joe's work as much as the next guy but if you're expecting him to be anything above strong IC/US champ, I'm thinking you'll be greatly disappointed.

I'd debut Joe by having him choke out Cena post-match after Cena wins no. 16, but Joe debuting as the third member of Golden Truth is probably more likely.  I know Meltzer says otherwise, but I think that, if the company had big plans for Joe, they'd have called him up by now.\

I'll be satisfied if Joe gets some time on the main roster and a strong IC/US-level push.

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

u20b8.jpg

Guys, stop! The eventual reality is going to be such a let down if you get those kind of things in your head.

I love Samoa Joe's work as much as the next guy but if you're expecting him to be anything above strong IC/US champ, I'm thinking you'll be greatly disappointed.

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'd debut Joe by having him choke out Cena post-match after Cena wins no. 16, but Joe debuting as the third member of Golden Truth is probably more likely.  I know Meltzer says otherwise, but I think that, if the company had big plans for Joe, they'd have called him up by now.\

I'll be satisfied if Joe gets some time on the main roster and a strong IC/US-level push.

The same thing was likely said about AJ last year at this time.

• Like 1