DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

I think it's too early for Corbin but put him in the Final Four this year and don't fuck up for 12 months (I know, I know) and he could easily win next year. Although he always felt like a Summerslam kind of guy to me...

Brock enters at #1 with somebody like Xavier in at #2. Xavier gets squashed and tossed and Goldberg is #3. They fight for 2 minutes doing the double elimination spot. Gets their stuff in and out and overwith early without really affecting the rest of the Rumble match. 

And I agree with all saying Jericho wins it this year to set up the Jeri-KO Explosion at Mania.

EDIT: Oh, and I really don't see anybody from the SD side who could really win, unless UT enters and wins and Cena wins the belt from AJ, setting up that match. Too early for Corbin to win, but he probably will be in the Final 4

• Like 1

The fanboy in me wants Jericho to win but I think if they were going that direction I think they would've gone through with the split and face turn. I have a sneaking suspicion it'll go to Rollins since he has enough history with KO to give the Universal Title match a more "EPIC" feel, plus he doesn't seem to have anything else going on.

Maybe it's a better idea to figure out who could win the Rumble and not have the crowd shit on it, then backwards engineer a good Wrestlemania storyline. They need a real winner this year.

9 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

EDIT: Oh, and I really don't see anybody from the SD side who could really win, unless UT enters and wins and Cena wins the belt from AJ, setting up that match. Too early for Corbin to win, but he probably will be in the Final 4

That scenario with Undertaker winning and going on to face Cena makes a lot of sense. If Jericho gets eliminated early then Undertaker becomes my pick to win. But if the final 2 are Undertaker and Corbin the fans may be unhappy.

I wonder what Kofi's big spot will be. If they want to split New Day, they can have Xavier get mad because Kofi only saved himself by somehow landing on Xavier...and Francesca.  

39 minutes ago, zev said:

I wonder what Kofi's big spot will be. If they want to split New Day, they can have Xavier get mad because Kofi only saved himself by somehow landing on Xavier...and Francesca.  

Kofi is going to land on a giant inflatable Booty-O's box and bounce back into the ring.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, zev said:

All 3 of New Day are in the ring and it's time to clear some people out.

Corbin and Big E do the 'hoss' spot and Corbin eliminates Big E. A minute later he throws both Xavier and Kofi over the top on the same side and Big catches Kofi. Not a choice, that's just who he was closest too.

Tension now as Xavier thinks Big E picked Kofi. Big E says he would have saved Xavier if he could. Kofi gets upset that Big E would choose Xavier if he could go back. Xavier upset with Kofi for thinking he should get the help after all the miraculous saves he had had over the years...

What's the odds on Wyatt? I'm thinking he goes far if he has help from...who else...the returning Papa Shango.

Also, I'm expecting the NXT representative to get attacked by Sanity mid match.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:40 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Latest odds from the bookies:

Taker $3
Braun Strowman $5
Jericho $5.50
Finn Balor $6.50
Goldberg $8
Cena $10
Orton $10
Lesnar $17

The fact that you can bet on pro wrestling makes me worry so much about our country's financial outlook.

• Like 4

I'm thinking there are some matches at Rumble or Mania where the odds on favorite loses so a few folks can clean up big on big bets on the down low. Cole/Lawler comes to mind. I think Ryback was tipped to beat Mark Henry. And if someone were to tell me that Taker knew he was losing to Lesnar, and somehow managed to put 50 large on a wager, I wouldn't be surprised.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:54 AM, Matt788 said:

Speaking of Bray... The Wyatt family is basically Zartan and the dreadnoks. I have been watching WWE forever and only realize this now.

Well, I guess we know now how Randy will split the Wyatt Family up...

"Breath mint!"

"Candy mint!"

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zev said:

I'm thinking there are some matches at Rumble or Mania where the odds on favorite loses so a few folks can clean up big on big bets on the down low. Cole/Lawler comes to mind. I think Ryback was tipped to beat Mark Henry. And if someone were to tell me that Taker knew he was losing to Lesnar, and somehow managed to put 50 large on a wager, I wouldn't be surprised.

https://pics.onsizzle.com/Facebook-I-hope-this-is-real-e0158e.png

Jericho said in Kerrang that they're targeting April for the next Fozzy album (but he was probably working them). They are booked on the main stage at Download this year though.Weekend of June 9th-11th... but that pretty much means touring all summer.