DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't decide if that or The Last Face is more insulting. 

Some movies are Oscar bait, but Geostorm is the first movie that I honestly believe is Razzie bait.

• Like 1

I know I will be disappointed by that movie and I am very sad.

Elba will be awesome and and McConaughey will chew on scenery and be great, but I will probably hate the kid playing Jake Chambers and the shotguning of the storyline will anger me..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I know I will be disappointed by that movie and I am very sad.

Elba will be awesome and and McConaughey will chew on scenery and be great, but I will probably hate the kid playing Jake Chambers and the shotguning of the storyline will anger me..

"Now the war's come to Earth."  Wait wait wait so Roland and the Man in Black are now aliens?  Oh fuck all of this.

Variety and The Hollywood Reporter are both saying that Quentin Tarantino, newly engaged and looking like a more burned out version of Dustin Hoffman in American Buffalo, is making a film about the Manson Family murders.

That sound you just heard is Steve Railsback's career coming off a ventilator.

• Like 1

A FAMILY MAN

Starring Gerard Butler, Alfred Molina and Alison Brie

Another entry into the "entire movie is in the trailer" log.  This one seems particularly egregious though. 

I think a movie could be made based on helter skelter(if it hasn't been already), based on the criminal case, but that's not his style. If its about his younger life, again it might be worthwhile, but I'm picturing a graphic exploitation of the murders themselves which seems more in QT's wheelhouse. . .If its closer to a dark crime drama, I'd take the comment back. . .

Not only was it done once but it was remade in 2004. Thus, the Steve Railsback remark from Loco. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H21V4vaBjvA

This is the trailer for VanBebber's Manson Family, which is basically like if Tarantino decided to do what he's gonna do. If he sticks with this idea, given his method of, well, imitation/plagiarism, it'll probably end up being a mix of both.

• Like 2

It's QT. He could come out next week to say he's going to make another western, followed by a month from then to say he's done making movies, and then followed by a month after that to say he's going to make the Vega Brothers movie.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

GOON 2: THE LAST OF THE ENFORCERS

Starring Seann William Scott

Ugh.  Multiple "gay butt sex" jokes in the trailer?  Removal of everything that was legitimately great about the first one?  I am sad-faced big-time over this one.  

I am 99% sure WWE bought the distribution rights after seeing it at the Toronto Film Festival hence why no one from the roster being crammed in