DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXX

Dolfan in NYC

This is the SDL men's roster

• AJ Styles - Champ (in theory not in)
  • John Cena - Challenger (in theory not in)
  • American Alpha - Champs (in theory will have a title match not in)
  • Dean Ambrose - Champ (in theory will have a title match not in)
  • Miz - Most likely IC Challenger (in theory not in)
  • Luke Harper - educated guess challenging for tag title
  • Randy Orton - educated guess challenging for tag title

GUYS MOST LIKELY TO BE IN

• Baron Corbin (officially in)
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Apollo Crews
  • Kalisto
  • Bray Wyatt
  • James Ellsworth
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Rhyno (to continue breakup angle)
  • Heath Slater (to continue breakup angle

THE REST (Singles)

• Kane (Most likely to be in from this group but has vanished since Randy Orton turned on him)
  • Curt Hawkins
  • Jack Swagger (HOTTEST FA!!!... then vanished)
  • Zack Ryder (crippled)
  • Erick Rowan (crippled)

THE REST (Tag Teams)

• Vaudevillians
  • Fashion Police (would most likely be the next team added since they would want them to do the comedy of handing out tickets to guys in the Rumble. Plus you guys for Goldberg to eliminate)
  • Usos
  • Spirit Squad
  • Ascension

If you move Kane into the "IN" category, that is 10 SDL live guys. You figure that is the minimum they will put in and honestly I can't see them having more than 12.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This is the SDL men's roster

• AJ Styles - Champ (in theory not in)
  • John Cena - Challenger (in theory not in)
  • American Alpha - Champs (in theory will have a title match not in)
  • Dean Ambrose - Champ (in theory will have a title match not in)
  • Miz - Most likely IC Challenger (in theory not in)
  • Luke Harper - educated guess challenging for tag title
  • Randy Orton - educated guess challenging for tag title

If most of these guys aren't in the Rumble, that'll be some bullshit.

Gotta save 2-3 spots for surprise returns and debuting guys. Pretty sure Joe is debuting in the Rumble this year. Lots of people are saying/want Tye Dillinger, but not sure if that'll happen. Who will be the big returning guy this year? It was DDP last year. Some rumors have Kurt Angle, but I doubt it. 

I think Tye is debuting personally. His 'Ten' chant has really caught on despite not being on the main roster, even every Raw when there's a ten count every number chanted is ten. If he does not come out at 10 there's some major booing coming (Hopefully if he doesn't come out, it's the returning Rey Mysterio Jr. after his number 30 debacle)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

The "#30 wins without doing anything" is a fun finish idea but not something you'd ever want to actually do unless you want the fans losing their shit, and not for the intended reason.  The event's too big to pull something like that off, especially now - the backlash they'd get would far outweigh the benefits.

I mean, I'm sure there's ways to do it and NOT turn off the crowd completely.

I think Miz is a guy who could pull it off.  Have the remaining two guys eliminate each other right as he's sliding into the ring, so the crowd doesn't immediately realize what's going on, and I think you'd probably generate some "was the finish screwed up?" heat.  Regardless, the heat on Miz would be spectacular.

• Like 1

Similarly, if you have the countdown start with ten seconds left, and the last two eliminate themselves with five seconds left, just imagine the heat when Miz's music kicks.  Obviously they'd never do it, but it would be awesome. (Pun fully intended)

• Like 2

If you put a guy like Bryan in at #30 and he wins it without doing anything I guarantee there would be absolute zero backlash. In fact, it'd he pure adulation. 

Jericho is prime to pull it off. Miz would be a great heel to pull it off. 

Rollins or Reigns would be a disaster.

I would say definitely stay away from all 3 Shield guys this year. Reigns is already stale again, Rollins is locked up with HHH theoretically, and Ambrose is so much more fun as a challenger right now (though I seem to be in the minority as having enjoyed the absolute hell out of his title run last year)

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I would say definitely stay away from all 3 Shield guys this year. Reigns is already stale again, Rollins is locked up with HHH theoretically, and Ambrose is so much more fun as a challenger right now (though I seem to be in the minority as having enjoyed the absolute hell out of his title run last year)

I liked his character work, but the matches themselves were pretty dependent on his opponent for quality. His matches with AJ were great. His matches with Miz are good. His match was Dolph was a match.

• Like 1

Problem with Miz winning is that it likely means Cena wins the title from AJ, and your Mania co-main just becomes Cena "getting his win back" from WM 27.

I'm thinking they could do the spot where #30 comes in with no one left in the ring, but only after someone doesn't show up for their spot mid-match due to "backstage injury". Then a replacement comes in, so you could get something like Miz vs. Bryan's hired gun.

9 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I liked his character work, but the matches themselves were pretty dependent on his opponent for quality. His matches with AJ were great. His matches with Miz are good. His match was Dolph was a match.

That's an excellent point. For example, I saw Ambrose vs AJ vs Rollins live, and even for a house show they tore it up. But I agree on the Dolph match.

7 minutes ago, zev said:

Problem with Miz winning is that it likely means Cena wins the title from AJ, and your Mania co-main just becomes Cena "getting his win back" from WM 27.

I'm thinking they could do the spot where #30 comes in with no one left in the ring, but only after someone doesn't show up for their spot mid-match due to "backstage injury". Then a replacement comes in, so you could get something like Miz vs. Bryan's hired gun.

Not that I disagree with you at all, but Miz vs. Bryans Hired Gun has been fantasy booked to death since Miz' badass Talking Smack money promo in August that I'm to the point where I honestly don't want to see it anymore, even if it does mean bringing a Joe or Nak up from NXT.

11 minutes ago, zev said:

What if Miz wins and decides to challenge for the Universal Title, if there isn't a rule that says he has to compete for a Smackdown title.  That puts DB in the position of having to root for Miz.  (I know this is completely implausible because Vince will want a Raw guy to win.)

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Not that I disagree with you at all, but Miz vs. Bryans Hired Gun has been fantasy booked to death since Miz' badass Talking Smack money promo in August that I'm to the point where I honestly don't want to see it anymore, even if it does mean bringing a Joe or Nak up from NXT.

Even if it's Nak dressed up as The Bunny?

• Like 1

Would make sense not to have an IC title match cause they'll have to give the Rumble extra time anyway to make sure Taker has time to make it to the ring, (calling taker coming in at 30 to make sure the next entrant doesn't lap him)

The Rumble is something I usually look forward to so much, love the Rumble match but I'm just not excited for this years. Some of that is probably due to the last couple being pretty ehhhh, some is probably due to Raw being unbearable (turned it on last night and saw the New Day/Titus segment, the horror) and just not feeling the direction of the company lately. 

What BS is that that AJ gets the same level of placement as fucking R-Truth (Miz being so far back is bad too) Surprised to see Swann on the poster at all though

Fun fact the front line's combined age is 179

• Like 4